Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

I joined the DDD group on fb and there is a post there talking about DDD possibly selling out on or before tomorrow! Who knows if that will actually happen, but if you are thinking about doing DDD, I'd sign up today if I were you. They have gotten a lot of registrations at the Expos. Apparently even the Disneyland half, on its own, has more registrations so far this year as compared to last year at the same time.

:hourglass

I joined the DDD group on fb and there is a post there talking about DDD possibly selling out on or before tomorrow! Who knows if that will actually happen, but if you are thinking about doing DDD, I'd sign up today if I were you. They have gotten a lot of registrations at the Expos. Apparently even the Disneyland half, on its own, has more registrations so far this year as compared to last year at the same time.

:hourglass

I was worried about this with the 10k. It's why I signed up before registration officially opens (AP)!

Maybe I'm missing something, but as long as you have the right link to register early at Active.com (provided earlier in the thread), it doesn't seem like Disney Visa or anything else is required. I clicked the link and registered and didn't get any complaints. At least I'm registered :thumbsup2

Can't beat 7 medals for 4 races!

I'm registered for the DDD, just have to be able to afford to fly out there and go to the parks.
We'll see.

I'm registered for the DDD, just have to be able to afford to fly out there and go to the parks.
We'll see.

Yay!! We're in the same boat. I've got some credit on AA, and SW usually has sales.
Hope to see you there! (I think I got to say hi to you at some point during this past WDW marathon weekend.)

Yay!! We're in the same boat. I've got some credit on AA, and SW usually has sales.
Hope to see you there! (I think I got to say hi to you at some point during this past WDW marathon weekend.)

Yes, I think we did get to chat/say hi on the course! ;)

Is there any sort of discount - like Disney Visa - for the half? I know we used a code of some sort for the WDW half.

Okay--opinions please...price not being a factor at all...DLH standard room or PPH concierge???

DP and I just signed up for DDD! We did the Princess 1/2 and DL 1/2 last year for C2C, and the plan is to do it again this year! I'm excited to try this not-as-Goofy combo. :) 4 medals in one wknd is awesome!

My brother lives in LA and is considering training up to a 10K to run that with us. When do you think the 10K (not DDD) will sell out? I was worried that it could be as early as tomorrow. (That's why I made sure to register before the early-reg. ended!)

It looks like the 5K immediately precedes the 10K. Do you think it would be possible to brisk-walk the 5K with family (starts at 5:30) and be ready to run the 10K with a 6:15 start? I'm assuming that one will sell out much later (based on WDW races) than either the 10K or the half.

Okay--opinions please...price not being a factor at all...DLH standard room or PPH concierge???

We've stayed at the DLH - premium view standard room and LOVED it. Staying there this year too. Have stayed at GC and PPH standard room too. Never concierge though. What do you get for that? Snacks, food, drinks?

I just registered! :cool1: Super excited. I am a WDW vet and clueless when it comes to DL. Where will I stay?...how much park time will I need? So much planning and research to do. Any advice from the pros?

< sucker..

After saying I wasn't going to go to Disneyland this year.. They HAD to throw Dumbo into the mix..

So registered for DDD today-

-em

DP and I just signed up for DDD! We did the Princess 1/2 and DL 1/2 last year for C2C, and the plan is to do it again this year! I'm excited to try this not-as-Goofy combo. :) 4 medals in one wknd is awesome!

My brother lives in LA and is considering training up to a 10K to run that with us. When do you think the 10K (not DDD) will sell out? I was worried that it could be as early as tomorrow. (That's why I made sure to register before the early-reg. ended!)

It looks like the 5K immediately precedes the 10K. Do you think it would be possible to brisk-walk the 5K with family (starts at 5:30) and be ready to run the 10K with a 6:15 start? I'm assuming that one will sell out much later (based on WDW races) than either the 10K or the half.
I think the 10K will sell out tomorrow. I heard DDD is capped at 4 thousand. There will be people who cant do DDD but still want to do both and it is the inaugural year so that will bring in more people.

I just registered! :cool1: Super excited. I am a WDW vet and clueless when it comes to DL. Where will I stay?...how much park time will I need? So much planning and research to do. Any advice from the pros?

Look at the Good Neighbor hotels. Many are as close or closer than the Disney hotels. I say three days in the parks is good to see most things. Don't skip rides that are in WDW though. Many are different in DL or have different queues, etc.

I'm the same! (A WDW vet and clueless about DL!) I have found reading last years Disneyland Half thread very helpful!

... Don't skip rides that are in WDW though. Many are different in DL or have different queues, etc.

Oooh, good point. I was thinking I could skip them, but I don't want to miss anything. However I may have to. I'll only be there Friday-Monday and of course the races will take up time. I'm going to have to do all my park touring on Saturday and Sunday after the races.

sissy_ib said:
I think the 10K will sell out tomorrow. I heard DDD is capped at 4 thousand. There will be people who cant do DDD but still want to do both and it is the inaugural year so that will bring in more people.

Look at the Good Neighbor hotels. Many are as close or closer than the Disney hotels. I say three days in the parks is good to see most things. Don't skip rides that are in WDW though. Many are different in DL or have different queues, etc.

Definitely don't assume rides are the same. Many are not only different but better (in my opinion) longer, etc.

A good resource is the Disneyland forum on the DIS. loads of info there. Happy planning to all!

With one hour and 53 minutes left in the early registration period, I am in. Damn you Disney. Just home from getting my coast to coast at the Tink so I was going to skip the DLand half weekend, but I guess not. hahaha

And welcome to all those first time DL visitors. Just spent a week at WDW for marathon weekend and I totally agree that you need to ride and compare. It's actually kinda fun to do. WDW Tower of Terror....Love it. WDW It's a Small World...Nope. Fantasmic is a constant source of arguement between my friends as to which version is better (Disneyland!!!).

happy and healthy training!!!

Signed up for DDD! I'm terrified and excited all at the same time. But I loved doing both the 5K and the 1/2 last year so I'm hoping this ends up being a good idea, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter