**@@** October 6th, 2007 Magic**@@**

I AM in Hilton Head, but never far from the internet! :rotfl2:

Big kids at pool with daddy... the boy hanging in the room about to fall asleep, so I am taking advantage of the down time and DISing.....

Glad to see som both old and new faces here. The more the merrier!!

I just made a BIG payment on the cruise... I know it is far in advance, but I want to widdle it down way before the cruise so I can start saving for all the photos and excurisions we are going to do.

Ok... off to lay next to my boy and get him down for a bit!

Laura, you are too funny. Reminds me of when we went to Gulf Shores, AL one summer. We were all in the condo, and I was having internet withdrawals. (This was the time that the last Harry Potter came out, so I was dying to see what all my DISfriends thought of the ending)

I left everyone napping and spent a glorious two hours at this little coffee house...drinking coffee and surfing the net...what a way to spend my time at the beach, lol. :surfweb: :goodvibes

I'll be glad when I can officially start saving for my cruise. I just have to get that stupid card paid off. What I did last time was put my deposit down and then I didn't pay anymore off until the deadline. I put it all into an INGdirect account and made quite a bit in interest.

As far as excursions, I don't have a clue in the world what we might be interested in. There was one involving riding horses and seeing some ruins, but I don't know if all my boys will be old enough. Heck, I'm not even sure I could ride a horse... :crazy: You think they'd let me take a moped, lol :moped:

I'll be honest, I'm just lazy and the idea of just hanging out on the boat sounds appealing to me...Maybe I'll change my mind as I read up on the excursions, I'm just not the adventurous type. Reading, doing math problems and surfing the net are three of my favorite activities. Sounds kind of sad when you list it out like that, lol.

Well, I'm going to run. Talk to you guys later!!!

Lori P. :)

Busy week? :)

Hope you all have a great weekend. I think we're taking the boys downtown to play in the fountains down by the carousel and then going to the drive-in. They are showing Pirates II and Cars. Later!

We just got back from HHi today... drove 1000 miles in 2 days and I am tired! Sad be be home, but OH SO HAPPY to be OUT OF THE CAR!!

I think the age requirement is at least 8... if not 12, for the horseback riding...

Me I am wondering what the min. age for the banana boat at CC is..... :rotfl2:

Ok, off to catch up on EMAIL... I might DIS and play games while on vacation, I draw the line at answering EMAIL... lol

Laura,
Glad you made it home safe and sound.

I would love to go on a vacation right now...BY MYSELF!!! My kids are driving me absolutely nuts. I feel like the world's biggest failure as a parent. They seem to be fighting quite a bit. I never can understand why one of them can't walk by another without nudging or hitting them. ARRGGHHH!!!

Sorry, just venting. I guess it's just been a yucky week so far. My DS6 broke the screen on my laptop. It just made me sick. It's my favorite thing that I own and I do everything on it. I did a really bad thing tonight. I went to the Apple website and ordered a new MacBook for myself. My DH is going to be a little perturbed, but I "need" a new one before school starts. (I was able to get him a free IPOD Nano by buying it, think that'll make a difference?)

Well, thanks for letting me vent a little. I think I'm going to put the kids to bed, put Live 365 on the computer and just surf the DIS until my brain falls out, lol.

Talk to you guys later!

momm2four said:
I never can understand why one of them can't walk by another without nudging or hitting them. ARRGGHHH!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So true!!!!

Our power was out last night.. just came back on this morning.... boy it was hard to sleep without a fan blowing.... lol

I have to re wash the load that was in the dryer.. all wrinkled since it stopped mid way thru the cycle.... ugh

Ok... must feed the kids.. lol

Good morning!

I was reading yesterday about the cruise ship that had the accident. That is really scary. Can you even imagine being in a pool and all of a sudden, all of the water and YOU are being dumped out?!? It's a wonder that noone went overboard. If it went 45 degrees, couldn't someone have fallen if they had been standing at the rail? I'm glad it wasn't more serious than it could have been.

Gonna run...just wanted to say hi (and keep us off the last page, lol). I promised myself I would clean my room from top to bottom today (even under my bed...shudder...)

Hey Everyone! Been a while since we all touched base!

Summer is just FLYING around here.... can beleive is is AUGUST already! WHEW!

It has been hot and steamy here.... thank goodness for the pool. I think my freckles have freckles and I almost look tan... well splotchy tan is what freckles do best....

About once a week I pop over to the cruise boards to read.... torture pure torture! I cant wait until we are able to book Palo and excruisions!!!!! less than a year for that though... :rotfl2:

TOmorrow my new Kindergartener gets her SHOTS!!! Poor thing... I dont think I should have told her about it until tomorrow morning, but I blabbed... She will get to pick where we go and eat dinner and I need to pick up a little something (toy) to ease the pain.

Ahhhhhhhh I will miss summer. I am truely diggin waking up late. Soon though I have to crack the whip about bedtime or the first week of school will be way to grumpy for me!

Hope everyone is doing well....

WOOT!

412 days left... time is zooming by!

Counting down the days until school here. Everyone is excited. I will be thankful for more of a routine again. Summer is great, but I am running out of ideas!

Hope all is going well with everyone.....

I cannot believe that it's been over a month since I've posted on this thread. Actually, I can believe it. We (teachers), started back on August 4, and the students came back on the 14th. It has been one thing after another since then. OH MY GOODNESS, the first two weeks of school are BUSY!!!

This summer, the cruise was foremost in my mind quite a bit of the time, but since school started, I haven't thought of it hardly at all. I was thinking this week that this time next year, I'll be getting ready to leave!!! :)

Well, I'm about to fall asleep, so I'm going to sign off, just wanted to say hi! Hope everyone is having a good school year so far.

My count down thingy is not working today... but I think we are really really close to the 400 day mark.

Looking back I started this thread at 590ish days out :rotfl2:

1/3 of the way there :lmao:

2 more 'sets' of 200 to go Woot!

But even better.... we are 30ish days away from MNSSHP, Food & Wine, and my birthday! YAYAY

Ok off to bed. This getting up early is rough....

Oh my! Count downs working and I was Right! 400 days!

Anyone else still out there?

My guess is in another 2-3 months more people will start booking and we can get the partying rolling again!

I'm here, but between my teaching responsibilities and my children's schedules, I'm just not posting very much.

I have one son playing football, one playing soccer and one playing football, not to mention one of them is also doing cross country at his elem. school. They also want to participate in the school's chess club and chorus, which meets before school. They started a new elem. school this year, and there are so many activities to choose from, and my 9 year old wants to do them ALL!

My countdown clock says 399 days and so many hours. I know it's really 400 das but 399 just looks better, lol.

I think you're right about more people. I bet once we get under a year, we'll start seeing more crusiers.

Talk to you later!

Hello Everybody!

My family and I will be joining you on this MAGICAL cruise in 2007.
We are also Disney Vacation Club members whose home resort is the Boardwalk. We are going to the Boardwalk the week after Thanksgiving this year and the cruise will be our Disney fix for next year.
This will be our third Disney cruise in six years and our second western in a row. We loved strolling around Key West and never did get to go to Cozumel due to hurricane dammage after that really nasty hurricane last October so we decided to do the western again. There will be four of us and we are staying in room #8074 which is the same room we had last time. We will be able to find our room because it will be the one with the Mets magnets on the door. We are really big Mets fans so hopefully we will be able to watch a few playoff games somewhere on the ship next October. I have two Sunday season tickets to the games at Shea Stadium and it is 100 miles of traveling each way so you know I'm a die hard. Looking forward to attending a few games at Shea this October as well. Can't wait to meet you all next year.
Here is my starting line up for October 6, 2007...

DH (myself)46 John
DW 43 Tami
DS 19
DD 9 (my princess)

My soon to be 19 y.o. son has down syndrome and I can't say enough about the way the Disney Cast Members have gone out of their way to make our cruises with them extra special. He actually was allowed to be with the
10 - 12 year old group last year and had the time of his life. We had a hard time getting him out of the club for dinner! There were plenty of tears when we had to pick him up from his club for the last time. We hope he will be allowed to be with this group again next year. It's not often that my wife and I can get a chance to really relax knowing that he is in such good hands and is only a beep of my pager away. That pager system they use is terrific.
Like I said earlier, looking forward to our cruise in 2007 and a chance
to meet you all. Zoop :cool1:

Glad you can join us! We are from Long Island and my husband is a huge mets fan as well. We gave up our package a couple years ago because two little kids at the games was a little chaotic (one was manageable two was insanity) My husband says the Mets are doing well because we don't have a package anymore! Next year though we will get a package again.

My older one is starting kindergarten tommorrow...When we cruise they will be 6.5 and almost 4.

Once again welcome.

Zoop! Love the screenname!! Welcome!!

We are truely a gaggle now!

I used to work with special need young adults, it was the most rewarding work I did in my younger days. Good to hear that DCL is accomindating to his needs. :-)

We are 30 days away from the 1 year mark.... (we will arrive at WDW on the 5th... lol) I am very excited about the cruise, even though it is so far away.

Cant wait to have my napkin placed on my lap, and someone else cutting my kids meat.... rofl

We are getting into the school routine here. Next week the boy (3) starts preschool.... he is ready, but he doesnt know it yet. Next week should be interesting.

Ok that's it for me for now.....

YAYAY More cruisers! WOOT!

Yeahhh!!! Another cruiser!!! :cool1:

Here's the lastest cast list: (Ages are current. Let me know if I made a boo-boo or if one of your children has a birthday)

1) Laurabearz (Laura) Room 8516

-DH (Tom) from Chicago, IL
-DD (6)
-DD (5)
-DS (3)

2) lildeb724 (Debbie) Room 8032

-DH (David) From Long Island,NY
-DD (5)
-DS (2.5)

-Brother (David) (Cat. 5 somewhere )
-SIL (Cori)

-Friend (Tom) Room 8034
-Friend (Mary)
-DD8
-DD2.5
-DS(soon to be born)

3) momm2four (Lori) Rooms 7006/7008

-DH (David) From Chattanooga, TN
-DS (10)
-DS (9)
-DS (6)
-DS (5)
-my mom Room 7004
-my step-dad

4) married2grumpy

-DH
-DD (9) (I estimated your children's ages based on their ages at the time of
-DD (7) the cruise)
-DS (6)
-MIL (maybe)

5) bamagirl@hrt (Christy) Room 2106

-DH From Maryville, TN
-DD9
-DS6

6)Zoop (John) Room 8074

-DW (Tami) from Deep River, CT
-DS19
-DD9

Looks GREAT!

Great list!!! We are from Chicago :-) And the ages of our kids are their current ages, they will be 8, 6, and 4 on the cruise...

The boy and I went to his preschool open house today.... He seemed to like it. I hope he feels the same way Monday!

I hope he likes preschool. My son seems to like kindergarten okay. My first grader is a little different. Every night, when I ask him to get his clothes for the next day, he informs me that he won't be going to school the next day because he's going to be sick. When I tell him that he's fine and he can go to school, he tells me, "Okay, don't blame me if I get my behavior clip moved."
Once he gets there, I guess he's okay b/c he seems excited about the day when I pick him up.

We're almost to the year mark everybody!!!

He did 'ok' in camp this summer.... I bit of crying and a few days they had to take him from me..... but he settled down after a bit... And the preschool is in the same building as Camp, so there is familairity working for me.....

I have also been talking to him about picking the girls up from school, and how we need to be on time.... And that is what mommy's do... they take their big kids to school and then always come back and pick them up. But first they get story time, and snack time and time to say hi to Murtle the Turtle.... new friends to come to his birthday party.... rofl... Oh yeah, I am working ALL the angles. LOL

Ok off to pack up his little bag....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter