Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

This has quite possible been asked and answered, but I'm asking for a friend...if her husband was medically retired from the military, are they eligible for the military discounts? Thanks!

This has quite possible been asked and answered, but I'm asking for a friend...if her husband was medically retired from the military, are they eligible for the military discounts? Thanks!

Yes, this is how we got our last year. As long as he has a military ID (if he was properly medically retired, he should) he can purchase the tickets on post and then activate them at the gate. My husband didn't go with us last year, but I was able to activate the tickets with my dependent ID. I wish this was better known info because we've been retired 10 years now and I guarantee we would have been prior to 2013 if we had known about the awesome ticket prices being available to disabled vets!:banana:

I'm feeling a little confused. Our ITT clerk and a disney chat cast member both told me that we could split 1 of the 4 day salute passes between 2 people so they'd each get two days. ...Now a different DCCM told me I can't. Do you guys have any idea? There's four adults. We're looking at 6 days. What's our best option here?

I'm feeling a little confused. Our ITT clerk and a disney chat cast member both told me that we could split 1 of the 4 day salute passes between 2 people so they'd each get two days. ...Now a different DCCM told me I can't. Do you guys have any idea? There's four adults. We're looking at 6 days. What's our best option here?

Sorry, but you absolutely can not do this by Disney's rules. All Disney tickets including the Disney Armed Forces Salute are non-transferable.

Both WDW and DL have measures in place to prevent it. Fingerprint at WDW and pictures at DL.

The person who first uses a ticket is the only one allowed to use the remaining days on the ticket.

An adult 2-day hopper with military discount through ITT or Shades of Green is $244. At $169 the AFS 4-day ticket is a better deal even buying 2 for those 2 people to use 2 days each. You will still be saving.

:) So it seems. Our problem... isn't exactly that.

The four of us want to be down there six days in the parks. It seems like our best bet is to do AFS for two people to use AFS passes for six days, two to use AFS passes for four days and then just go ahead and buy plain 1 day park tickets at shades for $97 each for say, AK and DHS. It only ends up being a few bucks more anyway. I'm definitely not complaining and I'm actually rolling all over your site right now (which is fantastic, btw).

:) So it seems. Our problem... isn't exactly that.

The four of us want to be down there six days in the parks. It seems like our best bet is to do AFS for two people to use AFS passes for six days, two to use AFS passes for four days and then just go ahead and buy plain 1 day park tickets at shades for $97 each for say, AK and DHS. It only ends up being a few bucks more anyway. I'm definitely not complaining and I'm actually rolling all over your site right now (which is fantastic, btw).

Thanks so much!!!

For 6 park days; 2 people could use 4 salute tickets back to back at $338 each total, while the other 2 used a 6-day hopper from Shades $413 (vs a salute plus 2-day $413).

Actually since we're all staying at shades (we're sponsoring them), I'd imagine the stars and stripes would be better for 6 days for them wouldn't it? It's only $369 as opposed to $413. Or can stars and stripes not be used by friends after being purchased by AD military?

Actually since we're all staying at shades (we're sponsoring them), I'd imagine the stars and stripes would be better for 6 days for them wouldn't it? It's only $369 as opposed to $413. Or can stars and stripes not be used by friends after being purchased by AD military?

Yes they sure can.

Do the military Stars and Stripes tickets apply to retired military as well??

Trying to figure the best deal for us. We want to do 7-8 days. 3 adults, 3 kids (oldest kid will be 10, so he'd be an adult technically I believe.).

We were thinking 2 salute tickets a piece for 3 people, then hopefully an 8 day Stars and Stripes ticket for the three kids.

We'll be staying at the contemporary--it sounds like the stars and stripes are only for sog or on site resort folks, which is why I mention that.

Anxiously awaiting the military salute info this summer!!!!!

Do the military Stars and Stripes tickets apply to retired military as well??

Trying to figure the best deal for us. We want to do 7-8 days. 3 adults, 3 kids (oldest kid will be 10, so he'd be an adult technically I believe.).

We were thinking 2 salute tickets a piece for 3 people, then hopefully an 8 day Stars and Stripes ticket for the three kids.

We'll be staying at the contemporary--it sounds like the stars and stripes are only for sog or on site resort folks, which is why I mention that.

Anxiously awaiting the military salute info this summer!!!!!

Yes the Shades of Green Stars and Stripes passes can be purchased by retired members. You do have to be staying at Shades or another on WDW property resort to buy them, so you'll be just fine with your Contemp stay.

Yes the Shades of Green Stars and Stripes passes can be purchased by retired members. You do have to be staying at Shades or another on WDW property resort to buy them, so you'll be just fine with your Contemp stay.

THANK YOU!!!! Do we have to buy them at shades or can we get them at a military base before going on our trip??

I'm sorry if this has already been asked... we have decided a last minute trip and will be going in a couple weeks, the 2nd or 3rd week of June depending on some scheduling...anyway we will be buying the Salute to Armed Forces tickets from our local MWR... my question is will I be able to do the FP+ with these on my Disney Experience before we go? I ask because I've read where you have to link them to your account, but last time I bought these tickets we only got the vouchers not the actual tickets til we got to the park??
Thx for any info, been planning things for years and for the first time I feel I'm really confused and stumped,lol:worried:

I'm sorry if this has already been asked... we have decided a last minute trip and will be going in a couple weeks, the 2nd or 3rd week of June depending on some scheduling...anyway we will be buying the Salute to Armed Forces tickets from our local MWR... my question is will I be able to do the FP+ with these on my Disney Experience before we go? I ask because I've read where you have to link them to your account, but last time I bought these tickets we only got the vouchers not the actual tickets til we got to the park?? Thx for any info, been planning things for years and for the first time I feel I'm really confused and stumped,lol:worried:

Yes, when you put the number on the voucher in my Disney experience, it recognizes them You will get four days of fast passes you can book.

I booked a split stay about two weeks ago so I had to make a separate reservation for each hotel. I booked at full price and was reassured by two separate CMs ( called twice because I wasn't prepared to put down the second deposit right away) that once the Mil Disc is announced for beyond Sep I can call back and apply the disc to our reservations. (This is of course assuming they have mil rooms left in the category we booked, they only set so many aside for that. Worse case you might have to change room categories:)

We have done this multiple times in previous years. It's worth noting that technically, they have to cancel and rebook your reservation under the renewed (or new, depending on what they do) rules.

We are staying on site in August and my FP+ window is quickly approaching... The issue is that we ordered our family's salute tix from ITT on base but they haven't arrived yet... The lady at ITT stated it could take up to 3 weeks for our tix to arrive. Do I have any options to book my FP+ without my actual vouchers? I am worried they will not arrive in time to book right at my 60 window and will miss FP opportunities for Anna and Elsa and the 7 dwarves mine train. Thanks for any info u can provide!

Gennie

We are staying on site in August and my FP+ window is quickly approaching... The issue is that we ordered our family's salute tix from ITT on base but they haven't arrived yet... The lady at ITT stated it could take up to 3 weeks for our tix to arrive. Do I have any options to book my FP+ without my actual vouchers? I am worried they will not arrive in time to book right at my 60 window and will miss FP opportunities for Anna and Elsa and the 7 dwarves mine train. Thanks for any info u can provide!

Gennie

Sorry, without the ticket numbers you can't book your FP+.

3 weeks sounds excessive, 2 is standard.

Did you prepay at ITT?

If not you could try Camp Pendleton they fedex (for $10) and ask for a 2 week notice for WDW.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but i figured i would give it a try!

Have people been successful at reserving onsite rooms at a late date? I normally book very early but for next July am planning to go back to my beloved Poly (IF they renew the military discount). I am thinking, however that if construction is still going on I will probably want to make a last minute switch (like maybe a month before) to CR or BC but am hoping i will be able to reserve a military rate at one of those hotels in a regular room (not club level). Any idea if this will be possible or impossible at that late a date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter