Official 2013 MVMCP Information

It's still showing a Wednesday for me!

But I loaded the link into a different browser (Chrome) and it does show a Sunday! Whew... was starting to second guess my own calendar. I was worried I planned our whole trip off a November calendar for the wrong year! :)

I know the party starts at 7pm, but does anyone know what time it closes? Also, is Fantasyland open during the party?

I know the party starts at 7pm,

You can enter MK as early as 4pm with just your party ticket.

but does anyone know what time it closes?

12 midnight

Also, is Fantasyland open during the party?

Yes, although BOG might not be open during the party (you probably wouldm't want to do a TS meal during the party, anyway).

Ok I got my tickets months ago. We did opt for the Friday night one as it's our last night there and our flight isn't until noon so we figured no parks in AM so we can sleep later anyway. Hope I don't regret the crowds but then again it's Disney and that is what happens.

Anyway, my friend insisted we do this. Can anyone explain without totally blowing secrets if there is any, why these parties are a bigger deal than the regular Christmas Season in the parks?
Besides people wearing Christmas Mickey hats and there being cookies and hot cocoa is there something else special?

Not being a kill joy just wondering if I need to be ready for something extra fun. I'm pretty excited about just being at the resorts so all this other stuff is extra special. Just wondering!

Thanks for helping the Rookie to the parties know a little more about them.

I've been to one MVMCP before and I can't wait to go back.

There are differents characters that you can meet during the party.
The parades are different and they have a holiday version of Wishes.

I loved the athmosphere that is much more festive during the party.
Hope this helps.

I have a friend in the military can they purchase just me and my family the miltary price tickets and not them self since they live by disney world?

Yay for IrishLisa.

I have to admit that when mine came I was a little disappointed that Disney didn't have Christmas Mickey on them. :upsidedow

But still exciting to see.

Yay for IrishLisa.

I have to admit that when mine came I was a little disappointed that Disney didn't have Christmas Mickey on them. :upsidedow

But still exciting to see.

Ugh, me too. It's always exciting to get these things in the mail but a Christmas Mickey would have made it that much better ;)

Wow! So we could book an early dinner and then stay for the party? That would be great bc we don't arrive until that day and hate not to be there at opening and pay regular ticket prices.

So excited to go so cant wait for 180 day mark :)

No, you can book a early dinner and either purchase Mvmcp tickets or leave after dinner. The nights that are designated for MVMCP, people with park passes have to leave by a certain time and admittance to the park is only for those holding Mvmcp tickets.

No, you can book a early dinner and either purchase Mvmcp tickets or leave after dinner. The nights that are designated for MVMCP, people with park passes have to leave by a certain time and admittance to the park is only for those holding Mvmcp tickets.

I believe we did do a late ADR one of the nights of MVMCP but it's not the night we have tickets. We figured we could enjoy dinner after an afternoon in the park and then head over to BW or DTD or now that we are at CSR even enjoy something going on over there. Actually when we originally planned this we were at FQ so I was planning some time in the Jazz Lounge. So who knows what we'll do at this point. I love being able to be flexible and in the moment.

With Park hopper passes it makes it so much easier and more flexible than worrying about which park ticket for that day. I love being able to do more than one park in a day. Then again it's just hubby and I so it's easier as we don't have to transition kids around. Oh ya that's right, I think there is extra magic hours in HS that night.:thumbsup2 well according to my research of when that usually happens.

It didn't take me long to figure out using the initials of places. :p I know sometimes when some of you use them I have to stop and think and sometimes research where you are talking about. :upsidedow

I still have to question some of the abbreviations::yes:: lol. Agree we like park hoppers and just going with the flow and we travel with kids, but that's how we do it.

Seems as in any case, some may have pulled off having dinner and roaming the park on MVMCP nights, but your suppose to have tickets.

I still have to question some of the abbreviations::yes:: lol. Agree we like park hoppers and just going with the flow and we travel with kids, but that's how we do it.

Seems as in any case, some may have pulled off having dinner and roaming the park on MVMCP nights, but your suppose to have tickets.

Well I can't speak for others, but for us the reservation is before 7pm which is the MVMCP official start time, so although we will be out of dinner later than 7pm, I had no plans to beat the system and do plan to leave when I'm done eating. Now will I be walking down Main st. to leave and maybe see some activity? Of course, but I don't plan to try to sneak on rides or hang out. I respect that people paid extra to be there and that I will have my turn on my paid for ticket night. :) My decision was more over the crowds going to the bus and using valuable time as efficiently as I can. And from what I understand the CMs (Cast members) do watch to make sure people have wrist bands. I imagine more strictly than EMHs(extra magic hours) cause when I was there some years ago, my son and I stayed in the parks since we were resort guests but never did find anyone to get our EMHs wrist bands from. and no one asked us about it. I would hope with MVMCP they do watch better.

I'm so happy to hear your kids can go with the flow with you. It's nice to have a happy family unit enjoying the vacation. My son has special needs so going with the flow isn't easy for him. Life has to be more planned. Love him but it will be nice to get the chance to do things different for a week.:love:

Some laugh when they see my spreadsheet. Especially when time slots have more than one park location listed for a specific time. For me it's more a reference to options so I don't miss anything. :goodvibes

Ok off to go shopping. I made a list of things to pack from referencing another thread, so I think I'm going to go pick up a few things that I can get into my suitcase for future use. LOL Nothing wrong with packing what you don't need now. :hyper:

Go figure...we will be there Nov 23-30 for our first ever holiday season trip and we will miss this completely. Sad :(

We decided to stay through Monday 12/2... so we can go to MVMCP on Sunday 12/1.... and the airfare on Monday will be a lot cheaper than when everyone travels home on Sunday after the Thanksgiving weekend.

I remember 4pm but we will already be in MK before 4pm with regular park tickets... Would like to get our wristbands as early as possible because we have a 4pm ADR at Crystal Palace and don't want to have to backtrack to the main gate when we are done dinner. Also, I thought I read somewhere there are other places to get the MVMCP wristbands inside the park? Thanks!

Well I can't speak for others, but for us the reservation is before 7pm which is the MVMCP official start time, so although we will be out of dinner later than 7pm, I had no plans to beat the system and do plan to leave when I'm done eating. Now will I be walking down Main st. to leave and maybe see some activity? Of course, but I don't plan to try to sneak on rides or hang out. I respect that people paid extra to be there and that I will have my turn on my paid for ticket night. :) My decision was more over the crowds going to the bus and using valuable time as efficiently as I can. And from what I understand the CMs (Cast members) do watch to make sure people have wrist bands. I imagine more strictly than EMHs(extra magic hours) cause when I was there some years ago, my son and I stayed in the parks since we were resort guests but never did find anyone to get our EMHs wrist bands from. and no one asked us about it. I would hope with MVMCP they do watch better.

I'm so happy to hear your kids can go with the flow with you. It's nice to have a happy family unit enjoying the vacation. My son has special needs so going with the flow isn't easy for him. Life has to be more planned. Love him but it will be nice to get the chance to do things different for a week.:love:

Some laugh when they see my spreadsheet. Especially when time slots have more than one park location listed for a specific time. For me it's more a reference to options so I don't miss anything. :goodvibes

Ok off to go shopping. I made a list of things to pack from referencing another thread, so I think I'm going to go pick up a few things that I can get into my suitcase for future use. LOL Nothing wrong with packing what you don't need now. :hyper:

Well your in the majority, if you have spreadsheets:cool1: whereas I'm in the minority:confused3.
Of course, there is nothing like thinking ahead, happy shopping:).

We decided to stay through Monday 12/2... so we can go to MVMCP on Sunday 12/1.... and the airfare on Monday will be a lot cheaper than when everyone travels home on Sunday after the Thanksgiving weekend.

Any excuse for a extra day at Disney::yes::

I remember 4pm but we will already be in MK before 4pm with regular park tickets... Would like to get our wristbands as early as possible because we have a 4pm ADR at Crystal Palace and don't want to have to backtrack to the main gate when we are done dinner. Also, I thought I read somewhere there are other places to get the MVMCP wristbands inside the park? Thanks!

I'm sure there is, it's been a while for me but I'm sure someone can answer here.

4pm is the earliest you can get them. If you are in the park already, go can get them at the Stitch FP machine area or at Tortuga Tavern, at least those were the locations last year.

Anyone have a recommended "strategy" for MVMCP? I know you're supposed to watch the 2nd parade instead of first because it's less crowded, and to get in line early if there are certain characters you'd like to meet. Anything else? Are there certain times or locations to get cookies/cocoa to avoid long lines?

Anyone have a recommended "strategy" for MVMCP? I know you're supposed to watch the 2nd parade instead of first because it's less crowded, and to get in line early if there are certain characters you'd like to meet. Anything else? Are there certain times or locations to get cookies/cocoa to avoid long lines?

Our 1st party was awful trying to get cookies and coco...
We will wait until later in the evening and not get in tomorrow land..

Other than that, I would like to know any advice too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter