Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is putting together such cute outfits I feel like a bum not figuring out something

don't feel too bad. i'm wearing black capri pants and a WISH shirt. i'm boring. i just can't bring myself to wear a skirt while running. maybe next year...

i can't wait until next week to check out all the costumes. it's definitely a good distraction during the boring parts of the race :)

So excited that next week we will all be on the course......hopefully it is a dry day!

Amen! I can handle cold OR hotter than I want- but please don't let it be wet. I fear wet socks and shoes plus I'm a clutz and can see me wiping out in the rain EPICALLY

i can't wait until next week to check out all the costumes. it's definitely a good distraction during the boring parts of the race :)

I LOVE the runners with sayings on their shirts. Helps pass the time reading about the reasons they run, or the achievements they want to brag about! Especially the weight loss ones. LOVE those!

So exciting to be out there in one week! My cousin is just about to start her very first half marathon in Austin this morning and I'm sooooo excited for her! I was supposed to be there, but had to cancel the weekend trip when the car trouble and fridge repairs cropped up...figured I didn't need to be spending the extra $$ on a weekend road trip. She has plenty of course support today though, or else I would have considered just making the drive out to Austin for the day! I'm about to head out for the last long-ish run...6 miles. It's a brisk 37 degrees here this morning! I'm off tomorrow for Presidents Day so hope to get the packing started with the extra free time. I think (hope) I got all the little things I needed yesterday, so hopefully no last minute Target trips :)

Y'all, I am SUCH a klutz! I was dressing for my run today, had some time to kill before BF gets back from church so we can head out, so I decided to lay out our race outfits and snap some pics. I have kind of a high bed and I'm really short, so I grabbed the little 2-step ladder from the closet so I could get a good pic...snapped a few and proceeded to FALL OFF the flipping step trying to step off! I fell backwards, towards the doorway into my bathroom, landed IN the suitcase that's sitting on the floor, waiting to be packed, hit my foot on one of the wheels and stopped myself by running into the wall that the suitcase is sitting up against. Good grief! After a quick 'systems check' nothing's really hurt, but I think I may have tensed myself up and hit the wall in the wrong spot because now my mid-left back is really sore. I think I might be better off skipping the run today...it was just a 6 miler, but....I feel like such a moron!

Y'all, I am SUCH a klutz! I was dressing for my run today, had some time to kill before BF gets back from church so we can head out, so I decided to lay out our race outfits and snap some pics. I have kind of a high bed and I'm really short, so I grabbed the little 2-step ladder from the closet so I could get a good pic...snapped a few and proceeded to FALL OFF the flipping step trying to step off! I fell backwards, towards the doorway into my bathroom, landed IN the suitcase that's sitting on the floor, waiting to be packed, hit my foot on one of the wheels and stopped myself by running into the wall that the suitcase is sitting up against. Good grief! After a quick 'systems check' nothing's really hurt, but I think I may have tensed myself up and hit the wall in the wrong spot because now my mid-left back is really sore. I think I might be better off skipping the run today...it was just a 6 miler, but....I feel like such a moron!

OMG...be careful and sending pixie dust & prayers your way ! I would definitely take the day off & rest with some ice packs and ibuprofen ....and maybe later an adult beverage or two ! :rotfl2:

I figure this time next week I'll be having that Mimosa at race retreat and hoping I don't need a motorized scooter to get around the parks ! :rolleyes1

well, the mental picture of what just happened was good for a chuckle but BE CAREFUL! i'd say just relax and rest. we're so close now!

dumbo_buddy said:
well, the mental picture of what just happened was good for a chuckle but BE CAREFUL! i'd say just relax and rest. we're so close now!

I know right? I'm sure I looked pretty funny sitting in the suitcase, stunned :). I'm sitting with a heating pad for a bit right now. On the plus side, I should be able to post some cute pics later of our race outfits!

Gryhndmom said:
OMG...be careful and sending pixie dust & prayers your way ! I would definitely take the day off & rest with some ice packs and ibuprofen ....and maybe later an adult beverage or two ! :rotfl2:

I figure this time next week I'll be having that Mimosa at race retreat and hoping I don't need a motorized scooter to get around the parks ! :rolleyes1

Ooooooh, mimosas sound like an excellent idea...pretty sure I happen to have the necessary ingredients :)

Ouch! I would not run today either.

Um...So SEAN ASTIN TWEETED WITH ME! It was very short, but I asked if they would be making him start in Corral C with the other Disney Dudes. He thinks they probably will. I feel lucky to be in corral C for that reason and also to be able hang with the guys rocking all their costumes like HockeyDan (not sure I've remembered that name right)

Other much more boring, mundane news...Last long run done yesterday. Twelve on a treadmill!! :crazy2: Watched The Little Mermaid and Cinderella for motivation. princess: Nothing like being chased by the Sea Witch to get you moving.

I've been using Charity Miles for a few months now and I immediately thought of you when the Shot@Life option came up. I did my long run (11 miles) for them last weekend!
:thanks:

Thank you! It's great when folks use Charity Miles to walk their kids to school for 1/2 mile, but it's long distance runners like us who can rack up a lot of support super quick!

I need some advice. Yesterday I got sick with fever, coughing etc. I'm right now in bed feeling really sorry for my self.

Yesterday I was suppose to run my last fast run and tomorrow I'm suppose to run my last long run (7-8 miles)
Next week I'm suppose to do two short runs.
So should I squeeze in a long run next week when I feel better, or should I just forget about the two runs this weekend and stick to the plan? I have already done two longer runs the last two weekends (10 and 11 miles)
I'm just so nervous about loosing my form.

Taper, taper, taper! You've done all the work. You are ready. You'll very likely to harm yourself with running before you are well. If it makes you feel better, I caught a cold a week before my first full marathon. I stopped running completely and I was fine. I think I really do run faster when your body has had a nice taper and this is just the thing to force you to do it.

I keep telling DH I have to be really careful now because this is exactly the time when I don't want to have a silly accident. It almost happened when I slid off the back of the treadmill into a dollhouse (Who put that there!!???!!) Thank you for the reminder that we are all abundantly human! :upsidedow

How do you tell what corral you are in?? My hubby and I are registered as a team so we have a big number but I'm really curious what corral that puts us in, HELP ))

Oh no !!!!! Sending get well wishes !! Also try to ice the sore areas on and off and BECAREFUL.

How do you tell what corral you are in?? My hubby and I are registered as a team so we have a big number but I'm really curious what corral that puts us in, HELP ))

There's a separate numbering system for team entries:

Elite 30001 - 30006 < 1:30
A 30007 - 30355 < 2:15
B 30356 - 30700 < 2:30
C 30701 - 31212 < 2:45
D 31213 - 31791 < 2:50
E 31792 - 32380 < 3:00
F 32381 - 33036 3:00
G 33037 - 33603 < 3:25
H 33604 - 34300

Last year I was able to set up where my DH would get a text of where I am at the race. Can you do that again this year and how?

Thanks for your help!

Cripey said:

Oh my! I hope you are ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter