Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

Color Me Rad (similar) was not timed. most people were walking. and it was a lot of fun! just enjoy it!

I am gonna try! I will just hold my breath as I go through the dust... that should help. My other issue is just not looking like an old woman playing with kids.... I guess I will get over it though :goodvibes

There were people of all ages at our color run. And of all shapes. So no worries there. If you are worried about breathing the powder you could wear a mask (saw several people with these) or a bandana that you can pull over your mouth and nose just at the color stations. It won't catch everything, but it would help.

You probably know this, and maybe it was mentioned in the thread, but wanted to mention that it was booked as a package, just without tickets or dining. Because we didn't order tickets, the CM said she was putting in a round of minigolf for each of us; maybe that's the way they create the "package"? She said if we called later and added tickets, the minigolf would be taken off.

Interesting about the package. I'm local, so I won't book until I see AP rates and may even go off-site if it's a better price.

Hello! I don't know if I ever posted here before...

I was accepted for the Disney College Program for this Fall so I am finally going to live out 2 dreams. Working at Disney AND I will finally be running in my first Disneyrun event! I haven't done any before so I'm excited to see how it goes.

I've ran two halfs and have another next month along with a few 5ks so I'm really pumped!

I was accepted for the Disney College Program for this Fall so I am finally going to live out 2 dreams. Working at Disney AND I will finally be running in my first Disneyrun event! I haven't done any before so I'm excited to see how it goes.

I've ran two halfs and have another next month along with a few 5ks so I'm really pumped!

Congrats on getting into Disney College Program

There were people of all ages at our color run. And of all shapes. So no worries there. If you are worried about breathing the powder you could wear a mask (saw several people with these) or a bandana that you can pull over your mouth and nose just at the color stations. It won't catch everything, but it would help.

eh... I will survive. I can't imagine the powder is too horrid...and I could always just hold my breath, yes?

:cool1: How awesome on both accounts!!!

Oh how cool!! Congrats on both!! :thumbsup2

::Snow_White:: said:

That's awesome! You go girl!

What is everyone's plan for changing after the run? Typically when I run solo, I have my car and can just keep clothes and stuff there. I know there will probably be a bag check at the TOT...what are your experiences with that? Do you typically change afterwards so that you can enjoy the bash odor-free? Or do you stay in your stinky running things for the bash? :crazy2:

Yay - congrats! :banana:

What is everyone's plan for changing after the run? Typically when I run solo, I have my car and can just keep clothes and stuff there. I know there will probably be a bag check at the TOT...what are your experiences with that? Do you typically change afterwards so that you can enjoy the bash odor-free? Or do you stay in your stinky running things for the bash? :crazy2:

I brought stuff to change into last year... what a PITA! The changing tent was a million degrees, so I opted for an AC'd restroom - quite the challenge to peel off sticky, sweaty clothes in a small stall with nowhere to set things. Plus, a lot of people were sick after the race. A LOT. So there was that going on all around me.

I'll probably bring a change of clothes again, but hope that I won't be in agony with each step this time and will try going to a restroom far away from the bag check area; might make things a bit easier. May also opt for a skirt and tee; trying to pull on running capris was difficult.

As far as stinkiness... honestly, it was, for all intents and purposes, summer in FL - people were likely to be sweaty and stinky whether they ran or not! I live here year-round and it's just life; didn't bother me any more than a usual summer night at WDW. :rotfl:

Congrats! This is my 1st runDisney event too :thumbsup2 So jealous...I would love to do the CP program again! I did 2 programs in 2009-2010 in attractions. You'll have so much fun! :goodvibes

welcome! and congrats!!!

as far as changing, i'm having my family bring me something. i'm trying to avoid checking a bag. i think a simple dress might be a good option.

Last year I brought some cleansing cloths that I picked up at Walmart to freshen up a bit, but I ended up putting my same sweaty clothes back on cause I wanted to wear my costume :) But at least by freshening up, I felt somewhat human :thumbsup2

I'm doing the Electric Run in Puyallup with a team of 10...my sis, sons, daughter, nephew, and friends (including my DD's high school choir teacher, lol)... we're all excited! :) :cool1:

:)

I had seen that the other day, but it seems like it's *powdered* color being blown at you? Or is it splattered paint? The powder would scare me, since my lungs are touchy.

I also looked at the electric run in Puyallup; while looking at the site I was thinking "hmm", and then in the FAQs it actually addresses the questions about "hmm, is this a rave?" :) OK it doesn't say it just like that, but in my imagination it did.

::yes:: yup...it is the cornstarch stuff... and I too worry bout my lungs a bit.

AND... :rotfl2: I saw the electric run in puyallup too and was all excited and then thought :scratchin is it a rave?

The very first 10k I ran has its annual race the very next day. I figure it would be better for me to go to that rather than stay up late doing?? Of course, they do say it is kid friendly....:rolleyes:

Last year I brought a change of clothes and cleaning wipes... however my running partner was not at all up for the bash..so we didn't go.... and so I didn't need to change or clean up. Honestly though... I think as princessV said... everyone is sweating running or not and the difference between someone who has ran and someone who has just stood out in the heat for hours probably isn't too much.... I will plan to bring some cleaning wipes more to get the salt off my face.... beyond that I won't worry too much. I will bring a change...just in case I am seriously gross. (after the phm...I was seriously gross :crazy2:) After the ToT last year... not so gross so if we had stayed... I am sure i would have been fine just hanging out in my running attire. OH! except shoes!!! THOSE have to come off my feet. :rotfl:

I'm doing the Electric Run in Puyallup with a team of 10...my sis, sons, daughter, nephew, and friends (including my DD's high school choir teacher, lol)... we're all excited! :) :cool1:

How fun!!! I had wanted to so bad... and then got a tad scared. Now I don't even know if it is sold out or not.. :sad2:

It was you who told me about it. :)

I think I'm sticking with doing the Sound to Narrows 5K run, and then I got the map for the Tacoma City 5K, Half, and Marathon and I will start running those routes, building up as I go.

Then I'll get into summer and see if I want to do more races, as I build up more and more to October.

October is also really expensive (not to mention the stuff I signed up for in January in faith that I'll get to the point of being able to do a Half!), along with the shoes and everything else. :)

OH! except shoes!!! THOSE have to come off my feet. :rotfl:

I'm developing a list of things DH and DS can bring me. My Crocs Athens, a bunch of cold water to dump on my head (and drink, of course), maybe some easy and simple clothes.

I'll make a note to bring my Crocs and some cleaning wipes - it was so hot last year!

The Electric Run hasn't reached capacity yet. :)

Last year I brought a change of clothes and cleaning wipes... however my running partner was not at all up for the bash..so we didn't go.... and so I didn't need to change or clean up. Honestly though... I think as princessV said... everyone is sweating running or not and the difference between someone who has ran and someone who has just stood out in the heat for hours probably isn't too much.... I will plan to bring some cleaning wipes more to get the salt off my face.... beyond that I won't worry too much. I will bring a change...just in case I am seriously gross. (after the phm...I was seriously gross :crazy2:) After the ToT last year... not so gross so if we had stayed... I am sure i would have been fine just hanging out in my running attire. OH! except shoes!!! THOSE have to come off my feet. :rotfl:

How fun!!! I had wanted to so bad... and then got a tad scared. Now I don't even know if it is sold out or not.. :sad2:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 YES!!! Single best thing I brought for post-race was flip-flops.

I totally agree about the shoes!! At the 1/2 in January I was lucky enough to grab a larger handicap POP (which I did not steal from a handicapped person, honestly!) that I used to change into. DH had my backpack with a change of clothes and my most important thing, my sandals!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter