October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Chocolate pillows were an Epic fail. Came out more like a chocolate croissant :(
Still taste good but not a pillow. Need a dough that is inbetween croissant pastry and bread-y type. Maybe something like an eclair dough.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Good Monday Morning All!!!

The rains have pushed off and the sun is shining today! I am sorry to hear the chocolate pillows were a bust! I was really hoping they worked out! I too, love to bake! (I have also done a lot of crochet in the last year!) I guess I should also be thankful it didn't work....if it had, it would have been more time in the gym for me! LOL!

Thanks for the link for the navigators, we'll have to take a look! We too, were not too impressed with the excursions. I think I'm going to try to stick to the history side of the ports and take those excursions that enhance that.

wishing everyone a magical day! :smickey:

Good Monday Morning All!!!

The rains have pushed off and the sun is shining today! I am sorry to hear the chocolate pillows were a bust! I was really hoping they worked out! I too, love to bake! (I have also done a lot of crochet in the last year!) I guess I should also be thankful it didn't work....if it had, it would have been more time in the gym for me! LOL!

Thanks for the link for the navigators, we'll have to take a look! We too, were not too impressed with the excursions. I think I'm going to try to stick to the history side of the ports and take those excursions that enhance that.

wishing everyone a magical day! :smickey:

The dough is the hardest, I am thinking it was more of a Brioche now. I wish I had tasted one then I would know for sure but I didnt want to love something else and pack on more calories....:scared1:

My Grandmother and Great grandmother also crocheted. My mom used to do it but not anything like the grandmothers. I never learned how, heck I don't even know how sew really (don't know what happened there, but I suppose I couldn't sit still enough to learn as a girl). It is such a lost art form. I think my great grandmother did something like 100+ queen sized bedspreads in her life on top of table cloths etc.. I have some of her work, and love it.

I am going to see if there is anything on trip adviser as far as excursions to the west side. to the East we have done Cozumel and Grand Cayman before, so might just stay on board or do some shopping and that is it. I couldn't stomach another ferry ride over to the mainland from Cozumel again. We did that once and done... Although the Secret River was awesome.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Chocolate pillows were an Epic fail. Came out more like a chocolate croissant :(
Still taste good but not a pillow. Need a dough that is inbetween croissant pastry and bread-y type. Maybe something like an eclair dough.

sorry they didn't work out. a chocolate croissant still sounds good, though. :)

we've also been to cozumel and grand cayman a bunch of times, but i've never been to the west coast ports or cartegena, so i feel like i should get off the ship and explore. i haven't really heard great things, though.

sorry they didn't work out. a chocolate croissant still sounds good, though. :)

we've also been to cozumel and grand cayman a bunch of times, but i've never been to the west coast ports or cartegena, so i feel like i should get off the ship and explore. i haven't really heard great things, though.

I was looking on TA and googling things to do in the western ports and although interesting, I want to keep us away from any more inland excursions, i.e. hiking, zip line, etc.. The Zika Virus has me a bit concerned. No where near (if its even possible) thinking of a baby, but doctors still don't really know what it does to children or adults yet. I will have a 10 yo so I don't think we will be doing that.
So far it seems just the local short bus ride or walking tours are of best interest, for us.
I'm done with the Dolphin stuff too. DS's teacher had him do a project on Dolphins and now I know enough which keeps us away from that, especially in foreign ports.

Hi Everyone!

My DH, DS and I are booked to sail with you all (more details to follow because I'd like to get in on some of the previously mentioned activities) and I'm wondering if some who have sailed this cruise before might recommend activities in Cartagena for a 7 year old with ADHD. I'm thinking the hours-long tours that are currently offered will just leave us struggling with a bored, over-active child; and nobody wants that.

We have done the West Coast ports. Some of my favorites.

Both have such beautiful ocean views different than what I'm used too.

Cliffs and ocean together to me equals beautiful. We did the jeep excursion in Cabo and it was so fun and great views.

No idea what we will do yet. This time.

We gave never been to Categena or Grand Bahamas. But I think my fav will be all the sea days.

We have been to Cartegena twice. The first time we did a land tour and the highlight for me was going up the mountain to see the monastery. After there was a visit to the fort, a long walk up and back, and after that a tour of the town. There was so much traffic and so much time given to us for shopping that some of the group actually left the tour to take a taxi back to the ship.

The next time we took a harbor cruise on a "pirate" ship. That was more fun, and a shorter time period. I do not know what we will do this time.

Hello! My DH (53) and I (52) are joining you! We went on the EBPC cruise in 2015, our first DCL cruise. It was the best vacation ever! At the end of the first week, we looked at each other and said, "Just think! We have ANOTHER week of vacation left!" (We both still work FT, so getting two weeks off is a major and infrequent accomplishment.) We learned from veteran DCL cruisers that many people take this cruise annually and still others take it both ways. It's not about the ports as much as it is the relaxation and shipboard fun for them, as well as the lower per day cost for DCL cruising.

At any rate, we're excited to be enjoying this cruise again -- especially on the refurbished Wonder -- and look forward to planning with you all.

Hi All just checking in to see if anyone wants to be added to Trick or Treat, Kids Reading friendship lists? Also want to say hello to those that joined up since my last visit. Hi everyone :)

Hi everyone! My DH and I are booked on this cruise. We'll be celebrating our 20th Anniversary! Can't wait! Agree with everyone on the sea days. We did the Disney Hawaii Cruise last September and we LOVED the 5 nights at sea. Look forward to getting to know all of you!

:wave: Hi
Welcome aboard, lots of anniversaries on this one, and congrats on 20 years.

Hi everyone! My DH and I are booked on this cruise. We'll be celebrating our 20th Anniversary! Can't wait! Agree with everyone on the sea days. We did the Disney Hawaii Cruise last September and we LOVED the 5 nights at sea. Look forward to getting to know all of you!

We were on RCcL's cruise to Hawaii that left Vancouver just few days after DCCL's last September.

Congratulations on celebrating your 20th on board!

I was thinking about what to do in Cali before the cruise. I am thinking about going to Yosemite and DL.

Thanks, Belac and Bobbiwoz!

I definitely want to hit DL before the cruise. Just trying to figure out the timing because we may only have 1-2 days and I don't know if this is enough time. It would be a shame to be so close and not visit though, especially since this is on my bucket list. I guess I have plenty of time to figure this out.

This is great! Lots of people with lots of ideas!

I will edit my first post to mention all ideas, with mention of organizers and lists of interested people. As far as the candy/ snack exchange, I will not collect actual cabin numbers and information about any allergies until next summer.
We would like to do the local candy exchange.

Hi All just checking in to see if anyone wants to be added to Trick or Treat, Kids Reading friendship lists? Also want to say hello to those that joined up since my last visit. Hi everyone :)

I would be interested in the local candy exchange. I already responded for the trick or treat

As you see the list of Candy Exchange grow, do not worry about sugar overload, I do keep the groups to 6-11 cabins. You may join 2 groups if you want more. I also ask about allergies, and make notes to everyone in the particular group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter