Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

For the Color Run - there was a large packet pick up area. It was a very informal start as it is not a timed event. There is not even a clock on the run. They let people go in waves so as not to overwhelm the color blasters...many of whom where children at our run. We still had people arriving yet to run or even park when we left...and we were in about the 5th or 6th wave.

Be sure to bring a change of shirts and a towel to sit on or a change of pants/shorts for the ride home. Otherwise you might never get the stuff out of your car! Also we brought a pack of baby wipes. This got pretty much all of the loose powder off of us. We still had some on our hands from where we released our packs of powder but that came off in the shower later.

Another tip...a bandana. I used mine on my hair. Others used theirs outlaw style to cover their nose and mouth. Let's just say it was disconcerting to blow my nose later and have it come out teal. :lmao:

But it was a fun event.

oh yes! i wore a white hat and tucked my hair up into the hat. i also changed my shirt and pulled some knit capris over my shorts before driving home.

and i was blowing out colors later that day too! ha!

back to the BASH: i know i've read that some of the food carts are open. are most of them open? any restaurants? i have this weird habit of always drinking a lowfat chocolate milk after i run. i'd love to be able to get one.

back to the BASH: i know i've read that some of the food carts are open. are most of them open? any restaurants? i have this weird habit of always drinking a lowfat chocolate milk after i run. i'd love to be able to get one.

I saw plenty of carts - mostly beer and mixed drinks, but I'm sure some were ice cream and soft drinks/Powerade/water/etc.. Backlot Express was open, as were the CS stands across from TOT/RnR and I think ABC Commissary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ummm...

The men's Boston Marathon winner just finished in 2:10:23. I'll be happy to finish the TOT in about that. :faint:

LOL it's not weird! Chocolate milk, low fat or otherwise is a perfect recovery drink - I know body builders that do it and I love it :cool1:

LOL it's not weird! Chocolate milk, low fat or otherwise is a perfect recovery drink - I know body builders that do it and I love it :cool1:

it's always been my little "reward." i did see an ad that had a runner who did the same. i realized that maybe i wasn't so weird. lol!

if Backlot Express is open, they show Nestle chocolate milk on their menu. CS tends to have them. with a cart, it might be harder to find it. if i can't have it, i'll live. but it sure would be nice to find some!

it's always been my little "reward." i did see an ad that had a runner who did the same. i realized that maybe i wasn't so weird. lol!

if Backlot Express is open, they show Nestle chocolate milk on their menu. CS tends to have them. with a cart, it might be harder to find it. if i can't have it, i'll live. but it sure would be nice to find some!

You can always pack some in your checked bag, too! That's what I did for Princess, packed a shelf-stable single serve box. Maybe in a little cooler to keep it chilled? (I didn't need to do that at Princess, but early Oct. is another story...)

I would bring the choc milk with me. I have a feeling that quik might taste like chocolate milk but probably isn't quite the same. :). Just get a little cooler bag in your gear bag to check?

And now I have a list started of "things hubby and son can be sure to bring for me". :)

i'm hoping not to check a bag. i just figured i'd send things with my family instead. i don't know that i can handle lukewarm milk though. i like my cold things COLD. :)

i'm hoping not to check a bag. i just figured i'd send things with my family instead. i don't know that i can handle lukewarm milk though. i like my cold things COLD. :)

We have an Igloo brand cooler backpack called the MaxCold. Bought it at Target for about $20. Put some frozen waters in there, put in the chocolate milk, and while I've never done that exact combo I bet it would still be nice and cold.

We have an Igloo brand cooler backpack called the MaxCold. Bought it at Target for about $20. Put some frozen waters in there, put in the chocolate milk, and while I've never done that exact combo I bet it would still be nice and cold.

i will try this!

Thanks! That gives a good idea of where AP rates may be headed.

You probably know this, and maybe it was mentioned in the thread, but wanted to mention that it was booked as a package, just without tickets or dining. Because we didn't order tickets, the CM said she was putting in a round of minigolf for each of us; maybe that's the way they create the "package"? She said if we called later and added tickets, the minigolf would be taken off.

So it was $200 down with the rest to pay 45 days out. It'll be our first package; we've only used our DVC points or done room-only reservations so far. A new experience.

Well, I broke down and registered for something outside my comfort zone. A color run! Why is it that the 10miler seems less threatening to me. :rolleyes: It won't be until July, so I have some time to get use to the idea.

BTW, Bumbershoot it is in Tacoma :goodvibes

Well, I broke down and registered for something outside my comfort zone. A color run! Why is it that the 10miler seems less threatening to me. :rolleyes: It won't be until July, so I have some time to get use to the idea.

Yeah!!!
I know that you like to get good times. Just remember, from what I hear, this is more of a fun walk. My first one is May 11.

Yeah!!!
I know that you like to get good times. Just remember, from what I hear, this is more of a fun walk. My first one is May 11.

:rotfl: I know... I am strange. I am fine running a race alone... but this getting color spit at me freaks me out a tad. I am urging my dh to sign up so I wont be alone... and yes... I am prepared to crawl if I have to just to survive. ;) Besides... I am not even certain it is timed.

:rotfl: I know... I am strange. I am fine running a race alone... but this getting color spit at me freaks me out a tad. I am urging my dh to sign up so I wont be alone... and yes... I am prepared to crawl if I have to just to survive. ;) Besides... I am not even certain it is timed.

I don't think it's timed. There are 5 of us going. We are the Rainbow Rally Gals from Pa. We plan on strolling. Maybe twirling. I want to come out colorful!

I don't think it's timed. There are 5 of us going. We are the Rainbow Rally Gals from Pa. We plan on strolling. Maybe twirling. I want to come out colorful!

:rotfl2: I may fall down if I do that... you may have the "never to old" screen name... but seriously... I may be the one that is too old for this. :rotfl: but I am going to try and be brave.;)

Color Me Rad (similar) was not timed. most people were walking. and it was a lot of fun! just enjoy it!

:)

I had seen that the other day, but it seems like it's *powdered* color being blown at you? Or is it splattered paint? The powder would scare me, since my lungs are touchy.

I also looked at the electric run in Puyallup; while looking at the site I was thinking "hmm", and then in the FAQs it actually addresses the questions about "hmm, is this a rave?" :) OK it doesn't say it just like that, but in my imagination it did.

:)

I had seen that the other day, but it seems like it's *powdered* color being blown at you? Or is it splattered paint? The powder would scare me, since my lungs are touchy.

I also looked at the electric run in Puyallup; while looking at the site I was thinking "hmm", and then in the FAQs it actually addresses the questions about "hmm, is this a rave?" :) OK it doesn't say it just like that, but in my imagination it did.

::yes:: yup...it is the cornstarch stuff... and I too worry bout my lungs a bit.

AND... :rotfl2: I saw the electric run in puyallup too and was all excited and then thought :scratchin is it a rave?

The very first 10k I ran has its annual race the very next day. I figure it would be better for me to go to that rather than stay up late doing?? Of course, they do say it is kid friendly....:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter