Odds of being upgraded

Out of that 7% I would say a majority of them are for 1 or 2 night stays. I've had CMs tell me that is your greatest chance. Both times we were upgraded they were 1 night stays.

Our biggest upgrade was actually on an 8 night stay (upgraded from garden view to CL at Poly). I was stunned/shocked and :banana: when the CM pulled gold keys out. I didn't think there was a chance in woohoo of getting upgraded on a longer stay like that.

9/1- but that one was a doozy! We were moved from POP to AKL for New Years Eve due to overbooking!

Several posters have reported this in the past. IIRC, it happened at both value and mod resorts. The only explanation given was that there was unexpected unavailability. If you look very closely at the Terms and Conditions, you are only guaranteed a room. Not necessarily the category of room that you have paid for. In those circumstances, I'd be asking to for a transfer to another resort at the very least.

Exactly! Id be highly upset!

7/4

Our snazziest upgrade was from a regular GV room at BC to Club Level, this was for all 7 nights of our stay. (Our parents were also upgraded to CL. They were only there for 3 nights and now have an inflated idea of what Disney Deluxe offers. "No mom, you wouldn't normally have a room with food and drinks available." She complained about the lack of choices for breakfast in the lounge. :rolleyes: "But, you're not paying for... nevermind." :laughing: )

How do you get down graded??? That doesn't seen right!!!

The room category we booked and paid for was unavailable. They had to take some rooms out of inventory for "mechanical issues". Once at Beach Club we had Pool/Lagoon View booked and were downgraded to standard view. Asked about Pool/Lagoon view at Yacht Club or Boardwalk, nothing available. We were given the option of upgrading to Pool/Lagoon View Club Level but we would have had to pay around $90 more per night. So we took the downgrade to standard and received about $90 per night refund.

The other time was at POR. We booked Riverview and were downgraded to standard. This time we weren't informed that we had been downgraded. When the check-in CM showed me where our room was on the map, I didn't notice it was not a Riverview. When I went back to the front desk to inquire, they agreed we were in a standard view room and apologized, but no offer to refund the difference. When I asked, the CM started to explain why we had to be moved and there was nothing they could do. I said I understood things happen, but since we're now in a standard view room, I expect to pay standard view prices. After talking with a manager, we were given a refund of the difference.

Just trying to do some very non-scientific research here

Can you post your number of on site stays followed by number of times you have been upgraded? I am thinking this only happens 5-10% of the time. No need to write where/when/type of upgrade

I will start

7/1 Our upgrade was due to a room not being ready. We arrived later in the evening and were given a room (POFQ, GV). When we entered, the room was not cleaned or made up. I went back to the desk and told them and was asked to wait for a few minutes while they checked what was available. I did not ask for anything other than a clean room. They upgraded us to a 2nd floor river view that was on the corner. The views at dawn and dusk were awesome! The manager certainly added some pixie dust to make up for the mistake.

90+ / 1 upgrade due to a problem with the room assigned and no other availability

40-50 Stays
0 Upgrades
1 Downgrade (All Star Sports Preferred Room to Standard $ Difference Refunded)
1 Offered BCV Studio to BC (don't know if that is an upgrade or not, didn't take it)

Based on my crude math, I have 643 stays, 63 upgrades at WDW (did not factor in the 1 part for DLR)

9.7% I would never expect to get an upgrade, but nice to see that percentage. I am also amazed at folks who have stayed 25, 50, 90+ times. Wow! :)
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter