Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but i figured i would give it a try!

Have people been successful at reserving onsite rooms at a late date? I normally book very early but for next July am planning to go back to my beloved Poly (IF they renew the military discount). I am thinking, however that if construction is still going on I will probably want to make a last minute switch (like maybe a month before) to CR or BC but am hoping i will be able to reserve a military rate at one of those hotels in a regular room (not club level). Any idea if this will be possible or impossible at that late a date?

Hi,

I often make shortish notice Disney Armed Forces Salute room reservations. I just give my agent a few resorts I'm interested in and always get something.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but i figured i would give it a try!

Have people been successful at reserving onsite rooms at a late date? I normally book very early but for next July am planning to go back to my beloved Poly (IF they renew the military discount). I am thinking, however that if construction is still going on I will probably want to make a last minute switch (like maybe a month before) to CR or BC but am hoping i will be able to reserve a military rate at one of those hotels in a regular room (not club level). Any idea if this will be possible or impossible at that late a date?

I just booked Grand Californian at DL for next month so I think it depends on crowds and how many different resorts who give the CM to try for a reservation. It can be done it will depend on crowds etc.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting a renewal announcement within the next few weeks?! :dance3:

MEEEEE!!! I just booked at the Contemporary and have fingers and toes crossed that it comes out soon, so I can get that discount!!! Otherwise, we'll likely have to do a split resort stay , which I'd rather not do!!

Anyone else anxiously awaiting a renewal announcement within the next few weeks?! :dance3:

Yes...very anxious! DH and I are headed to WDW 19 Oct and I know our 60 day window to book fp's is august soooo...would like announcement sooner than later so we can order tickets and book our attractions !:cool1:

I just wanted to clarify something regarding the armed forces salute tickets.

We will have 6 people in our party. Military member, spouse, 3 kids and a grandparent.

We want 8 days of park hopper tickets.

We plan to use the 6 salute tickets on the adults. So, we will each get two of the 4 day salute tickets to use back to back.

We will buy the kids 8 day park hoppers using a regular military discount.

Does this sound ok? We're not required to give each person a salute ticket, then add on another not very discounted 4 day (way more expensive).?

It's almost July!!! Hoping Disney announces soon!!!

Visited the Lackland AFB ticket office to get military salute tickets for Disneyland visit next week and asked about the military salute tickets renewal for October and after(DH and I will be at WDW in Oct). They felt fairly certain the military salute would be renewed but probably couldn't order tickets until September.

I just wanted to clarify something regarding the armed forces salute tickets.

We will have 6 people in our party. Military member, spouse, 3 kids and a grandparent.

We want 8 days of park hopper tickets.

We plan to use the 6 salute tickets on the adults. So, we will each get two of the 4 day salute tickets to use back to back.

We will buy the kids 8 day park hoppers using a regular military discount.

Does this sound ok? We're not required to give each person a salute ticket, then add on another not very discounted 4 day (way more expensive).?

It's almost July!!! Hoping Disney announces soon!!!

Hi there,

Yes the cheapest course of action is to use back to back Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets for the adults and 8-day Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets for the kids!

You can use the 6 AFS tickets any way you desire.

Hi there, Yes the cheapest course of action is to use back to back Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets for the adults and 8-day Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets for the kids! You can use the 6 AFS tickets any way you desire.

Thank you for clarifying, Steve !!! Thank you also for representing us to Disney and for keeping us posted!!!

Okay I am asking something that has probably been asked already because I have not read all the pages...but here goes. Regarding the Salute tickets... We want to buy 2 of the hoppers with water park and more THEN...4 of the regular hoppers. My husband and son will use the water park and more tickets and two of the hoppers. THEN I will use two 4 day park hoppers. This will give us 8 park days. THEN... we need to get an 8 day MYW discounted pass for our daughter.

How does this work with MDE??? I read on another thread that you can't add them all at once. So if I go in to MDE and want to add my husband's two tickets it won't let me. Meaning I can't add one of his tickets until he has used 1. Is this correct??? :confused3

Our other glitch is ....we are staying at SOG for two nights, then OKW for 5 adn then SOG for 2 nights. When I do enter tickets into MDE .....it will ONLY let me get FP+ times for the 5 days at OKW first then the other days at the 30 day mark. SO....I just think this is all going to be a MESS with the salute tickets this trip. Last year we bought AP's but the salute tickets are soooo much cheaper especially when we are not sure if we will even go next summer in order to get our money's worth out of an AP. Park of me thinks...maybe we should just get MYW or Stars and Stripes passes thru SOG and be done with it. :confused3

HELP PLEASE. LOL

Okay I am asking something that has probably been asked already because I have not read all the pages...but here goes. Regarding the Salute tickets... We want to buy 2 of the hoppers with water park and more THEN...4 of the regular hoppers. My husband and son will use the water park and more tickets and two of the hoppers. THEN I will use two 4 day park hoppers. This will give us 8 park days. THEN... we need to get an 8 day MYW discounted pass for our daughter.

How does this work with MDE??? I read on another thread that you can't add them all at once. So if I go in to MDE and want to add my husband's two tickets it won't let me. Meaning I can't add one of his tickets until he has used 1. Is this correct??? :confused3

Our other glitch is ....we are staying at SOG for two nights, then OKW for 5 adn then SOG for 2 nights. When I do enter tickets into MDE .....it will ONLY let me get FP+ times for the 5 days at OKW first then the other days at the 30 day mark. SO....I just think this is all going to be a MESS with the salute tickets this trip. Last year we bought AP's but the salute tickets are soooo much cheaper especially when we are not sure if we will even go next summer in order to get our money's worth out of an AP. Park of me thinks...maybe we should just get MYW or Stars and Stripes passes thru SOG and be done with it. :confused3

HELP PLEASE. LOL

Hi there,

Good plan on the tickets, exactly how I'd do it.

You should be able to link all tickets for everyone in MDE, if you are having issues call the Disney Internet Help Desk at 800-848-6413 and they will be able to fix it for you.

Exactly right with the FP+, you can make your reservations 60 days prior to your OKW arrival date for the number of nights you are there and then the Shades dates will be 30 days out.

Shades has their pre-pay service for MYW and S&S where they send the ticket numbers to 45 days prior to check in (for your 30 day FP+), but you have to check in to get the physical tickets.

Camp Pendleton will FedEx them to you: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...-military-discounted-disney-tickets-by-phone/

We are headed to WDW in November (hoping for that renewal soon too:) ) We are planning to buy seasonal Annual passes since we want to make another visit before the year would be up. However my Mom, Stepdad and Brother are coming on this trip also but don't need annual passes. Can we still get either of the tickets for them so they aren't paying full rate or will we need to go another route since we (the military member/spouse) don't need the tickets?

We are headed to WDW in November (hoping for that renewal soon too:) ) We are planning to buy seasonal Annual passes since we want to make another visit before the year would be up. However my Mom, Stepdad and Brother are coming on this trip also but don't need annual passes. Can we still get either of the tickets for them so they aren't paying full rate or will we need to go another route since we (the military member/spouse) don't need the tickets?

Yes, should there be a renewal you'll be able to get up to 5 tickets for anyone you'd like (based on current policy).

Thanks Steve! I read the rules but just didn't seem to have it "click" for me! Good to know!

Planning a Feb 2015 trip and while it's not dependent on a renewal of the military deal, it would certainly help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter