October 24, 2013 Disney Dream

Hi again!
Ok, who is stepping up to the plate to org. the FE????

I would love to do it, but CAN'T be in charge. I've done 2 so far, and its not that difficult, so hoping someone going on their 2nd Disney Cruise can step up to the plate. I am happy to help, but considering this is my husbands 1st Cruise I really want to step back.

To make it easier on the Lead person, I think everyone should post their information before Tuesday October 1st, 2013. This will help those who are making their FE gifts and need more time. Remember, it is supposed to be fun and not stressful!

I will start details:

Cabin #9176
Christina & John
Gabriella 8yr old daughter
4th Disney Cruise, will be GOLD after this sail:banana:

Cabin #9006
Robin & Peyton (adults)
4th Disney Cruise, will be GOLD after this sail :banana:

The situation is much better now but this fire was the most devastating fire that Colorado has ever seen.

containment is 75%
483 homes lost (that's alot of families :sad:)
over 3600 homes appear unaffected :-)firefight firefighting team simply amazing!)
over 14000 acres burned
2 fatalities

DH and I just booked this cruise last week as a somewhat-last-minute anniversary trip (our anniversary is Oct 23rd). We had planned to stay at AKL all week, but then realized our APs ran out on the 22nd. :rolleyes2 Ooops. So, now we're staying at AKL at the beginning of the week, and doing this cruise to close out our vacation. :goodvibes

We haven't been on a Disney cruise since the Magic in 1998!

We're just two adults, and we're night owls, so for the PP who wanted adults to hang out with at night, you've got 'em right here!

I don't think we can do the FE thing because we're staying concierge level, and apparently the concierge hallway is gated so no one can get to our room. I'm kind of bummed, though I'm not a crafty person at all, so I doubt anyone would have wanted whatever I came up with, anyway. ;)

Even though I can't do the FEs, if anyone organizes anything else - a disboards get together, or a cabin crawl, or whatever - I'd be up for that for sure.

To the PP in colorado, i hope things are getting back to normal there. We have good friends who live in colorado springs and they are all ok but have other friends who lost their entire houses, cars, etc. :(

Hi! Can't wait!

Room #9006
Robin ~ Celebrating my birthday!!
Peyton (19yr old daughter)
4th Disney Cruise, going for the GOLD!

Hi all! My name is Molly and my 5 friends and I will be joining you on this cruise! This will be my 4th Disney cruise and my second time on the Dream! One other person in our group has cruised Disney before (on the Wonder) but the other 4 girls are all first-timers!

AND as a semi-seasoned-cruiser, I will step up to the plate and organize the FE exchange - :scared1::scared1::scared1: I have organized it once before and I feel confident that i am again up to the challenge! So if you would like to be included in the Fish Extender exchange, please post your room number, names, ages and also who is a male or female (some names are tricky!). I will compile a list that I will update here, and I will also bring copies of the list for everyone to the ship :) I think the October 1st cut-off is appropriate, if everyone else agrees?

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! :banana::banana:

Hi all! My name is Molly and my 5 friends and I will be joining you on this cruise! This will be my 4th Disney cruise and my second time on the Dream! One other person in our group has cruised Disney before (on the Wonder) but the other 4 girls are all first-timers!

AND as a semi-seasoned-cruiser, I will step up to the plate and organize the FE exchange - :scared1::scared1::scared1: I have organized it once before and I feel confident that i am again up to the challenge! So if you would like to be included in the Fish Extender exchange, please post your room number, names, ages and also who is a male or female (some names are tricky!). I will compile a list that I will update here, and I will also bring copies of the list for everyone to the ship :) I think the October 1st cut-off is appropriate, if everyone else agrees?

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! :banana::banana:

Your a super star!!!!
I've already posted my infor (CaymanPrincess) as well as Robin's info.
Please count us in. I've org. 2 FE's in the past, so let me know if you need any help. Great choice for cut~off date.
Its my husbands first Cruise, hoping he doesn't get too overwhelmed, and enjoys it so much that he will join us for future sails. Thanks again for stepping up to the plate! Christina

DH and I just booked this cruise last week as a somewhat-last-minute anniversary trip (our anniversary is Oct 23rd). We had planned to stay at AKL all week, but then realized our APs ran out on the 22nd. :rolleyes2 Ooops. So, now we're staying at AKL at the beginning of the week, and doing this cruise to close out our vacation. :goodvibes

We haven't been on a Disney cruise since the Magic in 1998!

We're just two adults, and we're night owls, so for the PP who wanted adults to hang out with at night, you've got 'em right here!

I don't think we can do the FE thing because we're staying concierge level, and apparently the concierge hallway is gated so no one can get to our room. I'm kind of bummed, though I'm not a crafty person at all, so I doubt anyone would have wanted whatever I came up with, anyway. ;)

Even though I can't do the FEs, if anyone organizes anything else - a disboards get together, or a cabin crawl, or whatever - I'd be up for that for sure.

To the PP in colorado, i hope things are getting back to normal there. We have good friends who live in colorado springs and they are all ok but have other friends who lost their entire houses, cars, etc. :(

Even if you're staying concierge I believe you can participate in the FE if you want to. I've read on other threads where people have delivered FE gifts with the room # listed on the gift to the CM in concierge & they'll put it in their room.

I'm the poster from Colorado. For most of us things are getting back to normal. There's still a lot of clean up & many volunteers helping families to sift through the rubble & helping to clear out the mess. Much help & provisions are available for those who lost homes.

My friend Wendy & I will be akv in concierge level Oct 19-22 maybe we can meet up before the cruise?

Hello all! Ok I have complied a list for the FE! So far this is what I have:

CaymanPrincess
Christina
John (DH)
Gabriella - 8 (DD)

Jetsetter007
Robin (Birthday!)
Peyton - 19 (DD)

dzfitch
Molly
Chrissie
Ellen

Mel
Robin
Michelle

Stingrey729
#unknown
Mom
Jaida - 13 (DD)
Jania - 10 (DD)
Jhana - 7 (DD)

Golf1007
#unknown
Mary
DH
Madison - 10 (DD)

So far there are 6 cabins, 18 people - that includes:

11 adult women
2 adult men
5 girls (under 18)

Anyone else who would like to add to the group, please let me know by October 1! Thanks!

Leaving our husbands & kids at home, my friend Wendy & I will be on this cruise. This is Wendy's first ever Disney vacation. Spending time @ WDW both pre & post cruise. :cool1:

HI Sharon!

We are also doing a girls-only cruise - and 3 of the girls in our group are also from Colorado! Small world!

Hi again! This will be the 3rd year that I have sailed on DCL during Halloween - and just in case anybody was wondering, they DO have some activities on the ship! The characters all dress up in costume (Minnie dresses as a witch, Donald dresses as a vampire, etc), there is trick-or-treating for the kids and there is an adults-only costume contest! We already have our costumes planned - just saying! :cool1:

Its official - 99 days til we cruise! Time to do the double-digit-dance!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

Hi there, It is Gabriella's 8th birthday ~ celebrating Disney style.... lol
It will be my husbands first Cruise.
If someone is up in the Concierge floor, I've got a way to get in - so if they are in the group, I'm good with that!
So excited, 99 days!!! It seems so far, yet it will be here before we know it.

Lastly, as there seem to be a few 'girlie' groups, how do people feel about alcohol being a part of the gift exchange? Just wanting to know so I can figure out my FE gifts..... I'm an early planner - sorry, just want to get a game plan together :upsidedow

Hi again! This will be the 3rd year that I have sailed on DCL during Halloween - and just in case anybody was wondering, they DO have some activities on the ship! The characters all dress up in costume (Minnie dresses as a witch, Donald dresses as a vampire, etc), there is trick-or-treating for the kids and there is an adults-only costume contest! We already have our costumes planned - just saying! :cool1:

Does this mean there is no pirate party?

Hi there, It is Gabriella's 8th birthday ~ celebrating Disney style.... lol
It will be my husbands first Cruise.
If someone is up in the Concierge floor, I've got a way to get in - so if they are in the group, I'm good with that!
So excited, 99 days!!! It seems so far, yet it will be here before we know it.

Lastly, as there seem to be a few 'girlie' groups, how do people feel about alcohol being a part of the gift exchange? Just wanting to know so I can figure out my FE gifts..... I'm an early planner - sorry, just want to get a game plan together :upsidedow

I agree, I welcome all concierge-floor-fe-participants!

Also, I know my group (5538 and 5540) will be perfectly happy with alcohol ;)

Does this mean there is no pirate party?

They do pirate party one night, Halloween another night! At least that is what they have done for the last 2 years.

Disney Parks Blog just announced that DCL is officially making the Dream the Halloween ship this year! all the cruises will have some activities, but the Dream will have exclusive Halloween programs and surprises! Go check out the Disney Parks Blog for more info, it looks even more awesome than it has been in the past!

Also, some people use pirate gear for both nights, as it will apply all around ;)

HI Sharon!

We are also doing a girls-only cruise - and 3 of the girls in our group are also from Colorado! Small world!

Small World indeed. When we cruise, which isn't normally often, we rarely know of any other Coloradoans onboard. With 3 gals from Colorado in you're group just how large is the group you're sailing with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter