of all the value resorts....

We faced the lake at Pop and never heard any outside noise - and this was when a lot of the heavy construction was taking place at AoA. LOVE Pop!

Pop, Pop, Pop, love their Foodcourt! :thumbsup2

al6yi5tjkbs9nf26.png

We had a room in May 2011 on the third floor facing the lake, can't remember what the bldg was but there was a Lady and the Tramp statue in front. It was very quiet. We were never bothered by any noise.

Agreed, we love POP and we have never had a problem with noise. We prefer to stay in Preferred/Pool View (Hippy Dippy Pool) so you can expect some noise from children playing. I sleep with a white noise machine so when that is on, I don't hear a thing. If you are concerned about cheerful noises, choose a room that doesn't face the Hippy Dippy. You should be safe.

I also love the food court, the lines for the buses are so organized, the gift shop is great and the cast members rock! :thumbsup2

You are gonna find a lot of POP lovers on the Dis boards! So much that based on Dis board opinions, we chose Pop for one of our stays, but didn't wind up staying there. POP is very colorful and spreadout. It definately felt like a large motel with lots of concrete. Personally, I didn't like it as much as Allstars Music or Movies. I found those resorts to have more greenery, and somehow felt more intimate. My vote goes to ASMU or ASMO!

Singinglizzie,
So did you arrive and ask to be switched? Where did you move to? My concern with all stars is the shared bus and large groups of teens. I have never stayed at any of the values. Are the all stars just as busy, crazy, crowded as Pop? Any issues with noise at all stars?

Pop is the nicest, but for value, go for All Star Sports.

I've found them to be a bit cheaper, and the buses always pic up All Star Sports first, and drop them off first as well.

Just saw this after I started a thread. Is Pop really loud? Specifically in the room? Can you hear neighbors and noise from outside? Pop looks tempting but we are have only ever stayed at WL once and our room was so quiet there. Only heard kids running in the hall once.[/Q

We were there in June and had a corner room on the backside of the 60's building, never heard anyone. It was peacful and near the lake which was quiet too. I suppose the rooms on the Hippy Dippy pool could get loud but even when we have had pool view rooms they have been quiet.

I like them all! My favorite value resort is the Movies because of the theme! I like POP because it takes me back to my childhood years! This place is fun, it has more things going on. It's nice that you have AoA across the bridge so you can see their grounds and you can eat at their food court. It's nice that it only has one bus stop, no sharing with any resorts. I would go either with POP or Movies. :)

I have stayed as ASMovies and it was just so-so for me. That was even before I stayed at Pop. I think the only time I could say I feel that Pop is crowded is at 8am in the food court, but, hey, what do you expect? Everyone needs to eat before their full days at the Park.

I don't feel that the grounds are crowded at all. I can understand what a previous posted said about concrete, there is alot of pathways and there are lesser trees but they are there. Some of the rooms facing the lake will give you a cozy and away from it all feel.

And yes, it's great that Pop is just across the bridge from AoA. We were there in June and walked over to check out AoA and ate in their food court twice. The whole resort wasn't open yet so there weren't any crowds. We had breakfast there to avoid the crowds at Pop. Might not be the same now that all the wings are opening/opened.

And yes, it's great that Pop is just across the bridge from AoA. We were there in June and walked over to check out AoA and ate in their food court twice. The whole resort wasn't open yet so there weren't any crowds. We had breakfast there to avoid the crowds at Pop. Might not be the same now that all the wings are opening/opened.

When we stayed at the Poly, we ate at all 3 monorail resorts, we loved the variety! Our upcoming trip, we will be paying, and unfortunately do not have the unlimited budget my parents had, and we are looking at a value this time around - the option to just walk to AoA really appeals to me. That way, there is more options!! Plus I think our kids would love the decor at AoA (without paying the rates to stay there)

We have stayed at all of the value resorts and like ASMo the best. It is smaller and there is less walking to and from the food court/bus stop. As far as sharing buses we just returned from our trip and only a few times did we share buses with the other All Stars. Yes Pop buses only pick up Pop guests but the resort is so big the buses are always crowded and sometimes we had to wait for a second bus. With ASMo you can walk over to Music and Sports and check them out. I think all the hotels now have movies at the pool at night and things going on at the pool all day for the kids.

Pop Century

it has a lake
you can see Epcot fireworks (higher ones only)
one of the better food courts
the singing and dancing CM
love gift shop
has a nicer arcade
and the best - the CM here really try their best to make it special for you

I've never stayed at Pop, so I can't say if you're right or wrong, but to your last point... I don't think that's specific to Pop. We stayed at All Star Movies last year and couldn't have been happier with the service from the CMs we met.

I stayed at Pop last summer 2011 and loved it! I can't think of anything to complain about except the room I agreed to take(to be next to family) at the pool was for a handicaped person. I said well I waited all this time to come to disney and I don't even have a bathtub and my beds on the floor! LOL! But...it was my own choice. LOL! The food was good. We were by the pool but not on ground level and noise didn't bother us. But I am used to children. We loved being near the food court! It made it so easy to get our refills! This fall we are staying at All Sports and I hope I don't regret it. Pop wasn't available when I made reservations but now it is for only about $35 dollars more. I just hate to fool with my reservations this close to going and not sure they would change them. I stayed at All sports years ago and it wasn't finished. We could order from the food court but there wasn't any where to sit. LOL! So it will be interesting to see it now! I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter