**@@** October 6th, 2007 Magic**@@**

jenschaef1 said:
Cindy,
I checked the other thread today and indeed she did rebook for 10/6/07 :thumbsup2. Someone else from 9/30 rebook also??
Jennifer

Jen-
Oh good to hear Shirley booked too! There are a few other people that rebooked but I can't remember who exactly. Remember the friends we met on board that were next to us? They are the ones who rebooked with us.

Lori-

Of course I don't mind that you added us, in fact, thank you! I know on our last thread one of the members made an excel file and then posted a link to it. How he did that though, I have no idea. Sorry I can't help more.

We had a pretty good amount of face time with some board members. We dined next to to different families that were board members. It was totally by coincidence but worked out well. If we didn't see them much, we knew that we would always see each other at dinner. We also tried to meet at sailaway party. Not everyone showed or if they did, they didn't identify themselves. Many board members from our thread ordered shirts or wore neon green so that they were easily identifiable.

I also wanted to add that we are on for APL/second seating this time. That lands us in Lumiere's for formal and semi and Parrot Cay for Pirate night. I LOVE that rotation.

Cindy

WOW A flurry on new cruisers!! WELCOME!! YAYAY!!!
Cant wait to get to know you all better!!!

Lori... I quoted your list and stuck it in the first post of this thread, not an Excel thingy, but workable..... Yes?? I can just keep quoting you or take over the list..... (hoping you say please quote me) :-)

INTEREST SURVEY:

On your last cruise, how much contact did you have with other DISboard members?

On our 3 day cruise there were 6 or 7 of us that posted... we made door signs and such... We also had plans to meet at the sail away, but due to a bomb scare no passengers were allowed to enter the terminal until very late... they had to postpone the lifeboat drill and everything... made for a very rushed cruise... BUT the time we did spend together was WONDERFUL!! All very nice people. 3 day cruises are soooooo rushed. Hard to do everything you want to do AND hang out and chat with new friends.... I do really look forward to spending time with all of you.

As I always say.... Why talk to strange strangers when you can talk with weird ones.

ANyone else thinking about trying for the 6pm dinner... Not my favorite rotation, but the timing seems like it would work the best with shore excurisions/ formal night and such.... I know my DH would flip a lid, if we did late dinner which I know works for some of you... just hoping there are some looking at Early dinner too...

Sweet - more folks from the Valley of the Sun!

Looks to be (just guessing, don't want to look back and count) at least 19 of us so far.

Hello all! We are also booked for the Oct 6, 2007. The count down has begun at our house!!! We are cat. 6 - family of 4

Me- Shirley
DH - Bobby
DS8 - Trenton
DD5 - Emily
Although they will be 9 and 6 by that time!!!

Had a great cruise this Oct - hope we get good weather two years in a row!

Shirley

It seems we have been invaded by Arizona!! :::waves to everyone:::

:cool1:

I cant wait!

Just read that 2008 cruises will open up next month sometime AND yet another rumor aobut 2 new DCL ships to hit the waters in 2010... I also thought I read something about Pirate night being changed to a different night??? whew!

As much as I am tempted to book a cruise in 2008, it is killing me that we cant get to WDW for any extended period of time next year because of the Oct 2007 cruise.... but I know the cruise will be worth it.... still we are kind of sad about not hanging out in the World.....

This time around DH and want to try Palo! Have any of you eatten there? We are thinking at least a Dinner and maybe the brunch, as I have read the brunch is devine. We only have like 200 days to figure it all out... how in the world will I do it! :rotfl2:

Ok... since most of us have kids....

What are you kids dressing up for on Halloween?

I have A fashion prison girl (dd5) A devil Girl (dd7) and a Red power Ranger (ds3) and if the weather is decent, I will wear my Pirate costume from our last cruise....

Hi everyone may I join?

I just got off the wonder this past sunday w/ dh and dd, our first Disney cruise. We rebooked for 10/06/07 western, can't wait! Dd will be 17 months old during the cruise hope it goes as well as last week did.

BTW- we live in Nashville, TN

I look forward to meeting everyone. :)

Michelle

Hi Michelle! Welcome! So glad you found us!

We dont talk much... well this thread is 9 pages long, but it took a long time to get here! As the Cruise date gets closer I am sure we will all be gabbing much more.

Laurabearz said:
It seems we have been invaded by Arizona!! :::waves to everyone:::

:cool1:

I cant wait!

Just read that 2008 cruises will open up next month sometime AND yet another rumor aobut 2 new DCL ships to hit the waters in 2010... I also thought I read something about Pirate night being changed to a different night??? whew!

This time around DH and want to try Palo! Have any of you eatten there? We are thinking at least a Dinner and maybe the brunch, as I have read the brunch is devine. We only have like 200 days to figure it all out... how in the world will I do it! :rotfl2:

Ok... since most of us have kids....

What are you kids dressing up for on Halloween?

I have A fashion prison girl (dd5) A devil Girl (dd7) and a Red power Ranger (ds3) and if the weather is decent, I will wear my Pirate costume from our last cruise....

Ok to answer some of your questions....

Yes, the rumor is true, there are 2 more disney ships in the works. We were informed of this from our concierge on this last cruise. They say they are a good 5 years away from sailing but at least we know it is true! Why are they changing pirate night? To what? I haven't heard that one...

Yes, you MUST go to Palo! Do dinner and brunch-high tea you can skip. I have to say that it is the best brunch I have ever had. Delicioso! Book it as soon as you are able though, it fills up quick!

My kids are going to be: DD (5) Ariel-little Mermaid, of course! and DS (10) is a bleeding reaper thingy. It's gross but it's what he wanted. No more Disney costumes for him...sniff sniff :sad1:
Cindy

#1 Minnie Lover said:
Hi everyone may I join?

I just got off the wonder this past sunday w/ dh and dd, our first Disney cruise. We rebooked for 10/06/07 western, can't wait! Dd will be 17 months old during the cruise hope it goes as well as last wek did.

BTW- we live in Nashville, TN

I look forward to meeting everyone. :)

Michelle

Welcome, welcome, Michelle. Congrats on your first Disney sailing. Now your gonna be hooked! pirate:
Cindy

My family and I will be joining you from Chandler, Arizona on the October 6th Western Cruise. This will be our first Cruise. There will be four of us (DH, DS7, DD5, and I) in adjoining rooms 6016 and 6018.

We are very excited about our first Disney Cruise :yay:

Bridget Hayes

HayesFamily said:
My family and I will be joining you from Chandler, Arizona on the October 6th Western Cruise. This will be our first Cruise. There will be four of us (DH, DS7, DD5, and I) in adjoining rooms 6016 and 6018.

Bridget Hayes

Hello - you are up and running. I am glad you found us!!! Emily is excited to have you join us!!!
Shirley Lenz
Chandler AZ

Cool Beans More people!!!

Did everyone survive Haloween? My kids had a blast! My Three year old thinks Halloween is the best... dress up, knock on door and everyone gives you candy!! 3 yo heaven!! lol

Thanks for the welcome, YES, I am HOOKED! :)

Halloween was ok.... I was all excited and dress dd up in her winnie the pooh costume, she sat on the couch and started to cry. I thought she was over heated so I changed her clothes and she fell asleep at 5:00pm. This was mine and dh's first Halloween as parents, how exciting, lol. She is only 6 months so maybe she will stay up later next year.

Did everyone else have fun?

We had a blast - in a neighborhood that went all out - blocked off the street, haunted house, carnival games... My kids loved it!

Don't worry about your little one - we all have Halloween memories like that! In a few years it will be a fond and funny memory. When my DS was 3 he wanted Eeyore. IT was the first year he got to choose a costume and could put it on himself.... Well, when it came down to it - he refused to wear it (someone might see him LOL) We trick-or Treated with him holding the costume in his hands (so people could tell he reallly was ready for candy) I was mortified that year - now it is a favorite Halloween memory!

Shirley

PS Welcome to all the new families on the Dis and on the cruise!!!!

Oh Minnie! She sounds so cute... well except for the crying part... ((hugs))

My kids are the perfect ages... 7,5,3. We only were out for about an hour (chilly here) but then the 7 and 5 year olds took turns handing out the candy... My 5 yo even said she liked that better than trick or treating!!!

I used to go all out.... dressing up... hitting the party's.... then I had kids... Now all my fun it put into decorating the house.... which I love! I always hit the sales today and tomrrow looking for 50% OFF things to add to our front porch for next year.

Although this year I splurged and bought the 3 hitching hiking ghosts from Disneyshopping.com. I LOVE THEM!!!!

Ok... off to clean!

Hello to all fellow cruisers!

Brand new to the Dis Board!

We are another family cruising on 10/6/07 (8532) from Chandler, AZ!! What a small world!!

We are:
Me - Rebecca
DH - Rob
DS(11) - Jacob
DD (7) - Elizabeth

We are also traveling with 2 other families from our area as well. We can't wait!! Like you all, we're counting down the days!

Rebecca

HayesFamily said:

Bridget Hayes

Hi Bridget,
I just heard today from Shirley that you guys are booked on our same cruise. To think that Lizzie was already excited to be on the same cruise as her teacher was going to be on, but now Mr. Buttercups too? Too much excitement!!!!

Rebecca,
You found the Disboards. I was getting ready to email the link and when I logged on to forward it to you I found out you already found it!!! I am glad you have logged on! The count down has begun!!

Well I am on a spider hunt. I went outside tonight and found 4 black widows so now I am armed with bug spray and a shovel and I am on a hunt for more. They scare me!! Well, at least they are not scorpions.

Has anyone been on the Western before? This is our first Western, so any favorite stops, excursions, things to see etc. -- Please post. I love to research the places I am going and it would give me a starting place.

Shirley

Oh my! I feel like it's been forever since I posted! I have worked nonstop for the last week. Between having to get progress reports ready to send out today, planning our Jr. Beta Club convention trip and taking my son to the doctor (ruptured eardrum), I haven't had a change to sit down. My DH asked me tonight if I would work on something, to which I replied that this was the first night that I didn't have to do homework with the kids or my own, so I was simply vegging out with a Curious George movie (gets pretty wild around here, lol)

So great to see new faces! Sounds like AZ had the corner of the market on this cruise, but watch out, TN is gaining on you, lol. :goodvibes

I will update the cruise list later this weekend, I promise.

We had a great Halloween. We went to a family party on Saturday night, then went "Trunk or Treating" at a neighborhood church Sunday night, then went Trick or treating with friends on Tuesday night. Between my four boys, I bet we have 15 pounds of candy.

Once again, welcome to all the new posters! I'm excited, as I said in an earlier post, there were only about 5 or 6 of us posting on our last cruise, so I'm looking forward to "knowing" more people on this cruise.

Talk to you later!
Lori P. :)

"Shirley" (It really is weird not calling you by your teacher name!)
I'm so glad I found this board too. What a cool thing!!
Good luck with those spiders....No fun. We did a western cruise for our 10th anniversary and also did that 4 day western Disney in March, 2005. The kids loved the dolphin encounter. Grown ups liked the snorkel/beach party mini booze cruise!! We'll definitely have to chat more as it gets closer!
Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter