• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was some problem at POR - or all their busses were stuck in traffic. There was a lady out there telling us they had called in other busses and they would be here soon, etc. There were tons of us staying there and you'd think Disney could have coordinated the transportation better. Lesson learned. If I had been there 30 minutes earlier at 3 I might have gotten on an early bus and avoided that wait.

Also just saw a note on the marathon foot site that they are still adding photos from the event. Just in case someone else had the same question...

Frankly I don't care where the men start. Couldn't they just have a fast mens start with a separate finish line for the fast dudes? Around the gospel choir they could push the men one way so the girl winner could still come across the main finish line? Mentally it is tough on me when I know those guys started way in back of me and pass me. In my mind I am thinking when is the first fast guy going to pass me. The first I remember this year was around the ComtemoraryResort, could have been sooner, that's just the first I remember.

JCH said:
Very easily. You put your estimated time, and then there is a box to write the proof. My 10k is 1:26, and my half PR is 3:06..I am usually in E/F depending on the size of the race.

Should I decide I wanted to be in A, I could easily just "make a typo" and put "2012 Miami Halloween Half Marathon: 2:06" in the box. If they didn't check, magically I would be in A.

I don't see any reason to do this, though. I would be trampled in A. I admit, I do put 2:59 assuming 3:00 is a corral cut off, but I still keep pace with the 2:50-3:00 corral just fine.

Wow really? I was under the impression you had to email them with actual race results from a chipped 10K or longer. I'm shocked you can just enter a fast time and race and no one checks! That's rotten!

princessallegra said:
Wow really? I was under the impression you had to email them with actual race results from a chipped 10K or longer. I'm shocked you can just enter a fast time and race and no one checks! That's rotten!

I also emailed them an official 10k time, I thought that is what we were supposed to do.

I also emailed them an official 10k time, I thought that is what we were supposed to do.

That's what you have to do if you update the time later, but at the point of registration, you just type it in. No need to email it. I know of at least 1 person who did this.

Gotta say I am sooo disappointed with the Marathonfoto pics. Nothing of me crossing the finish line at all. I even high-fived Donald. For me, it looks like they focused on 2 areas of the race. What a disapointment. :sad:

Gotta say I am sooo disappointed with the Marathonfoto pics. Nothing of me crossing the finish line at all. I even high-fived Donald. For me, it looks like they focused on 2 areas of the race. What a disapointment. :sad:

Are they all done assigning photos now? I hoped to see some castle photos. I just thought maybe they weren't finished yet.

For those that stopped to take a photo with the Villains have any of them shown up for you guys?

Tracerr00 said:
Are they all done assigning photos now? I hoped to see some castle photos. I just thought maybe they weren't finished yet.

I figured they were because the little tab saying they were still identifying pics is gone.

JCH said:
That's what you have to do if you update the time later, but at the point of registration, you just type it in. No need to email it. I know of at least 1 person who did this.

Awful!

tinkeramy said:
I really, REALLY don't think this is a runners vs. walkers thing. It's mainly logistics. The field is too big and the course is too tight. Even if someone lied about their time to get in A, if they are much slower than they will be naturally shaken out soon after the run starts.

That being said, it WOULD benefit Dis greatly to at least spot check the submitted times. For those who don't know, I'm pretty sure that runDisney does NOT check all those submitted times. I like the previous poster's idea about at least spot checking and those who gave an invalid race / time get automatically moved to H. So,yes, you are basically counting on people's honesty.

However, all that being said, I think it would still be a minimal impact if the course supported the field. I'm a hybrid - I am a slightly faster runner - between a 10:00 and 10:30 pace - but I also do run/ walk, usually run half a mile and walk 1 minute. I've earned a Corral B placement each of the 3 years I've done this and started in C the last 2 years with friends. This is the first year I have seen such bottlenecking.

My inexperienced opinion is that this race needs to be capped at 20,000, or many, many more corrals added. I've run the Peachtree Road Race 10K the last couple of years (60K runners) and they have corrals A-Y! It's crowded, but not to the point where you just can't get around. They also run along a course that provides 4-5 lanes of road.

Finally - where are the princesses?!?! I mean, this is the PRINCESS half marathon. Why aren't all the princess characters out in full force? In the MK we saw Belle and then Cinderella, about to be switched out with Aurora. At the very least, they could do what they do with the heroes - a bundle of princesses all at one stop. Just kind of a pet peeve for someone who does this for fun and pictures (and does NOT lie to get into B corral! :thumbsup2)

I totally agree with this!!! I was so disappointed with the lack of the number of princesses out in the course. I was expecting so many more!

I also think they need more corrals to help spread out the field.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

sunnygal041 said:

Me too! They had like 20 photographers at the finish and not one was able to snap a pic of me??? Seriously?

I wasn't impressed with the ones at Tink either so I don't know why I'm surprised...

sorry about all the bad marathonfotos stuff.

Crazy but this is the best they have done for me. If you click on a photo like you are going to purchase it and it takes you to the next screen...look for some small orange writing next to packages to see video of castle and finish.

I totally agree with this!!! I was so disappointed with the lack of the number of princesses out in the course. I was expecting so many more!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I liked it when they had a princess at every mile marker along the road....like mile 6 or 7 through 9, plus the evil step mother and sisters at the Epcot turn around..no one there this year. They used to have 3 character stops back stage at the MK.

I figured they were because the little tab saying they were still identifying pics is gone.

Mine still says that they are identifying photos so I'm not sure why yours says the opposite.

MarathonFoto has been known to be slow so I wouldn't give up quiet yet.

I also noticed that the course seemed emptier compared to last year's in the miles I did complete. But I also thought it may have had something to do with the placing of where I was.

I got back from disney yesterday and wanted to check in/brag. I planned to run/walk for the first five miles then speed walk the rest. But quickly realized that my teammate and I had vastly different paces so we split from each other and said we would meet back at the hotel. She ran off and didn't stop to walk at all while I was on a 45 second walk/ 45 second run interval. Not only was my 5k split my fastest ever but so was my 10k! I was feeling good so I kept up with my intervals until mile seven when the humidity suddenly hit me. I still finished but miles eight, nine, and ten were crazy long. I latched on to someone to keep pace at mile ten and finished strong.:cool1:

joan4mickey said:
Just got an email from marathonfoto saying photos are ready.

One thing I know from experience that email being sent doesn't mean they are all up. I've done four races where they are the photographers. They tend to send out emails long before all the photos are up and sorted. Give them a few more days before making assumptions. Also make sure to check the partial bib matches under lost and found. I've found several photos that way before.

Just got an e-mail from Marathon Photo saying my pics were ready and then clicked on the link to discover picture of me solo at the official photo end was not there...photo of DH and I is there...makes no sense since my solo shot was before the two of us. Only other pics were at the finish and before entering the corrals. So happy I stopped for pics that they can't identify...really...have they not heard of facial recognition software and/or get a better software that can read the bib numbers ! I did go through some of the pages of unidentified photos and I believe even my greyhounds could read the bib numbers. ! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter