Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

The AFS ticket for either hopping or WPF&M is $156. The ticket with both is $184.

A two-day MYW base ticket is $176 adult and $164 child.

By definition an upgrade is taking one ticket and adding cash (or similar) and ending up with one ticket with more entitlements.

Gotcha! That makes perfect sense. Thanks for helping me understand!

Sorry...another question for Cheshire Figment or other expert! If we booked resort and 2 day base tickets to get free dining and and wanted to use the AFS tickets, could I have the two day base tickets separated from the room key and use them later?

Yes. but actually you would not have to have them separated from the room key. Just be sure to not use them. The dates printed on the room key are only for room and package dates.

Yes. but actually you would not have to have them separated from the room key. Just be sure to not use them. The dates printed on the room key are only for room and package dates.

OK...so they could just keep their KTTW card with the two days on them? COULD we ask to have it separated if we wanted?

Has anyone been able to go without their Military relative present? My dad is retired military and was going to join our family (me, DH, DD-2 & DD 6wks) for our upcoming trip. He now doesn't know if he will make it after all because of his schedule. It more likely he can meet us for the last 2 days.

I am wondering if we will be able to activate the tickets without him present. Trying to figure out our plan and hoping we are not our $300 for our 2 tickets.

Thanks in Advance.

OK...so they could just keep their KTTW card with the two days on them? COULD we ask to have it separated if we wanted?

Maybe. A lot of CMs don't know how to do it and will tell you it can't be done. It really isn't necessary unless you just want to be 100% sure that you don't use the tickets by accident. We've saved them on our room keys and used them months, even a year or more later.

Has anyone been able to go without their Military relative present? My dad is retired military and was going to join our family (me, DH, DD-2 & DD 6wks) for our upcoming trip. He now doesn't know if he will make it after all because of his schedule. It more likely he can meet us for the last 2 days.

I am wondering if we will be able to activate the tickets without him present. Trying to figure out our plan and hoping we are not our $300 for our 2 tickets.

Thanks in Advance.

Sorry, but no. The military member MUST activate the tickets at WDW. The tickets are not valid for entry until the military member shows his/her military ID and provides the name of each person using the tickets.

To activate six tickets the service member must be physically present at a WDW ticket window, and one must be for the service member.

To activate only five tickets, the service member does not have to be present but the Spouse must be physically present. (Also can be done by an unremarried widow.)

No other relative may activate tickets.

These are hard and fast rules and will not be bent.

So my mom is coming with us and then my brother will be joining us a few days later. Does my mother need to buy his ticket when she buys hers?

So for further clarification, you must enter the park with your 2-day MYW ticket and then go to guest services to update to AFS ticket? Will they then issue the actual AFS Ticket (separate from your room key) for you to use for the remainder of your trip? Sorry if this has been answered already and TYIA.

I am so glad I found this thread. My mother in laws husband is retired military. The two of them, along with my parents, are accompanying DH and I and our 3 year old this year on a DCL cruise, then five nights at WDW. We already know that he can buy 6 salute tickets for the adults, but our 3 year old will still need a ticket.

Our plan was to go to SOG when we arrived in Orlando the day before the cruise, and purchase the Salute tickets then (so as to save time the morning of disembarkation.) We were hoping to purchase a 6 day Stars & Stripes pass for DD at the same time but now I'm seeing that those have to be used immediately? Or is that something that will need to be activated too?

The six-day S&S ticket will expire on the 7th day after purchase, whether or not it is used.

So I'm going to need to wait til we get off the ship & do it then.. That stinks. I was hoping to get a little edge timewise. Now I've got to make the decision if my time is worth the price difference.

Hi all hopefully somebody can help me!

We are from the UK but as from a few months time we will be posted in the US for 3 years!

We normally always get the 14/21 day UK ultimate ticket so......

To get the military discount how many days tickets can i buy up to for a 14 night trip?

We want to go for 14 nights and hopefully get free dining,
Also if for some reason I can not go for the 1st few days due to work commitments I've read my wife can buy the tickets,although I'm hoping to do the package with the hotel an have it all paid before she goes! is this the same for having a package and checking into the hotel can my wife do this?
We are a little worried as her ID may be different for the camp we are at being as she is a British dependent ( hopefully our new Ids will be done in time for the trip but we are cutting it fine!she may fly straight from the UK with the kids but I would have been at our new posting for a month or so before hand,
( we wanted a family trip before I go away for a few months. We know many who has gotten the discount by being affiliated to the US camp but just want to make sure we get all the correct Info,

I don't want to book it all and then when my wife gets there she has to pay out another lot of money as we didn't get the Info correct or they don't except her ID

Hope all this makes sense I'm writing it at 1 in the morning on shift lol.

I've been through most of this thread, and read Chesire's summary (THANKS!) but I just want to confirm a few things.

Here is the summary:

~ DB arrives on a Monday - SSR
~ He will pick up Salute Tickets from SoG on Monday
~ DB will go to Park on Tuesday with his family, activating 5 tickets
~ Our Dad will arrive Tuesday evening
~ We have 8:05 ADR at CP on Wednesday morning

IF DB purchases a total of 6 Salute tickets for himself, his family, and our Dad, I just want to confirm that:

1.) DB can activate a Salute ticket for Dad after he arrives even though he won't be there when the first 5 were activated

2.) [Assuming #1 is true] If Dad's flight is delayed, and they can't activate the ticket at DtD on Tuesday night, they will still be able to activate it around 7:30 at MK gate, well before our early ADR.

3.) Dad can go to a park with me one day without DB

TIA :goodvibes

People don't have to be present for you to activate their tickets. DB can activate your dad's when he activates the rest.

After that, your dad doesn't have to be with him at all, not even the first time he uses the ticket.

I've been through most of this thread, and read Chesire's summary (THANKS!) but I just want to confirm a few things.

1.) DB can activate a Salute ticket for Dad after he arrives even though he won't be there when the first 5 were activated

2.) [Assuming #1 is true] If Dad's flight is delayed, and they can't activate the ticket at DtD on Tuesday night, they will still be able to activate it around 7:30 at MK gate, well before our early ADR.

3.) Dad can go to a park with me one day without DB

TIA :goodvibes
Yes

Your brother can activate all the tickets at once, and he does not need to be present when your dad uses the ticket by himself.

Your brother can activate ALL the tickets at once. When we use them, I always activate them by myself. I have never needed the rest of the family with me at Guest Services. So just have him activate all 6 tickets at one time, saves him the hassle of having to go to GS twice.

I skimmed through this thread- sorry in advance if this has been covered and i missed it but.....

We are going to Disney in December and my daughter is a marine wife- as far as I can tell the only military discounted tickets are the promo ones? (our dates are past the promo dates) Or is there a regular military discount that I'm missing? :confused3

Thanks in advance!

I skimmed through this thread- sorry in advance if this has been covered and i missed it but.....

We are going to Disney in December and my daughter is a marine wife- as far as I can tell the only military discounted tickets are the promo ones? (our dates are past the promo dates) Or is there a regular military discount that I'm missing? :confused3

Thanks in advance!

The Military Salute ticket is the one with the major discount. Your daughter can purchase other tickets at Shades of Green at a small discount and tax-free. Here's a link to see other ticket that are available.

Thank you!

It seems I'm not going to get much cheaper by going that route as opposed to using Undercover Tourist.

That's what I needed to know!:thumbsup2

There's not a huge discount, and it's worth shopping around to see if you can find anything better. Thank goodness for the Military Salute tickets because they are a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter