October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

Hello, Everyone. Just wanted to share something. A relative of mine was scheduled to go on a cruise overseas yesterday (not Disney). When he went to print his boarding pass the day before his flight out, he was told that he could not fly because his passport expires in 77 days. He tried that day to get to a passport office but was unable to get to one. So, he missed his cruise and lost about $1300. They have rescheduled for later this year.

So, since this is not a closed-looped cruise, passports ARE required. Make sure that your passports expire after April 11, 2018. (I'm guessing that we will need to have at least 6 months on the passports, but it could be sooner.)

But, and this is a big BUT, since we are not flying OUT of the country, we may not need as much time on our passports.

So, guess who needs to check her passport? Yep, I got mine in 2008 shortly after I got married. Going to check when exactly in 2008 that was.

Hope this helps some one out.
We have taken as many cruises from Europe as US. DCL is very good and when they log your passport into DCL system they will not take the passport if the expiration date is not at least 90 days from the day the cruise disembarks. I am surprised that whatever line they were on did not check this.

We have taken as many cruises from Europe as US. DCL is very good and when they log your passport into DCL system they will not take the passport if the expiration date is not at least 90 days from the day the cruise disembarks. I am surprised that whatever line they were on did not check this.

I know. I was surprised that he didn't find out until he went to print their boarding passes. When we booked this cruise, the cast member made it clear that passports would be needed. I don't know if they check expiration dates or not. So far, we haven't heard anything about my niece's passport which expired a couple of years ago. This will actually be her first "Adult" passport.

Hello all! :wave: I'm Maggi!

My husband Greg and I will be sailing with you! We're very excited as we have been dreaming of a Panama Canal cruise for many years. This will be our second Disney cruise, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned in Disney, celebrated our 10th at Disney and now we'll celebrate our 20th on the cruise. :love:

We had so much fun with many activities on our previous Disney cruise and I am looking forward to more of the same with this cruise. On my last cruise, I took a group Mixology class with other folks on the DisBoards and I was happy to see that someone is trying to organize one on this cruise as well. Count me in! :thumbsup2 We did the FE last time as well, but since we are flying without our DS (who is seriously bummed abut that) I'll have to see if we are up for it again. The candy exchange sounds interesting. We didn't have that but since this cruise is during Halloween - I'll have to go back through the thread and see what that's about.

Anyway, I'm starting to learn about the Wonder and what we can expect. Our last cruise was on the Fantasy for 7 days (Go big or go home, as DS said) and we really loved the ship, size and all. This time I'm looking forward to some more spa time. ;)

Anyway, nice to see/meet all of you!

My husband Greg and I will be sailing with you! We're very excited as we have been dreaming of a Panama Canal cruise for many years. This will be our second Disney cruise, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned in Disney, celebrated our 10th at Disney and now we'll celebrate our 20th on the cruise. :love:

We had so much fun with many activities on our previous Disney cruise and I am looking forward to more of the same with this cruise. On my last cruise, I took a group Mixology class with other folks on the DisBoards and I was happy to see that someone is trying to organize one on this cruise as well. Count me in! :thumbsup2 We did the FE last time as well, but since we are flying without our DS (who is seriously bummed abut that) I'll have to see if we are up for it again. The candy exchange sounds interesting. We didn't have that but since this cruise is during Halloween - I'll have to go back through the thread and see what that's about.

Anyway, I'm starting to learn about the Wonder and what we can expect. Our last cruise was on the Fantasy for 7 days (Go big or go home, as DS said) and we really loved the ship, size and all. This time I'm looking forward to some more spa time. ;)

:welcome:Maggi and Greg!

I like how you celebrate!

Hi, new to the DisBoards and this is my first attempt at posting. Hopefully, I get it right. Hubby and I will be on this cruise. This will be our second cruise ever. Our first was also on the Disney Wonder and through the Panama Canal WB this year. We were able the last Disney cruise to go through the old canal. We had so much fun, and we are looking forward to the changes that have been made to the ship. We would be interested in the FE (no clue what this was, but loved looking at all the doors), possibly pin trading (didn't take any or know about trading on the ship), and meet ups (love meeting new people). We will be taking Amtrak to San Diego to catch the ship; it worked pretty well for us when we disembarked in May.

I asked my cousin who lives near SD about this. AMTRAK runs between LA and SD and there's an option that could take you close to cruise port.

sorry, wrong post. edited to make it less messy

Last edited:
Hi all, hope everyone is well. I know it seems so far away now but i'm already thinking ahead and trying to plan! :thumbsup2

So quick question for you seasoned west coast cruisers. Do Disney do transfers from LA to San Diego? And if not, how are people planning on getting from LA to San Diego? Coming from the UK it seems the most logical option to fly into LA, and obviously spend a few days at Disneyland.

Hope everyone is well.

Anna
xx
If you are flying into LAX, and then going to spend some time at DL, I would use the DL shuttle from the airport to your hotel in Anaheim. When you are ready to go to SD, take the ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation) to the Anaheim Amtrak station. It goes to SD (there is a direct route so you don't have to change trains). The train station is 2 blocks from Pier B. That is where we disembarked the Wonder this year. It was super easy, just have to plan how much luggage you have to drag, unless you get a taxi. We will be taking the train down the day prior (26th), so we can go run around Old Town SD, and then just stay the night at the Marriott Hotel. It is right across from the B Street Pier. Hope this is a little helpful. Feel free to ask questions.

sorry, replied to wrong post, and cannot find a delete button

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out this board, and am kind of lost. I reply, and its a new thread. I would like to delete my post because its confusing, but I don't see a delete anywhere. I also cannot find a "help" tab to look how to use this board. Any help is welcomed or send me in the right direction. Please and thank you.

I am trying to figure out this board, and am kind of lost. I reply, and its a new thread. I would like to delete my post because its confusing, but I don't see a delete anywhere. I also cannot find a "help" tab to look how to use this board. Any help is welcomed or send me in the right direction. Please and thank you.

Hello, and welcome!!!

I will try to help you but I am so not tech savvy. What is it that you are trying to delete? I don't think you can delete your quote per se, but you can edit it and delete that way. I'm sure someone more aware than I will jump in to help out.

But, in the meantime, we too took the Amtrak down to San Diego and are thinking about doing it for this trip. I am just trying to figure out if we want to go to Disneyland first or go straight to San Diego.

Hi, Maggi!!! This is SO cool! We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and we too honeymooned at Disney World followed by a Disney cruise. Our 5th anniversary was spent at Disneyland followed by the Disney Pixar cruise, and now our 10th anniversary will be on a cruise that we have been dying to go on. And, on our last cruise in April/May of this year, we too took a mixology class set by fellow cruisers, but not Disboarders. So, I am very glad to be setting up mixology classes for this trip. AND finally, our last cruise in May was also on the Fantasy.

I am so looking forward to getting to know everyone. Let's have some fun, folks.

Hi, Maggi!!! This is SO cool! We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and we too honeymooned at Disney World followed by a Disney cruise. Our 5th anniversary was spent at Disneyland followed by the Disney Pixar cruise, and now our 10th anniversary will be on a cruise that we have been dying to go on. And, on our last cruise in April/May of this year, we too took a mixology class set by fellow cruisers, but not Disboarders. So, I am very glad to be setting up mixology classes for this trip. AND finally, our last cruise in May was also on the Fantasy.

I am so looking forward to getting to know everyone. Let's have some fun, folks.
Fun! We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary also! We were married on Castaway Cay and we cruise the same time every year, so we generally are on a DCL ship for our anniversary! I have a slight obsession......

Hello, and welcome!!!

I will try to help you but I am so not tech savvy. What is it that you are trying to delete? I don't think you can delete your quote per se, but you can edit it and delete that way. I'm sure someone more aware than I will jump in to help out.

But, in the meantime, we too took the Amtrak down to San Diego and are thinking about doing it for this trip. I am just trying to figure out if we want to go to Disneyland first or go straight to San Diego.[/QUOTE

Thank you @sunshine1259, that is helpful. At least I will quit lookin for a delete tab or button. I love taking the train. We catch the Pacific Surfliner in San Luis Obispo (SLO), and no fuss all the way down. No DL for us. We gave up our AP for the cruise. We would go 4x/year to DL, so the cruise is a better deal. We do go to MNSSHP every year though. Maybe there will be a pre cruise meetup on the train depending on which train.☺️

Fun! We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary also! We were married on Castaway Cay and we cruise the same time every year, so we generally are on a DCL ship for our anniversary! I have a slight obsession......

We haven't been on a cruise for EVERY anniversary, but most of them. We will take the 2-day cruise out of San Diego next year that is actually on our anniversary in September. It will be just a little over a month before this cruise. I think that I have the same obsession!

Thank you @sunshine1259, that is helpful. At least I will quit lookin for a delete tab or button. I love taking the train. We catch the Pacific Surfliner in San Luis Obispo (SLO), and no fuss all the way down. No DL for us. We gave up our AP for the cruise. We would go 4x/year to DL, so the cruise is a better deal. We do go to MNSSHP every year though. Maybe there will be a pre cruise meetup on the train depending on which train.☺️

If we take the train, we will most likely do Disneyland after the cruise and stay at the Grand Californian. We were there for Halloween because of our anniversary, but we didn't do MNSSHP this year.

If we take the train, we will most likely do Disneyland after the cruise and stay at the Grand Californian. We were there for Halloween because of our anniversary, but we didn't do MNSSHP this year.

We were thinking of going to San Antonio, and spending a few days there along the river after the cruise. I am trying to talk hubs into WDW after the cruise since we are 1/2 way there, but I don't think he is falling for it. I'm not sure why? A rental car to Orlando, stay and play, then just fly from Orlando, back to SLO. Seems reasonable to me. :) Will you fly from Galveston, back to LAX and then to DL?

We were thinking of going to San Antonio, and spending a few days there along the river after the cruise. I am trying to talk hubs into WDW after the cruise since we are 1/2 way there, but I don't think he is falling for it. I'm not sure why? A rental car to Orlando, stay and play, then just fly from Orlando, back to SLO. Seems reasonable to me. :) Will you fly from Galveston, back to LAX and then to DL?

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot this was a one-way trip. Then, we will probably be in San Antonio as well since that is where my father-in-law lives and my DH was talking about going there after the cruise. I think I forgot about that when my mom and niece decided to join us.

Yes, we will be flying into LAX, but I think will be heading straight home. Burbank would be better because we could catch the Amtrak straight back to Oxnard. I guess we will have to see now. Darn!!! I hate money wrenches!

Well... could take the train down a day or two early, stay and play at DL. Then head to SD. I thought about it, but we gave up our AP for cruising. We went 4+ times/year to DL, so the $$ saved is paying for the cruise. I do splurge and fly 1st class home since it is one way. At least that is what we did when we flew to Miami for the WB PC cruise in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!