October 30, 2005 4 night Wonder

Hi everyone. We will be leaving tomorrow morning at 6:00 so....right now I'm frantically trying to pack and get everything together. I have printed the cabin list for the trick or treat and I have just re-read the past posts. I just want to confirm that we are meeting on Sunday at 3:30 on deck 10 and that the trick or treat will be on Monday at 3:30. What are we going to do just have everyone go t or t ing on their own starting at 3:30? Sorry to ask so many questions but while this is my second Disney cruise it's our first Halloween cruise.

Also, I'm glad that all of you who were in the storms path made it through okay. Too bad about the damage to Castaway Cay. Last year they had to change our cruise itinerary to give them an extra day to clean up Castaway Cay from a hurricane that had just been through. Since it was my first time there I really didn't see any damage but I know that some of the veterans were saying that they could really tell.

See you all on Sunday.

I am getting really excited!! We leave tomorrow at noon. We will be going to Mickeys Not So Scarry Halloween on friday. Then a day of shopping saturday. Then off to the boat!!! I cant wait!!

Looking forward to TT.

The weather right now in the florida panhandle is about 45. It is suppose to be warmer by sunday thou. And it normally is colder by 20 or more degrees in southern florida then it is here.

::MickeyMo

nicksmom916 - Yes to meeting on Sunday on deck 10 and yes to t-or-t at 3:30. As for details beyond the time, I don't think we decided...I guess we can talk more at the meet on Sunday.

For those leaving tomorrow - I wish you safe travels.

Good Morning to anyone who hasn't left yet! Still only on-line at work. FPL now says that they should have our power back on by the 15th of November :confused3

We're having a decorating contest here at work and our department is doing a movies theme so our section decided on Pirates of the Caribbean! pirate: I made a 12 X 15 fabric treasure map (I impressed myself with that one!) and one of the other people made a 12 foot long, 1/2 of the Black Pearl, complete with tattered black sails & a skeleton walking the plank! I got a fantastic set of large, old keys off of eBay that are now hanging from a stuffed dog's mouth, teasing the "prisioners" in our cubes. Quite a contrast to the group next to us that is doing the Wizard of Oz. We figured that we should be able to fit their Munchkins into our cannons :goodvibes

Getting ready to walk out the door!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc See you guys on Sunday!! I'm off to go Trick or Treat with Mickey tomorrow night!!

YAY - POWER IS BACK ON ! ! ! :Pinkbounc

We were getting ready to head out to another night on my parent's sofa bed and noticed that there were alarms going off & it looked brighter than it should have. Walked back in the door & our lights came on! Must be a sign that wer can go on our cruise & relax - the Great Mouse God has been appeased!

See y'all Sunday - deck 10, starboard side at 3:30. Remember - it's the family of 5 in matching clothes with Mom & Dad on their 2nd ( or 3rd! ) beer! :earboy2:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in the t-or-t! My kids loved it! After we were done, we went up to deck 9 and decided between the rain and the chaos that it was time to go get ready for dinner :teeth: .

THANKS AGAIN!! :flower:

Echoing the previous post -- the T or T with the DIS board families was great! My kids got their candy and got to knock on doors and shout trick or treat. When we walked upstairs we took one look around and decided to skip the chaos and go back to the room to eat our candy.

Hope you all enjoyed our "spooky" door! (The one with the spider webbing and the enormous spider) The kids had a blast decorating it!

Laura

We had a great time with the TorT organinzed here on the DISboard! When we saw the lines and misery on deck 9 we were so glad to have skipped that. Thanks to all of you!
We are having a hard time adjusting to the return "real life" and to the time change (we're on the west coast and the kids keep waking up at 4:30am!)

CrazyCruisingFamily said:
Echoing the previous post -- the T or T with the DIS board families was great! My kids got their candy and got to knock on doors and shout trick or treat. When we walked upstairs we took one look around and decided to skip the chaos and go back to the room to eat our candy.

Hope you all enjoyed our "spooky" door! (The one with the spider webbing and the enormous spider) The kids had a blast decorating it!

Laura

I enjoyed T or T as well, but I have a lot of candy left. I have to agree with you about the chaos on Deck 9. After the DIS-board T or T ended I went up to see what was going on on Deck 9. I found a table in a relatively quiet eddy and watched the crowd pass by.

I think I saw the spooky door. Were you on Deck 7? I was down the hall from you in 7121.

I had a great cruise. Sorry I missed the Sunday meeting.

I am already planning another trip for the same time next year.

VERY new at building a site & just figured out how to get a basic gallery up & going. I've uploaded the pictures from our digital camera & we're supposed to be getting the regular films back today so I'll try to scan & post more this weekend. Some pics are at the Raddison before the cruise & some are at DD afterwards but most are during the cruise, including some of the cabin.

Click the link & take the ride - it's
thedumboride.com

Just wanted to post here... i would like to read up on your post to see what all you guys planned. i am going on the wonder oct 29 2006 and wanted some idea for the t & T

No problem Disney will have a trick or treat but it will consist of the kids going from table to table on the pool deck and getting next to nothing as treats. What we did we saw that past cruisers had done was find people that wanted to and had them bring candy on board so the kids could go from cabin to cabin getting candy. The one thing I saw that was important was keeping your thread alive on here and also try cuisecritic.com to. Even if you just bump your thread it keeps it on the main page and easy to find. The more people you have the more fun it is but all you have to do is decide on a time to do it we did the same time as the cruise trick or treat. Just meet the first day of the cruise somewhere and set it up. If you can get someone to just get all the names and cabin numbers on paper so you know where to go. What I did was just start updating on the thread and printed it off before we left. We ended up having so much extra candy I went up on the deck where kids had been standing in line for 45 miutes waiting to get a little puzzle or spider ring. I gave all the candy that I had left out up there. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter