• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link! I am bib # 4441, eek! Submitted my time of 2:25. Not sure if I will anywhere close to that, between pictures and my sore foot. Can't wait!

I think the general hypothesis is the 30k numbers are team...did you register as a team? If so, don't worry, you'll still be placed according to your time. Previously all 20k bib #'s were teams...we're thinking the individual #'s went over 20k this year, so 30k's are the new team #'s.

Okay, well that makes sense. We did register as a sister team and then my friend decided to register later but we did not add her to our team. She is all freaked out that we wont be in the same corral.

So to make a long story short, I had a stress fracture in my tibia that I thought was shin splints (turns out I had that too). Went to the sports med doc, went to PT and it's doing well. My training has been going welll and I'm sore after long runs but not pain. But last night I did 12 miles and at mile 5 my ankle started to hurt. But I kept going because this was my last long run before I taper. The pain (not unbearable) lasted the whole remaining time and it's painful today. What would cause something this suddenly, something that I've never had before? My shoes (Brooks Pure Flow) are not ready to be replaced by any means but also not so new that I haven't run in them enough to know that they don't cause pain. I run on an indoor track every time and nothing has changed. I'm so frustrated! why would this just pop up?

This is going to sound weird but I think my feet are different. My right foot rubs against any arch (I'm in neutral shoes because stability cause all sorts of issues) but I think that the left foot might need more. Strange?:confused3

My feet are definitely different. I'm actually using two different arch supports in my shoes - one with a metatarsal pad for my left foot, and one with just arch support for my right. It's not the greatest solution ever, but it's working well enough for now. (My left knee hurts wearing the ones for the right foot, and my right foot hurts wearing the ones from the left!) At some point I might try to find shoes that work for both feet, but it's too close to the race for me to want to mess with it now. (And I've had a terrible time in the past with the shoe hunt!)

I hope the pain was just a random thing and it feels better quickly!

Okay, well that makes sense. We did register as a sister team and then my friend decided to register later but we did not add her to our team. She is all freaked out that we wont be in the same corral.

If for some reason you don't end up in the same corral, the faster of the two corrals is allowed to move back to the slower corral on race morning if you want to!

You can be in the same corral no matter what you're assigned. You can't move up a corral, but you can move back. So you can all start in whatever the last corral is that one of you is assigned to.

If the numbers roughly correlate to last year, then my assignment isn't too bad (D/E). I think they may have assigned based off my friend's time so I lucked out even though I didn't have one. I'm still going to run the 10-K on the 17th though just in case the corral placement ends up being horrible.

Princess Morgan, you asked about the race. I know nothing about it other than that it is the only 10K being run anywhere around here before the PHM. Lol. I signed up only to get myself out of the last corral if that's where I ended up being assigned. It's in Alexandria but not the scenic part. Based on the map, it looks like you run out Eisenhower Avenue and back, which is more industrial. If you decide to sign up, let me know. My friend and I will say hi! And you can feel free to run with us if you're similarly paced (we go around a 13 minute per mile and walk from time to time when we feel like we need to).

# 6660 here, good thing I am dressing as a Wicked Stepsister with that one!

#6716 here, and hubby is 14081. So excited. Now, coral guesses?

I am thinking C....men start in C or did last year - no men in A or B.

Honestly who knows right now about corrals. The race appears to be so much bigger too.

Mine is 10020. I could run hard at the local 10K this weekend, and I'd probably move up one corral. I don't think it's worth the risk of injury so close to the PHM, especially since I've been sick.

with a bib # 11914 (self reported a time of 2:54) i figure the best I could do also would be to move up one corral and decided like you that it just isn't worth it at this point since I would be sure to get a bad cold again or heaven forbid trip over my feet during the race !:rotfl2: Looks like based on last year's corral numbers DH and I will be in "E" fitting I think since our last name begins with an "E".;)

Princess Morgan, you asked about the race. I know nothing about it other than that it is the only 10K being run anywhere around here before the PHM. Lol. I signed up only to get myself out of the last corral if that's where I ended up being assigned. It's in Alexandria but not the scenic part. Based on the map, it looks like you run out Eisenhower Avenue and back, which is more industrial. If you decide to sign up, let me know. My friend and I will say hi! And you can feel free to run with us if you're similarly paced (we go around a 13 minute per mile and walk from time to time when we feel like we need to).

Thanks! I'm waiting for corral placements to come out, so I know if it's worth it. I may be in D or E depending on the numbers. Since I'm running with DH, the highest we could be is C, so I don't know if it's worth the risk of getting injured or freezing to death, lol.

Did anyone get a cool number? Like the Jean Val Jean number #24601? Or the Enterprise number #1701? Or the Mickey number #1928? I've always wanted something like that.

I saw our stepsister had 6660...that's pretty cool :)

I think I'm in the same boat. #6793. I had a better bid number for the marathon. Last year I submitted the same 10K time and was #3400 and was in corral B. Not sure which would be better, my 2:29 half PR or 10K 1:09 from 2011. Guess I'll bring both.

I submitted a 2:26 half time and I'm #5606 (C if corals are the same last year) so maybe try your 10k time?

Bib #518 but I will be moving back to run with my friends. I don't know their birth years so I don't know where we will be yet.

Did anyone get a cool number? Like the Jean Val Jean number #24601? Or the Enterprise number #1701? Or the Mickey number #1928? I've always wanted something like that.

I saw our stepsister had 6660...that's pretty cool :)

Well, number for the full marathon on Jan. was 5000. I thought that was cool.

And about the thread on fire...that happens when bib numbers come out..just makes it so real

I'm number 1007! Hoping it's Corral A. I forget what number I was when I ran the Donald Half in 2010.

Okay completely off topic but considering how many people here are costume wearers I am hoping someone may be able to point me in a hopeful direction. I am looking to get a Star Trek costume but as I have discovered apparently no one has informed the costume makers yet that not all female Trekkies fit a size medium or smaller. Anyone know where I can possibly find a red or blue dress that can be modified into a costume? I would love you!

Okay completely off topic but considering how many people here are costume wearers I am hoping someone may be able to point me in a hopeful direction. I am looking to get a Star Trek costume but as I have discovered apparently no one has informed the costume makers yet that not all female Trekkies fit a size medium or smaller. Anyone know where I can possibly find a red or blue dress that can be modified into a costume? I would love you!

Can you post a pix of what you are looking for? I am not a Star Trek person so i would need a photo to even try and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter