Official 2012 Wine and Dine ½ Marathon Thread

This is what I am planning on checking next month:
-Baby wipes (great tip from the WISH boards I have used many times over)
-Sponge (if warm/hot during the day)
-Undergarments
-Comfy shorts
-Loose shirt
-Car keys

Because I am leary of stuff falling out, I will put my things in a small bag/pouch and then that inside the check bag.

What are y'all planning on checking in your bag?
For my bag, I am doing...
-change of clothes
-jacket
-deodorant
-baby wipes
-maybe some dry shampoo.. haven't decided on that one yet

I feel like there was something else I was going to do, but I can't think at the moment.

I would recommend a light jacket in your bag. I was really glad I had one the past 2 W&D's!

Love it!! Where did you find the shirt?

Here is the link to the information on how to get a WISH shirt of your very own. Be aware RaceReady shirts run small so order in a size larger. Also, I believe they have longer styles which I would get if I was ordering again.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39413020&postcount=4

It sports the WISH motto on the back

WISH_Logo_back.jpg

1. Galloway Peeps - Are you using the App on race day or another timer? I've been using the app all along during training. I'm worried about technical glitches. One time I lost all audio, but the timer still worked on the screen. Worried about battery life too. Otherwise, it's been fantastic and I've loved it.

I have had problems losing my iPhone battery about 3 hours into a race if I run the app -- just when I need it the most! :scared1: My last half I used my phone only for music and used Galloway's little timer. I also had my Garmin. :rotfl2: I just had the Garmin running, no intervals. The Galloway timer does reset after 99 intervals but it is easy to restart on the fly. I will be doing the same thing at the W&D. I think the best thing is to experiment and see what works best for you. :flower3:

I have a locak 10k this week-end and then one more long run before the W&D. :yay: and :scared:

I have had problems losing my iPhone battery about 3 hours into a race if I run the app -- just when I need it the most! :scared1: My last half I used my phone only for music and used Galloway's little timer. I also had my Garmin. :rotfl2: I just had the Garmin running, no intervals. The Galloway timer does reset after 99 intervals but it is easy to restart on the fly. I will be doing the same thing at the W&D. I think the best thing is to experiment and see what works best for you. :flower3:

I have a locak 10k this week-end and then one more long run before the W&D. :yay: and :scared:[/QUOTE]

I use the runkeeper app.. you can program what intervals you want to use and your music is piped in. I have never had a problem with my battery going to zero...I was out yesterday for 2hrs45minutes and my iphone only got to 83%.

Does anyone know if you get the discount event ticket code with the kids race?

Here is the link to the information on how to get a WISH shirt of your very own. Be aware RaceReady shirts run small so order in a size larger. Also, I believe they have longer styles which I would get if I was ordering again.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39413020&postcount=4

It sports the WISH motto on the back

WISH_Logo_back.jpg

Am I missing something at the link? I don't see anything about shirts, just visors. I'm not sure how this whole thing works anyway:confused3.

Kandaf and AquaDame - great ideas! I'm going to go look into both. I have always shied away from anything other than water because I thought I had a sensitive stomach, but perhaps it's the other way around...

I have been using a Gatorade recovery drink (the chocolate milk protein one) after my run. Could that be causing my issues? I thought that would help.

Has anyone used the Accelerade stuff that Jeff Galloway recommends?

I use the Accelerade Orange during my long training runs (doing the Wine and Dine, but am training for the Disney Marathon in January). Have done as long as 17 so far and think the Accelerade works great.

One word of warning about it, it doesn't taste the greatest, especially when it starts to get warm. I think it is due to the sodium in it as I associate the taste as being salty. Having said that, I freeze whatever I am taking the night before and then let it thaw out as I run. Its tastes a lot better like this and I now chase it with a drink of water each time. Between freezing it and the water afterwards, its pretty good.

It's official! We're running the Wine and Dine! Whew...last minute available entries via Get Travel. A little pricey but we're so excited!! :cool1:

mickeysgal said:
It's official! We're running the Wine and Dine! Whew...last minute available entries via Get Travel. A little pricey but we're so excited!! :cool1:

Great! Happy you will be joining us! About a month to go!!!

Am I missing something at the link? I don't see anything about shirts, just visors. I'm not sure how this whole thing works anyway:confused3.

It's in the quoted (yellow box) part of the post by chimera. They used to do group orders for WISH shirts but they had trouble making the minimum order size one year. That is also why they haven't done visors in some time.

There is a great stickie at the top of the events boards that tells you all about WISH, how it came to be and full of other great information. I've met so many wonderful people and made lifelong friends through WISH. It truly changed my life! pixiedust:

My costume for the Wine and Dine is done!!!

So cute! :cutie:

Glad you can join us! :yay:

Bittersweet....

Just popping in to say that I hope everyone's training is going well! It's one month until my departure date for the trip. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to run. :sad: I'm waiting to have an MRI on my back sometime this week. I had an xray last week that came back as a muscle spasm and a narrowing between the discs in my upper thoracic. So I'm not sure yet what exactly that will mean for my training and/or doing the W&D. I'm relieved that they finally know what's causing my headaches and hopefully can help them stop. On the other hand, I'm so not happy about getting this far in training and possibly having to stop and drop out. :mad:

Anyhow - I've been away from the boards for a few days because I was a bit depressed about the whole thing. But I wanted to say good luck and hopefully lend a little encouragement for anyone who's been struggling with motivation lately. Go run one for me! Run because you can! And if that doesn't work, Run for Chocolate!!! :thumbsup2

Welp, received my travel package in the mail yesterday.. The time is almost here..

A few weeks prior, I did a HM, so basically I am just trying to just keep running and not get out of shape. I am starting my running routine back up this week (had to take off 2 weeks after the prior race). Hopefully, I will be ready for the Wine and Dine.

Bittersweet....

Just popping in to say that I hope everyone's training is going well! It's one month until my departure date for the trip. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to run. :sad: I'm waiting to have an MRI on my back sometime this week. I had an xray last week that came back as a muscle spasm and a narrowing between the discs in my upper thoracic. So I'm not sure yet what exactly that will mean for my training and/or doing the W&D. I'm relieved that they finally know what's causing my headaches and hopefully can help them stop. On the other hand, I'm so not happy about getting this far in training and possibly having to stop and drop out. :mad:

Anyhow - I've been away from the boards for a few days because I was a bit depressed about the whole thing. But I wanted to say good luck and hopefully lend a little encouragement for anyone who's been struggling with motivation lately. Go run one for me! Run because you can! And if that doesn't work, Run for Chocolate!!! :thumbsup2
Hoping you'll be able to make the Wine & Dine 1/2. My greatest fear right now is an injury so close to the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter