**October 2016 Check-in!**

I think I need a pep talk! We leave first thing tomorrow morning and this is the first trip I am kind of dreading. I'm excited, but at the same time not looking forward to the heat and the crowds. Being on a scooter and in an arm sling just adds to the worry. Three of the four in our party are disabled and on scooters. I feel bad for my daughter. There will be a lot on her shoulders for this trip. She is turning 10 while we are there. My mom does not handle crowds well at all. Her health has gone way down hill since we started planing this trip. Getting everyone through the airport is going to be interesting to say the least. I hoping it's just the intense pain I am in right now that is putting me in this down mood. I definitely need some Mickey right now!

I am feeling the same way. I knew when we planned this trip to expect busier crowds than our last two trips, but the wait times I have been seeing have been crazy! I am starting to really hope we have a good trip and don't regret going at this time of year (we really wanted to see Halloween time, but I am wishing we had decided to do early Christmas time instead)

Excited to experience the party tonight! Looks like the forecasted rain may have been scared away for the day.

I spoke too soon. Hello, Fat Raindrops! Humorously, I'm sitting outside Starbucks. Raining started. The song "Umbrella" (I think maybe it's by Fergie?) came on. Made me laugh.

I am feeling the same way. I knew when we planned this trip to expect busier crowds than our last two trips, but the wait times I have been seeing have been crazy! I am starting to really hope we have a good trip and don't regret going at this time of year (we really wanted to see Halloween time, but I am wishing we had decided to do early Christmas time instead)

We had an excellent time. Do you have access to magic morning?

Well since you have been looking at wait times then you know-half the planet was already there in the last 10 days-so now its time for them to go home so you can have some parks time that is only moderately crowded :flower1:

Well since you have been looking at wait times then you know-half the planet was already there in the last 10 days-so now its time for them to go home so you can have some parks time that is only moderately crowded :flower1:

Haha! Seriously. I don't think the crowds will be as bad as last week. The weather was our only reprieve. If it had been 90+ degrees with those crowds, I would've have been miserable.

Driving to Anaheim right now!(well, riding, DH is driving) we did a full day of Legoland and hitting magic morning tomorrow!! Cannot wait, just praying for some lighter than last week crowd levels. Super excited! Good way to combat the exhaustion from our long day(left DH's family in Phoenix at 0300 and drove straight through to Legoland) is knowing we're almost there!

You guys I ended up with some amazing pixie dust today. I screwed up and didn't change our ticket order to a 5 day PH when we adjusted our plans to stay an extra night. And because I was using the Canadian residents special, it was going to cost us $95 (possibly each) for the extra day. They felt really bad and gave us a comp ticket for a day (after confirming we were in fact canadian). I can't even believe it and totally teared up.

I think I need a pep talk! We leave first thing tomorrow morning and this is the first trip I am kind of dreading. I'm excited, but at the same time not looking forward to the heat and the crowds. Being on a scooter and in an arm sling just adds to the worry. Three of the four in our party are disabled and on scooters. I feel bad for my daughter. There will be a lot on her shoulders for this trip. She is turning 10 while we are there. My mom does not handle crowds well at all. Her health has gone way down hill since we started planing this trip. Getting everyone through the airport is going to be interesting to say the least. I hoping it's just the intense pain I am in right now that is putting me in this down mood. I definitely need some Mickey right now!
I feel you with the scooter situation. My last trip I was scooter bound and now this one too... I'm due for knee surgery but not just yet, but I'm not letting it get in the way of my time with Disney. You will feel so much better once you start to stroll down Main Street, you will feel home again. I can't wait we fly out Wed morning. Have a great time in your trip! :flower1:

You guys I ended up with some amazing pixie dust today. I screwed up and didn't change our ticket order to a 5 day PH when we adjusted our plans to stay an extra night. And because I was using the Canadian residents special, it was going to cost us $95 (possibly each) for the extra day. They felt really bad and gave us a comp ticket for a day (after confirming we were in fact canadian). I can't even believe it and totally teared up.
That's wonderful! I love reading happy stories.:)

here is a little something for those of you that just are having trouble getting into the Disneyland Vacation spirit. It is hard when so many crummy things are weighing you down and making you think your trip isnt going to be the wonderful experience you remember and want. Just remember that how good of a time you have its dependant 90 percent on your mindset and your willingness to let the magic in and focus on that and let baggage go when you hit the turnstiles

We had an excellent time. Do you have access to magic morning?

Good to hear you had an excellent time! We have one magic morning with our 5 day hoppers and do plan to use it.

haha :) so true!

Haha! Seriously. I don't think the crowds will be as bad as last week. The weather was our only reprieve. If it had been 90+ degrees with those crowds, I would've have been miserable.

It is going to be HOT! Thankfully, we love the heat.

I know we are going to have fun no matter what... we have had a crazy busy few weeks and I think the crowd levels added onto it have been stressing me out! We leave Thursday early in the morning and can't wait to be there :)

Four sleeps until we leave! Getting all the final details set. I think we’ve decided to drive right to Crystal Cove when we get into SNA on Saturday. We know that the water is too cold to swim (well, at least for us former Hawaii residents) but we can peruse the tide pools and toss around a beach ball! We will just be super happy to be at a beach again. Sunday will be our first park day!

So I procured a new iron and proceeded to botch the design of the final t-shirt during the peel off process. I was laughing and telling DH, “For some reason, your t-shirt is doomed!” But I bought another plain gray t-shirt at Wal-Mart last night and gosh darn it, I’m going to try again! If I meet with success, in time, before we leave, I’ll try and post a photo of the shirt that just does not want to get made!

Thanks to everyone for their live updates of crowd levels, etc. And thanks to gsrieff for starting this thread. It sure has been fun! I hope you are having the best time on your trip!

So we fly out tomorrow morning, I can't wait!:banana::jumping3: I called and confirmed my reservations to make sure there are no surprises, printed out my bording passes, washed all laundry now just to finalize my packing when I get off of work. So excited to be there tomorrow afternoon. I know it's going to be hot but I like it.;)

Last edited:
Four sleeps until we leave! Getting all the final details set. I think we’ve decided to drive right to Crystal Cove when we get into SNA on Saturday. We know that the water is too cold to swim (well, at least for us former Hawaii residents) but we can peruse the tide pools and toss around a beach ball! We will just be super happy to be at a beach again. Sunday will be our first park day!
!

This is just what we did! Crystal Cove was amazing!
We didn't go swimming either, but our 7 year old just "happened" to fall in.

I'm currently sitting by the pool watching my daughter swim a little before dinner. We ended up in a one bedroom villa at the GCH. From the paperwork we were given when my aunt won the trip from her boss, we thought we were going to be in a studio. Such a nice surprise! The room is beautiful! I should say rooms. It's huge! We are playing it low key today since none of us really slept last night. DCA was not crowded at all today.

I'm currently sitting by the pool watching my daughter swim a little before dinner. We ended up in a one bedroom villa at the GCH. From the paperwork we were given when my aunt won the trip from her boss, we thought we were going to be in a studio. Such a nice surprise! The room is beautiful! I should say rooms. It's huge! We are playing it low key today since none of us really slept last night. DCA was not crowded at all today.

YEA-Pixie dust! And good crowd levels! here's to a great trip:drinking1:woohoo:

And tell the birthday folks in your party:cake::bday: from the Dis

Guess by now most of the Oct folks have come and gone - we fell to page 3!

We are leaving today for the airport - it is 2 hours away and our flight is very early. We always do a park 'n fly by the airport the night before that way there is no big rush in the morning. We will land in SNA at 9:30AM :D

Here it is - the shirt that just did not want to get made!

upload_2016-10-21_12-19-7.png

It figures that it's Grumpy, right? It isn't perfect, but it is done. The only thing is, it looks a little too small for DH......

Hey tzeitel - we'll be landing one hour behind you! Doing the final packing now and going to drop the dog off soon. Sooooooo excited!

View attachment 202389

It figures that it's Grumpy, right? It isn't perfect, but it is done. The only thing is, it looks a little too small for DH......

Hey tzeitel - we'll be landing one hour behind you! Doing the final packing now and going to drop the dog off soon. Sooooooo excited!
It's cute!

View attachment 202389

I finished packing last night. DH will drop off our cat off in about an hour. We are waiting for DD to get home from school and then we are off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter