October 4, 2012 - Mr Sandman bring me a 3 night Dream!

I have more questions for the experienced Disney cruisers.......

1) If I choose a 1pm port arrival time, am i looking at a long, short or average wait time to board the ship?
You should be able to board right away (unless there is a delay in boarding the ship, which rarely happens). We typically arrive around noon, and are boarding by the time we have completed check-in. Even if you arrive a bit before 1 p.m. you should have no problems getting on pretty quick after checking in.

2) For the rotating restaurants, is it okay if I wear capris and a nice blouse and DH wears dress shorts and a polo shirt or do we need to be dressier?
This should be fine in the dining rooms. DCL requests no tanks, flips (as in swimwear type flips...dressy flips are ok), or cutoffs. I have no problem with folks wearing nice shorts or jeans. In fact, those look better than some of the other outfits I have seen! :rotfl:

3) my mother has recently started using a motorized scooter, because of difficulties she has walking, if she brings it on ship, is there enough space in their inside stateroom to park it?
How many people will be in their stateroom? It definitely will be a tight squeeze, but if it's just one or two, and they do not plan to spend much time in the room, they might be ok with it. The other question would be if the scooter will actually fit through the doorway. Depending on it's size, it may not. Call DCL and ask what the options will be. As a previous poster stated, they may want to consider an HA stateroom.

Thanks
Dawn

My answers to your questions are above, in blue!

We were at Port Orleans this past weekend, so not sure when this happened but...my Castaway Club was finally added to our reservation! :yay: A bit late for check-in and port adventure booking purposes, but that ended up not being a concern. I will get my returning cruiser gifts, no questions asked...and my shopping discount (which I have really been looking forward to ever since Gold membership has been within reach!).

Still waiting on my FE from GradysMommy, but I believe she was on vacation when I actually ordered it, so that put her behind I'm sure. I figure if it's not here within the next month, I will give her a holler. And I'm working on gifts! ;)

Hey all!

We are quickly closing in on our cruise date!
bliss.gif

Having said that, we need to go ahead and set a cut-off date for the FE since folks may be crafting gifts (which take time) or just even putting them together which also takes some time. I'm going to go ahead and set the cut-off date as 8/4, this Saturday...the two month mark. This certainly does not mean others cannot join in late - what has always worked in the past for our cruises is any latecomers can join in with those who may have extras to share. They would get a list with only those folks who can squeeze them in. How does that sound with everyone? Thoughts?

I keep thinking I have all the time in the world to still get ready for our cruise - I can't believe it really isn't that much time at all!

Good morning everyone! I just booked this sailing for our family today. Its a surprise. We are spending some time at WDW prior to and also doing the 4 day sailing right before, so I guess essentially this will be a back to back for us. Making this our second Disney cruise. I have just discovered Disboards and have done a lot of reading on both of the roll calls. I see you are getting ready to set a cut off for FE...we would like to be included, of course because I am a newbie it won't let me pm, so if we haven't reached the cutoff could we be included? Once you let me know I see there was a link to an email that I could send our family info to.
I still need to get an actual FE, and time is running out! I believe on the earlier sailing there are about 20 participants, what are the number sitting at for this one?
I was so surprised when I spoke to the TA today to hear there was lots of space still on this sailing.

Hey all!

We are quickly closing in on our cruise date!
bliss.gif

Having said that, we need to go ahead and set a cut-off date for the FE since folks may be crafting gifts (which take time) or just even putting them together which also takes some time. I'm going to go ahead and set the cut-off date as 8/4, this Saturday...the two month mark. This certainly does not mean others cannot join in late - what has always worked in the past for our cruises is any latecomers can join in with those who may have extras to share. They would get a list with only those folks who can squeeze them in. How does that sound with everyone? Thoughts?

I keep thinking I have all the time in the world to still get ready for our cruise - I can't believe it really isn't that much time at all!

That sounds great for me. I have almost finished making my F.E gifts but have made a few spare just in case!

Not long now:dance3:

My hubby Judy surprised me with this cruise for my 40th bday and our 10 year anniversary. Can't wait. We are going without the kids this time. Is anyone organizing an FE exchange? We'd love to be a part of it. :)

irisheyes17 said:
My hubby Judy surprised me with this cruise for my 40th bday and our 10 year anniversary. Can't wait. We are going without the kids this time. Is anyone organizing an FE exchange? We'd love to be a part of it. :)

Dang phone. That was supposed to be just not Judy. LOL :)

Good morning everyone! I just booked this sailing for our family today. Its a surprise. We are spending some time at WDW prior to and also doing the 4 day sailing right before, so I guess essentially this will be a back to back for us. Making this our second Disney cruise. I have just discovered Disboards and have done a lot of reading on both of the roll calls. I see you are getting ready to set a cut off for FE...we would like to be included, of course because I am a newbie it won't let me pm, so if we haven't reached the cutoff could we be included? Once you let me know I see there was a link to an email that I could send our family info to.
I still need to get an actual FE, and time is running out! I believe on the earlier sailing there are about 20 participants, what are the number sitting at for this one?
I was so surprised when I spoke to the TA today to hear there was lots of space still on this sailing.

Yes, information can be emailed to me...cutoff is tomorrow, 8/4. Right now we are at 10 cabins participating (with 20 adults, and 8 children).

Please PM (or email to me at iloverags2@aol.com) the following:
Guest Names, along with identifier (DW, DH, DS, DD, BFF, etc. - please add age for children)
Stateroom Number
Email address (so I can send the list out to all participants!)
Notes (such as celebrating anything, allergies, medical conditions, etc.)

Thanks!

akheila said:

Welcome! My daughter (8) and I will also be doing a b2b with the Sept. 30th cruise. They will be our 4th and 5th cruises, our first on one of the newer ships.

there's a lot of buzz in this house right now about this adventure! The countdown certainly has started!

Eek!

It's so close! Times just getting away from me. Haven't got\made an FE, only got one item to put in my little baggies. Errm, haven't made the baggies!

I'll get it all together though... :)

Oh, the item I've got right now is more of a 'souvenir' item. I'm going to give it to everyone including the kids but the parents might want to put it aside for when they are older. :)

Hello everyone!! DH, me, DD (5) and my mom will be on this cruise. DH just decided to change up out Disney World trip to part cruise!!

I'm making my way thru the thread, but did we miss the FE cut off?

Eek!

It's so close! Times just getting away from me. Haven't got\made an FE, only got one item to put in my little baggies. Errm, haven't made the baggies!

I'll get it all together though... :)

Oh, the item I've got right now is more of a 'souvenir' item. I'm going to give it to everyone including the kids but the parents might want to put it aside for when they are older. :)

I feel so far behind as well! My FE still has not arrived, and I still need to pick up a thing or two. Thankfully I finished the crafty piece this weekend, and I did make up the graphics for the tags.

As for door magnets, I think those are done (unless I continue to find cute pictures and graphics!).

Less than two months!
bliss.gif

Hello everyone!! DH, me, DD (5) and my mom will be on this cruise. DH just decided to change up out Disney World trip to part cruise!!

I'm making my way thru the thread, but did we miss the FE cut off?

Hi! Welcome aboard!

The FE cutoff has indeed passed, but if you are interested in a small FE I can add you to a list for those who have extra goodies to hand out (I do...I tend to overbuy :rolleyes1). Let me know if you are interested in doing this.

Hi! Welcome aboard!

The FE cutoff has indeed passed, but if you are interested in a small FE I can add you to a list for those who have extra goodies to hand out (I do...I tend to overbuy :rolleyes1). Let me know if you are interested in doing this.

Sounds great!! I sent you an email with our info.

We will be spending some time at WDW before the cruise, too. We are staying at CBR. Anyone else running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler or going to the Not So Scary Halloween party Sunday night?

We will be at disney prior to our sailings. We are staying at CBR with friends who are doing the ToT run. We are only able to do the not so scary on the friday. We are also on the Sept 30 dream sailing.

Sounds great!! I sent you an email with our info.

We will be spending some time at WDW before the cruise, too. We are staying at CBR. Anyone else running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler or going to the Not So Scary Halloween party Sunday night?
Awesome you are getting a chance to spend a few nights at WDW! Will you be running the Castaway Cay 5K as well? I probably will not this time around since Becky is not a runner. Not sure I can talk her into walking it either. ;)

I haven't searched yet, but are there any generic graphics done for this cruise?
No graphics for this particular cruise, although I have a few of my own that have the dates and such added. Will email those to you.

We will be at disney prior to our sailings. We are staying at CBR with friends who are doing the ToT run. We are only able to do the not so scary on the friday. We are also on the Sept 30 dream sailing.
Cool! I really love MNSSHP. Hmmmmm...maybe we should consider doing that...oh, my wheels are spinning now!

Just realized...we will probably have a PremEAR at sea!!! Frankenweenie comes out October 5th, which means it should be a midnight showing on the 4th! Woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter