Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

I was able to get a room only reservation at Yacht Club with the discount - there were none left at BWV when I called, so thank you for the heads up! Our rundisney package had tickets also, but we are still saving.money cancelling that, going with the.military room only and then the AFS tickets. More money for food and wine!

Thanks again!

Hello and THANK YOU so much for the great news!

Just want to make sure i have one point clear. If the new tickets are available on Aug 25 and i have a SOG reservation for Oct. 11 then I should be able to make my FP+ at 30 days(sept. 11) out as usual? Do you think SOG will be able to keep up with sending out the emails for people to order tix at that time? I'm afraid they will be overwhelmed by people within their time frame when the tickets are released.

Also, will I be able to make 4 days FP at that time or will i have to do it one day at a time?

And just a side note...I called for Oct. military rate and was unable to get CR or BC but they did have YC available. I have decided that i will stay with SOG due to the $ difference.

Hello and THANK YOU so much for the great news!

Just want to make sure i have one point clear. If the new tickets are available on Aug 25 and i have a SOG reservation for Oct. 11 then I should be able to make my FP+ at 30 days(sept. 11) out as usual? Do you think SOG will be able to keep up with sending out the emails for people to order tix at that time? I'm afraid they will be overwhelmed by people within their time frame when the tickets are released.

Also, will I be able to make 4 days FP at that time or will i have to do it one day at a time?

And just a side note...I called for Oct. military rate and was unable to get CR or BC but they did have YC available. I have decided that i will stay with SOG due to the $ difference.

Yes on 25 Aug (if they have the tickets) Shades will send emails for those checking in 45 days out and email the ticket numbers after payment.

Shouldn't be much different for them as they only cover those staying there and that number is relatively constant.

The 30 day FP+ window is a rolling 30 day window. If you inked tickets today you will see the next 30 days available, tomorrow the next day will become available. So yes, you'll have to do it day by day.

Question! This may have been answered before but I'm not sure where to look. Hubby is a honorable medical discharge. He doesn't have a military ID but I do have his DD214. Do we need to try to get a military ID for tickets or would a DD214 be acceptable?

We have a trip planned for October 13th and my husband was going to buy our tickets today, but then he read the new tickets aren't available until the 25th. Are we just out of luck for the 60 day fastpass window? Or can we buy the current tickets and then upgrade them when we get to the park?

We have a trip planned for October 13th and my husband was going to buy our tickets today, but then he read the new tickets aren't available until the 25th. Are we just out of luck for the 60 day fastpass window? Or can we buy the current tickets and then upgrade them when we get to the park?

No you cannot do that. The current tickets will expire at the end of Sept and they cannot be extended into next year's promotion. They will be worth nothing by October.

Hi,

Last time we used the military salute tix, we had to go to guest services at our first theme park to activate the tix. I am assuming this still applies. My question is can I activate at disney quest? We have the water parks and more option and want to visit disney quest on our first day. If we cannot activate at disney quest, and activate at one of the four theme parks, do we have to enter that theme park that day? Thanks!

Gennie

Question! This may have been answered before but I'm not sure where to look. Hubby is a honorable medical discharge. He doesn't have a military ID but I do have his DD214. Do we need to try to get a military ID for tickets or would a DD214 be acceptable?

You are not eligible for these tickets, I'm sorry. It's active duty and retirees only, separated members are not able to use the discount.

Hi,

Last time we used the military salute tix, we had to go to guest services at our first theme park to activate the tix. I am assuming this still applies. My question is can I activate at disney quest? We have the water parks and more option and want to visit disney quest on our first day. If we cannot activate at disney quest, and activate at one of the four theme parks, do we have to enter that theme park that day? Thanks!

Gennie

You can activate your tickets at Downtown Disney Guest Services. You don't have to do it at one of the 4 major parks.

If you are planning to stay on property, you can purchase a regular 2 day park ticket (so you at least can plan 2 days of fp+ at that 60 day window). Then after you use the park ticket on the first day, you can go to any park ticket window and upgrade to the Salute ticket (with water parks and more). As long as the salute ticket costs more than the 2 day base ticket, you can do this upgrade. You will end up paying tax on the salute ticket this way, but you at least have the benefit of planning out 2 days of fp+.

We did this last fall, in 2013.

If you are planning to stay on property, you can purchase a regular 2 day park ticket (so you at least can plan 2 days of fp+ at that 60 day window). Then after you use the park ticket on the first day, you can go to any park ticket window and upgrade to the Salute ticket (with water parks and more). As long as the salute ticket costs more than the 2 day base ticket, you can do this upgrade. You will end up paying tax on the salute ticket this way, but you at least have the benefit of planning out 2 days of fp+.

We did this last fall, in 2013.

So glad to read this... I've heard mixed comments on this. Disney say it's not allowed but many have done it. Our fastpass+ day is Friday so I need to buy 2 day tickets soon.

Question in regards to the black out dates on the salute tickets. If we activate them a day or two before a black out starts can we still use them? TIA

I know I've seen it discussed remotely, but is Disney considering adding SOG to the list of resorts able to book FP+ 60 days in advance? TIA.

I know I've seen it discussed remotely, but is Disney considering adding SOG to the list of resorts able to book FP+ 60 days in advance? TIA.
i
I wish! I wish! I have no idea but I suspect not because they use a different reservation system. That is what I have heard but I'm still hopeful! If anyone has any other info I hope to hear it!

Ok I have read through the thread.. I just called my MWR office and they do not have the tickets yet for 2014-2015. Was the 24th date I read on the thread the date that all MWR offices should have them or only SOG? Our 60 days FP window opens up on the 11th of September...Also my MWR office does not sell the MVMCP tickets... Do yours? If so can I order from another MWR office and have them mailed or should I just buy them at Disney and hoping in the meantime they dont sell out for the only night we can go.. The military tickets for MVMCP will save me $100

Ok I have read through the thread.. I just called my MWR office and they do not have the tickets yet for 2014-2015. Was the 24th date I read on the thread the date that all MWR offices should have them or only SOG? Our 60 days FP window opens up on the 11th of September...Also my MWR office does not sell the MVMCP tickets... Do yours? If so can I order from another MWR office and have them mailed or should I just buy them at Disney and hoping in the meantime they dont sell out for the only night we can go.. The military tickets for MVMCP will save me $100

Hey there.

This year the Salute offer changeover has been even more frustrating that usual!

The 25th date is a date specified by Disney. I do not know if the MWR system had buy-in. Shades will have them on that day as will Disney.

I"ve been telling Disney since January that this would be an issue (trying to get an earlier release announcement and tickets as well).

Once they woke up (the week after the renewal announcement) Disney took action to get the tickets out the door. This did happen and now it is up to the military distribution system. DoD MWR uses a contractor to distribute the tickets to all the ITT/ITRs and from what I understand they are the holdup…

Camp Pendleton just started taking WDW salute ticket orders the other day with a 2-3 week delivery time. see: this post

Even more confusion to throw into the mix, now all base ticket offices have had to stop selling tickets for the current offer and return them to Disney for accounting. So if you want to go before this offer ends, you too are out of luck for your FP+ reservations too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter