"Of course you're excited... It's Disney" TR 4/6

Most be a joke on new visitors lol It's so hard to catch Carl in a "real" moment lol Hes such a poser ;)

LOL They think if you like your room where it is that you will not be one of the Diser's that KNOW where the good rooms are..:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: ALL the men in my husbands squadron are hard core at work but when I catch them with their kid's it is all smushy love. (Unless they are cracking up and it is super fun to see the laughter in these men.) I cant wait to read more.. I will be down there for 10 days in 3 1/2 weeks.. This will be our 4th straight year at Shades.. It is a great time to reconnect as a family because hubby travels with the Navy constantly..

EEEEEKKK!!! i'm late! I TOTALLY missed that your trip report started :( I only found out b/c I was looking through some inactive threads I was subscribed to in case I missed something. I went to yours wondering if you ever did post again and maybe i missed it??? but nope - no new posts :( I was heart broken. Then I just happened to look back at your most recent post and saw that TINY little link to a trip report!!!!
You should go back to your pretrip and add one last post with the link to this one :) Unless everyone else found it but me! :rotfl2:

Anyway, LOVING it so far!!!! The facial expressions are GREAT!!!! and the TAG on your mickey ears!!! :lmao: I'm sorry but that's TOO funny. I would have been ticked too. Guys - don't notice stuff even if it's right in front of their faces.

Looking forward to more :) So glad i finally found you!

Sorry for being MIA for a bit.. Got super busy with a baby shower for a good friend then PreSchool Open House and ballet open house for Rylei. Uhm where is my pause button?

Anywho..right as we got off of Buzz Kristie was calling me. Landon was done with his haircut. We met up by Peter Pan. It was time to cash in our fast passes! We got right on. Ry wasn't WILD about it surprisingly... She hasn't seen Peter Pan... But as much as she watched the Peter Pan episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates she knew who he was and of course Hook. By this time we where all hungry. We checked our Pinocchio's Village Haus. It was just typical park food to me... Carl got a pepperoni pizza and I got the chicken fingers. We both shared with the girls. Carl loved the pizza but uhm yeah he has low standards hah. We decided to do one more ride and head out for naps. it's a small world had a 15 minute wait. So we parked the strollers and headed to it... and the sign flipped to 20. ugh lol Sooo we waited... Landon tried loving on Liv but she wasn't having it.
She's like uhm WHAT is he doing?
139.jpg

141.jpg

grr photobucket is being silly and not uploading... had a few more pics but oh well

sing along
150.jpg

It's a small world after all....
158.jpg

nah nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhh

Olivia fell asleep on it... So we for sure knew it was time to leave the parks in hopes of Rylei napping. We said good bye to Kristie with one more picture for the grandmas
160.jpg

We hopped on the Resort monorail to the Poly and walked to SoG so that we wouldn't have to move Liv... Well of course as soon as we got in the room she was up. Ugh... We tried getting both girls to lay down but no dice... We decided to let them swim in hopes that they would really get tired and nap... Nope.. No dice... So we headed back to MK for our ADR later. We got there around 5:00 I got excited because the Princesses only had a 10 minute wait. Uhm yes please... So we hopped in line... and waited... and waited... and Liv got crankier... and crankier... After 20 mins we said forget it... and hopped in line for Minnie and Mickey which we waited uhm maybe 5 minutes? Minnie made eye contact with Olivia before we got to the front. She waved at her and Liv freaked out. It was so cute she was laughing and waving at Minnie. We got to the front and Ry put on her shy-ish act. When she gets happy and excited... she doesn't smile? Lol Silly kid...
Finally our first meeting with characters <3
33040410001.jpg

She was SO excited she just didn't know what to do!
33040410010.jpg

Liv was like omg... omg... but wouldn't walk all the way up lol
33040410014.jpg

33040410015.jpg

33040410016.jpg

33040410018.jpg

Kissie Kissie from Mickey
33040410020.jpg

MMk so I kinda love this picture
33040410029.jpg

We had a nice little Meet and Greet though and moved on to ... the GIFT SHOP! WOO HOO. We didn't plan on getting anything but Liv grabbed a toddler Ariel doll and would NOT release her so yeah how could I refuse. I told Ry she could pick 1 out and she grabbed a small red Minnie. Because honestly we NEEDED another Minnie (that made her 7th... but first in classic red!) Walking out we caught the end of the Move It! Street party. They where just about to leave so we found an opening and watched.
164.jpg

Liv held Ariel like this for about 30 mins lol It was so cute.
I have a few parade pics but uhm yeah... Thanks for crimping my style photobucket...
Pictures as promised
167.jpg

169.jpg

173.jpg

I think it was close to 6 so we just headed to Liberty Tree Tavern for our 645ADR. I checked in hoping they would let us in... Uhm NO luck.. First off the guy didn't even give me a buzzer so I felt like I had to stay inside... Ry colored and Liv played pick up with the crayons they had out... ANd we waited..... and waited... 15 minutes AFTER our ADR time Carl is PISSED and standing up to ask what the deal is and they call our name. Whew bit THAT bullet... --No anger at Disney-- They sit us in the back. I'm so excited because I was REALLY looking forward to this dinner. I loved the menu! They bring out bread and salad and we scarf it down. I LOVED the salad. And thats about where the enjoyment ended... Notice there will be NO pictures ... Because Liv was an angry child.. Oh boy. Our waiter was awesome bless his heart and got our food out pretty quick.. Liv only wanted the mac n cheese. Ry ate pretty good. I was disappointed... I thought the meat was dry... (my turkey was better... just saying...). Carl really liked the pork though and got seconds on it. I was too busy trying to keep Liv quite to enjoy any of it though. Close to the end Ry dropped her apple juice... And flipped out.. BAD. I have never seen my child freak out like this in public... She was SO upset that she dropped it plus super tired... Yeah bad bad... We told her its okay and we would get her a new one.. Of course no waiters are in site.. So we gave her Liv's juice. And then Mr Waiter comes out... with desert. Which I would have enjoyed if I could. It tasted great but neither Ry nor Liv would eat it (even the ice cream??). At this time Ry drops Liv's juice. At this Carl is irritated because he felt she just wasnt paying attention.. Which she wasn't but she was exhausted. Commence tears once more. I tell Carl to finish what he wants, settle the bill with a large tip and meet us at the stroller. I go upstairs to change Liv and let Ry potty. Then head to the stroller. About 5 minutes later Carl comes out. We start walking and I catch a glimpse of the castle...

Holy people it was 740... MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE! Ugh I felt so DUMB. We had NO intention of doing Wishes tonight. I tell Carl theres no point in trying to get out but he said we would... and We did... We fought the swarm.. only hit one set of ankles (to which we apologized). We got to the bus stop and of course had missed the bus by 5 minutes. We could see a few fireworks from the bus stop. Which is when we learned... Carl is NOT a fan of the sound of fireworks... I guess I should mention his last deployment was Afghanistan... and fireworks sound like bombs? He was fine though just gave him chills every loud boom .. Liv fell asleep in the stroller. on the way out We got to SoG and bathed the kids and let them play and have a snack. We called the front desk for bed rails. Carl set them up while I showered and I got the girls to sleep pretty easy while Carl hit the gym.
175.jpg

So cute :)
When Carl got back he filled out a slip for room service breakfast and we hit the bed!

Sorry for the lack of pictures... Whenever I figure out whats up with photobucket I will add those pictures :-)

wow, long day hey?? So sorry things didn't go so smoothly. If they had gotten in proper naps it would have been totally different I bet hey? Those little monkeys know how to throw a wrench into our plans. lol My dd is 14 now so i don't have a missed nap to blame when she chucks a fit. HAHA

I just wanted to say I am enjoying reading your trip report and just found out something I did not know from it. I did not know that you could end up "trapped" in MK if you try to leave at the wrong time.:scared1: So thanks for that info, I will have to keep that in mind for my family's upcoming trip.

Also I just want to say thank you :thumbsup2 to your husband as well as to any other people (that may be reading this) that are serving our country for your service and sacrifice. I also want to thank you and the other military families for the sacrifices you make as well in support of those serving. :thumbsup2

Great start! I can't wait to read more! We are heading down in September and spending a week at Shades of Green (salute the veteran's program). I haven't stayed there in 10 years, can't wait to hear more about it!:goodvibes

My granddaughter had a meltdown the likes of which I've never seen--on her or any kid!--two weeks ago in the MK after we'd been there just two hours. We had to take her out of the park, with people staring every inch of the way! The complete overload of sight, sounds, emotions and adult anticipation just seems to send kids into a spiral!

I love that last picture of the kids sleeping! so cute!

there may be more to come like it :lmao:

wow, long day hey?? So sorry things didn't go so smoothly. If they had gotten in proper naps it would have been totally different I bet hey? Those little monkeys know how to throw a wrench into our plans. lol My dd is 14 now so i don't have a missed nap to blame when she chucks a fit. HAHA

VERY long day! Nap time was a forced must after lol

I just wanted to say I am enjoying reading your trip report and just found out something I did not know from it. I did not know that you could end up "trapped" in MK if you try to leave at the wrong time.:scared1: So thanks for that info, I will have to keep that in mind for my family's upcoming trip.

Also I just want to say thank you :thumbsup2 to your husband as well as to any other people (that may be reading this) that are serving our country for your service and sacrifice. I also want to thank you and the other military families for the sacrifices you make as well in support of those serving. :thumbsup2

thanks much :goodvibes yeah its just hard to get out once everyone is set up for fireworks but possible... double stroller doesnt help either

Great start! I can't wait to read more! We are heading down in September and spending a week at Shades of Green (salute the veteran's program). I haven't stayed there in 10 years, can't wait to hear more about it!:goodvibes

We LOVED Shades. Very glad we picked it.

My granddaughter had a meltdown the likes of which I've never seen--on her or any kid!--two weeks ago in the MK after we'd been there just two hours. We had to take her out of the park, with people staring every inch of the way! The complete overload of sight, sounds, emotions and adult anticipation just seems to send kids into a spiral!

dont cha love when they do that too you! haha

Subbing to your TR! Great start! Plus I had to give a shout out to another Delaware DISer! :wave2:

Your daughters are adorable. Very, very cute! You got some great pictures of them.

Sorry the end of your second day did not go so well. I imagine they were both exhausted after not napping all day. Sorry you couldn't enjoy your meal too much. LTT has a lovely lunch menu. Keep that in mind in you get a chance to go back.

Your SOG room looks really nice. I did not realize it was so close to the Poly. That's convenient.

Looking forward to more!

Subbing to your TR! Great start! Plus I had to give a shout out to another Delaware DISer! :wave2:

Your daughters are adorable. Very, very cute! You got some great pictures of them.

Sorry the end of your second day did not go so well. I imagine they were both exhausted after not napping all day. Sorry you couldn't enjoy your meal too much. LTT has a lovely lunch menu. Keep that in mind in you get a chance to go back.

Your SOG room looks really nice. I did not realize it was so close to the Poly. That's convenient.

Looking forward to more!

woot woot Dela-where? hah Everyday can't be perfect. TRUST me it did NOT hinder the rest of our days hah Very close to the poly... About a 1/4 of a mile... And a pretty walk so its not like ugh... Except for the little hills around the poly... meh... lol

ADDED MORE PICTURES :-D

Okay here starts the real fun... And more pictures thank God... I slacked BAD the first day.. lol
March 1 we where up EARLY.. I wanted to make opening show and rope drop. I NEEDED to! Carl had ordered room service the night before for breakfast and it was delivered at 745. He got the "All American" which was sausage, bacon, eggs, home fries, and toast for like $7 bucks? He also got chocolate milk and I got OJ... I always want OJ on vacation? Eh.. Carl said food was good except the home fries but I think he was expecting hashbrowns?

Anyway we where on the 8:30 bus to TTC and dashed to the monorail.... Shoulda took the fairy... Mono stops right outside of Magic Kingdom... For a freaking "safety check" ... for 15 freakin minutes.... I can SEE the train with all the characters... Marry freakin Poppins is WAIVING to me... And then the train left... and we didn't... Missed the show... Sigh... But once we where in my disappointment was forgotten because I was in the happiest place on Earth. (Sorry for my angry moment.. haha)

First thing we did was grab fast passes for the princesses. Didn't want another crazy wait. And since I was there I went into Emporium (right?) to get the girls names on their ears. I planned on just dropping them off but she started them as I paid and said it would only take about 5 minutes so I waited. And hat gawked.
179.jpg

That top one? Thats the first set Ry tried on... Veto action! That was NOT going to be her first pair! lol
180-1.jpg

ahh heaven..
I also wandered into the candy shop... YUM! The people who where in RIGHT before me got free chocolate covered strawberries. Boo for me :( lol
181-1.jpg

We saw a Photopass person so we started milking our pre-purchase deal heh
33040410036.jpg

Eww for tarps!
But we did get a cute magic shot
33040410042.jpg

I love it because Liv did perfect hah!
So we went a little further down...
Yay for pretties
33040410040.jpg

We decided to head to Tomorrowland first today.
194.jpg

Carl was like "hey you haven't taken my picture with the girls"
195.jpg

Uhm okay lets stop in a random place and take one then? When they look cranky... Whatevs lol
So then he wanted a castle pic... (Me and my big mouth....)
198.jpg

The girls where not amused.

We went to Astro Orbitor first since I know the line tends to get backed up pretty quick... Miss Olivia was all about wanting to walk in line... slowly...
202.jpg

Excitement builds for the first ride of the day!
205.jpg

Ahh my graceful child
206.jpg

208.jpg

Once we got to the top it was RIDE time. I must say I was impressed they run that thing well... And shove people in those elevators hah
222.jpg

225.jpg

I must say... That was a faster ride than I was prepared for... It was weird trying to hold Liv... and my ears... and then I was being tossed into the side of the little plane thing... lol Yeah lol
Next we headed to Ry's favorite...
226.jpg

We got stuck in the last room with Zeurg for a bit... Well Carl and Rylei where... Liv and I where in the little tunnel area in the middle... lol (Notice a trend? It continues.. lol)

We got FPs for later and headed to the front to see the Princesses. We didn't tell Ry what we where doing either ;-)
Cheesy much
33040410048.jpg

I do love this one...
33040410051.jpg

Aurora loved that Liv had on BOTH of her favorite colors
33040410052.jpg

Missed what Belle was telling her but obviously she had to think about it
33040410053.jpg

33040410055.jpg

Then Belle wanted a picture with Liv...
33040410060.jpg

And who do you think was next?
That will have to do for now... I should be sleeping since I'm forcing myself to the gym with the girls in the morning and I should be close to my photo limit...

More soon... I'm too excited to let you wait long...

Looks like a GREAT day so far :) SO happy to see you didn't have the tag hanging out all day. lol. Did they help you keep it in check??? Or had you ripped it off the other day?

all that food at the candy shop looks SSOOO yummy!! oh my gosh! How am I ever going to decide what to splurge on? There is SO much!!

Okay, having to snap pics of your DH cracked me up. :lmao: I loved how he wanted to get in front of the castle where the sun was shining in the girls eyes and they were blinded. :rotfl2: (I didn't love how they were blinded, I mean, I loved how he was all "good point, let's move here" and wasn't thinking about the placement of the sun.)

Yeah, I'll hush now. It just made me giggle (because it reminds me of my DH -- the not thinking it out part).

It looks like Belle was talking to her about her shirt. :love: I know the characters love to see kids dressed in "their" clothing lines or wearing their friends on their clothes. :cloud9: Ahhh, Disney....

So I'm on a restricted computer right now and I can't see your pics, but I'm sure they are great.

Such a bummer about being stuck on the monorail when you wanted to see the opening show. I love that show! I stayed at BLT one trip and actually just walked over there one morning just to watch the show. :love:

Sounds like a great morning so far. Be back later to see pics!

Looks like a GREAT day so far :) SO happy to see you didn't have the tag hanging out all day. lol. Did they help you keep it in check??? Or had you ripped it off the other day?

all that food at the candy shop looks SSOOO yummy!! oh my gosh! How am I ever going to decide what to splurge on? There is SO much!!

hah nope never ripped it off. I think I just tucked it under nicely. Some how I never bought anything there (shocking I know!) We stayed so busy we never got hungry haha

Okay, having to snap pics of your DH cracked me up. :lmao: I loved how he wanted to get in front of the castle where the sun was shining in the girls eyes and they were blinded. :rotfl2: (I didn't love how they were blinded, I mean, I loved how he was all "good point, let's move here" and wasn't thinking about the placement of the sun.)

Yeah, I'll hush now. It just made me giggle (because it reminds me of my DH -- the not thinking it out part).

It looks like Belle was talking to her about her shirt. :love: I know the characters love to see kids dressed in "their" clothing lines or wearing their friends on their clothes. :cloud9: Ahhh, Disney....

Lol hes such a silly guy. I was like we JUST did photopass pics?! Probably was about her shirt. DH laughed when we got in... He didn't understand that she got to talk to ALL the princesses and was like" so shes going to talk to so-n-so with a Belle shirt... Thats kind of mean!" ahhh men

So I'm on a restricted computer right now and I can't see your pics, but I'm sure they are great.

Such a bummer about being stuck on the monorail when you wanted to see the opening show. I love that show! I stayed at BLT one trip and actually just walked over there one morning just to watch the show. :love:

Sounds like a great morning so far. Be back later to see pics!
Yeah I was bummed because that was our only chance to see it :-( Ah next time...

Am loving your TR! Your family is beautiful:goodvibes

We just recently had our first family vacation(after my daughter)so I'm reading your TR and feeling a bit sentimental.

So glad your having a great trip so far, except for the meltdown, but with toddlers you know it's gonna happen at some point:eek:

SOG looks lovely and I had no idea it was so close to the poly.

We've been stuck in MK a couple times during fireworks and seriously you need to be very determined to get out of there at that time, those crowds are no joke:scared:. Glad you were able to make it out even with a double stroller

Looking forward to reading more:)

ooh and I love your ears:lovestruc

Am loving your TR! Your family is beautiful:goodvibes

We just recently had our first family vacation(after my daughter)so I'm reading your TR and feeling a bit sentimental.

So glad your having a great trip so far, except for the meltdown, but with toddlers you know it's gonna happen at some point:eek:

SOG looks lovely and I had no idea it was so close to the poly.

We've been stuck in MK a couple times during fireworks and seriously you need to be very determined to get out of there at that time, those crowds are no joke:scared:. Glad you were able to make it out even with a double stroller

Looking forward to reading more:)

ooh and I love your ears:lovestruc

Yeah it was a nightmare... Gotta love those evil glares... lol I thought my husband was going to explode too lol

Well shucks no one guessed... but I'm sure you all know it was Cindy herself. Is it always those 3 or do they switch out? I saw Snow White out front one day.. Guess she isn't cool enough to be inside haha:rotfl2:

33040410063.jpg

Ry was in heaven. She has been all about Miss Cindy.. lol
33040410065.jpg

And this is SO SO wrong on SO many levels...
buttttt.....
33040410071.jpg

Ry felt up Cinderella... Wonder how much that happens poor girls...

After we had our princess fill... or feel... hah... Dearest husband... with his bladder of a 2 year old boy... had to potty so I decided to make a memory happen... Oh yes. It was Mickey Premium Bar time!:mickeybar
227.jpg

I just let them share one.
229.jpg

Next we where off to Adventure Land! We got FPs for Splash Mountain First. We double checked Ry's height and she was right on the money! 40" exactly (with tennis shoes that is..) Pirates of the Caribbean had a 5 minute wait. So we hopped on in. We went to the right since more people where going left. Somehow Liv fell asleep on the walk in? Carl was holding her... I was like eek this is going to be bad... There are cannons in here lol But she slept the WHOLE ride! haha We got a nice splash from a cannon too!

Right as we where getting the stroller Ry had to potty (geez these people ... lol) So I had to take her because this trip she magically became aware of the difference in the boys and girls bathrooms :confused:. What ever lol Then I had to battle her out of the gift shop because she wanted a sword for her and her best friend Parker... I told her swords aren't allowed on airplanes lol

Since Liv was asleep
244.jpg

Ry and I hopped in the 10 min wait at Magic Carpets. And holy cow... Love Bugs.... EVERYWHERE!!! Like thousands. Thankfully this was the only place we saw them... Not so good for the family in front of us though... Their kids was FLIPPING out... Felt bad for them. We also saw these little guys while in line. So did Carl who snapped a few pics of them.
251.jpg

253.jpg

And here we are lol
264.jpg

After we rode we got FPs for Jungle Cruise and headed back over to Splash. I called dips on riding first with Rylei. Splash was my first "big" ride... I rode with my grandpa... So I wanted to Ride with her!
272.jpg

(Darn the husband for not knowing how to focus correctly lol)
Well it was kind of a bumpy ride... literally... We kept having log jams and it gets old when the other logs keep running into you... We must have been on it for at least 30 minutes! But in the end Ry LOVED it.
33040410074.jpg

At the end I asked her if she wanted to ride again with Daddy and she was like uhm YES.
33040410076.jpg

So she got to experience the back AND the front lol Carl said their ride went smoothly with no jam ups. I'm just lucky.

Next we decided to grab lunch (after we bought out pictures.. heh) We went to Pecos Bill because I really wanted the Taco Salad everyone kept talking about. We order easily. I think Carl got the Pork Sandwich and the girls split nuggets. As soon as we found a table I turned to get Liv a high chair... And I here a splash. Carl dropped a soda... I could see his face getting red with embarrassment and anger at himself. I told him don't worry they will give us another one. And like magic there was a cast member asking what the drink was and also getting fries for the table next to us whose son had dropped them. And poof she was back before I had even fixed my taco salad with a new drink and Woody stickers. The food was SUPER yummy.

After we ate it was time for our Jungle Cruise. Carl was skeptical of this ride... Fake animals... woo hoo. I told him its super funny though. Wait was less than 10 min for us.We boarded our boat and away we went. I don't recall the name of the boat or the captain though.
Rylei LOVED the giant butterflies.
33040410076.jpg

Carl cracked up at the apes
308.jpg

313.jpg

And this classic
324.jpg

Ry loved the elephants.
353.jpg

The whole ride Liv was wiggly... Playing the up down game with me... I had my wallet wrist-let on and she kept tugging at it... I could imagine it flying into the water so I put it on the other side of me (we where in the very front by the captain). Well I get off no issue... We're on our merry way. Carl had to potty (big surprise there) so I was going to head to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip Float. I get inline and reach for my wrist-let... Not in the stroller canopy... Not in the backpack... SHOOT! I left it on the ride! I in a panic I dash back! Meeting Carl on the way I push the stroller to him and say I left my wallet on the ride. He mutters a few choice, not Disney words and we head back. An amazing cast member named Zach was working the fast pass line and I explained to him what happened. He brings me to the unloading area and trala there it was! Thank heavens!

Sooo back to my Dole Whip I headed. The girls didn't dig it? Ahhh.. More for me. We headed for the exit. On the way out I filled out a card to Zach. Once we got to SoG Ry passed out but Liv didn't I think she watched Disney Channel while I wrote in my journal and tried to keep her quiet :laughing:

Well until next time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter