October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

2017 is right around the corner!! I can't wait to get the cruise paid off so I can start booking extras. I had hoped for spa time, but I think all our funds will be going toward excursions. This is kind of a once in a lifetime trip, so we're going to do all the crazy, memorable things we can.

I would like to visit the Channel Island NP Visitors Center in Ventura during our stay in California before the cruise. Does anyone know how long we should plan to stay. I enjoy going to NPs, would 1/2 a day, 3-4 hours be enough time?

Has anyone been?

I would like to visit the Channel Island NP Visitors Center in Ventura during our stay in California before the cruise. Does anyone know how long we should plan to stay. I enjoy going to NPs, would 1/2 a day, 3-4 hours be enough time?

Has anyone been?

I live not to far from the Ventura Harbor. Please excuse my ignorance, but does NP stand for National Park? I have been to the harbor but, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. I would love to help you out in any way that I can.

Has anyone been?

I live not to far from the Ventura Harbor. Please excuse my ignorance, but does NP stand for National Park? I have been to the harbor but, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. I would love to help you out in any way that I can.

Ok, I checked out what you were talking about and yes, 3-4 hours is plenty of time. I have been to the visitor's center several times and it takes, at most, 2 hours, if you are really reading and taking in EVERYTHING. They have a little movie they show that's pretty short, about 1/2 hour or so.

Any nature lover in your party will really enjoy this stop.

I see you figured out what Bobbi was talking about, so I have a question for you...We've been to Ventura for day trips and staycations, is the park Bobbi mentions any where near the Channel Islands area that is full of restaurants and shops? We usually end up there either for lunch or dinner. I think combining a trip to the NP and a meal might be a nice day trip for us.

I see you figured out what Bobbi was talking about, so I have a question for you...We've been to Ventura for day trips and staycations, is the park Bobbi mentions any where near the Channel Islands area that is full of restaurants and shops? We usually end up there either for lunch or dinner. I think combining a trip to the NP and a meal might be a nice day trip for us.

Yes, the VISITOR's Center is in the Ventura Harbor where all of the restuarants and shops are. They have a few parks around, but they are a bit further down the road.

Ok, I checked out what you were talking about and yes, 3-4 hours is plenty of time. I have been to the visitor's center several times and it takes, at most, 2 hours, if you are really reading and taking in EVERYTHING. They have a little movie they show that's pretty short, about 1/2 hour or so.

Any nature lover in your party will really enjoy this stop.
This is great news. I understand the Channel Islands themselves are off shore, and not easy to get to, so the Visitors Center is our goal. I have a National Park Passport that I have used since 1991, and have many park stamps in it. I love to look at it and remember all the beautiful places.

After our previous PC cruise, we went to Joshua Tree and Death Valley National Parks.

Bobbi

This is good to know! Any chance to meet you there on one day preceding embarkation?

Just to be clear, the Visitor Center is NOT a park, per se. It is a building with a lot displays of the different animals, some that are indigenous to the area. There is a living "pool" with sea critters and such.
And of course, the requisite "gift shop".

Just to be clear, the Visitor Center is NOT a park, per se. It is a building with a lot displays of the different animals, some that are indigenous to the area. There is a living "pool" with sea critters and such.
And of course, the requisite "gift shop".
Yes, I understand that. Visitors Centers are where the passport stamps are located, and we will watch the video. I understand there are concessions that take people on boat rides, but I am a bit fuzzy as to details. I will be calling the park itself to learn more. However, the Visitors Center itself is in our plans.

https://www.nps.gov/chis/planyourvisit/directions.htm

http://islandpackers.com/services-view/channel-islands-wildlife-cruise/

That's the website I use. Actually I now understand the boat. There is a 3 hour non landing boat ride, I'm psyched!

Yes, and you CAN take boat trips out to the different islands but, of course, that is an all day trip. We did an all girl trip once out to Anacapa. What a fun trip with 40 women!!! Good times.

And we have done the non-landing boat trips too, but we did those out of the Oxnard Harbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter