**October 2016 Check-in!**

Wrong - UEA *Utah's* break is later this month. I took a call at work earlier today from a guy in LA, he said LA schools are out this week, first year ever - Fall break. We drive to Anaheim tomorrow, I hope the weekend crowds are tolerable. We purposely are visiting before UEA.
I think this totally explains it. I guess I'll stop looking at the app for wait times.

We're here now and can't believe the sheer number of people. We were remarking last night that if Casey JR. Circus train has a line extended out past the queue, down the loop and down to Dumbo, you know it's packed.

We asked a couple Cast Members if they know why it's so busy, and they said they had no idea. If you're coming this week at least, be prepared for crowds and plan accordingly as best as you can.

Edit for typo.

Last edited:
So far we've had an excellent experience. Yesterday we did DL and today we did DCA. We have EMH since we're hotel guests and that has been an awesome perk! Yesterday, we hit like 6 rides before 9am. The afternoon got busy but we planned for that. We did most everything during the morning (didn't wait longer than 10 mins). Pulled a couple fast passes for the afternoon. We took a good chunk break and returned to do our fast passes, ate dinner at Jolly Holiday and then called it a night. Today in DCA, it was like nothing, especially compared to DL. Again, EMH allowed us to do RSR and Soarin first thing, literally no wait. Then we did Grizzly Peak, pulled FP for ToT, then pulled FP for CA Screaming, road a few other Paradise Pier rides and now we're back at the hotel. Going to the party tonight. People MUST have a plan. MUST start early and MUST use Fast Passes. In the last 2 days, we haven't waited in a line longer than 20 minutes. I'll try to share my touring plan if I can. I'll report on the party tomorrow! We also have the WOC Dessert Party tomorrow night!

Edit to add: When I say we hit all the rides yesterday, I mean we did Peter Pan, Snow White, Mr. Toads, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indiana Jones, Ghost Galaxy, Buzz, like the main rides. Again, having a touring plan was KEY!!

Last edited:

Oh...and we couldn't ask for better weather! 70 degrees?! THANK YOU!!! That has been a life saver as well as we are NOT heat people!!

I tried to copy and paste here. We probably deviated slightly on some of it, but this was the jist.

Wait at Main Entrance for EMM
Peter Pan Fantasyland
Matterhorn Bobsleds (42 in minimum) Fantasyland
Alice in Wonderland Fantasyland
Snow White Fantasyland If park hasn't opened
Pull Fast Pass for Big Thunder Mnt Frontierland
Pirates of the Carribean New Orleons Sq
Haunted Mansion New Orleons Sq
Return to Ride Big Thunder Frontierland
Pull Fast Pass for Space Mnt Tomorrowland
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Tomorrowland
Astro Orbitor Tomorrowland
Pull Fast Pass for Star Tours Tomorrowland When return time starts
Return to Ride Space Mnt Tomorrowland
***** BREAK *******
Until Star Tours Return Time Tomorrowland
Pull Fast Pass for Indiana Jones Adventureland
Enchanted Tiki Room & Dole Whip Break Adventureland
Jungle Cruise Adventureland Optional if time needed
before Indiana Jones
Tarzan Tree House Adventureland Optional if time needed
before Indiana Jones
Ride Indiana Jones Adventureland
BREAK FOR HOTEL
Return to DL Park for Carnation Café Dinner

The key is understanding fast passes. Remember, you can pull one as soon as your return time window opens up. So if you have a return time of 9:40-10:40, go grab another FP at 9:40 and then go ride the other ride, then once you're done with that one, you're next return time window will open up shortly. You can also pull one every 2 hours, if you're return time is way later. Also, Buzz is disconnected.

42 minutes for matterhorn...yikes. I never waited more than 25 minutes for matterhorn last week. At then end of the halloween party (during the second parade) my boys rode it over and over again back to back without even getting off because it had no line.

If you are doing a MHP and your party goes the ways ours did on 10/5-well we did all rides as walk on or close to it after the fireworks. May I suggest saving ride and treat trails for after the parade and fireworks. Do your meet and greets early-the lines never did die down for those so you had a long wait either way but the ride lines and treat trail lines nearly disappeared after fireworks.

The key is understanding fast passes. Remember, you can pull one as soon as your return time window opens up. So if you have a return time of 9:40-10:40, go grab another FP at 9:40 and then go ride the other ride, then once you're done with that one, you're next return time window will open up shortly. You can also pull one every 2 hours, if you're return time is way later. Also, Buzz is disconnected.

we also used this strategy and it worked very well-but we didnt have the crowds last week that you all are seeing this week.

42 minutes for matterhorn...yikes. I never waited more than 25 minutes for matterhorn last week. At then end of the halloween party (during the second parade) my boys rode it over and over again back to back without even getting off because it had no line.

I think she meant 42" height requirement.

I tried to copy and paste here. We probably deviated slightly on some of it, but this was the jist.

Wait at Main Entrance for EMM
Peter Pan Fantasyland
Matterhorn Bobsleds (42 in minimum) Fantasyland
Alice in Wonderland Fantasyland
Snow White Fantasyland If park hasn't opened
Pull Fast Pass for Big Thunder Mnt Frontierland
Pirates of the Carribean New Orleons Sq
Haunted Mansion New Orleons Sq
Return to Ride Big Thunder Frontierland
Pull Fast Pass for Space Mnt Tomorrowland
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Tomorrowland
Astro Orbitor Tomorrowland
Pull Fast Pass for Star Tours Tomorrowland When return time starts
Return to Ride Space Mnt Tomorrowland
***** BREAK *******
Until Star Tours Return Time Tomorrowland
Pull Fast Pass for Indiana Jones Adventureland
Enchanted Tiki Room & Dole Whip Break Adventureland
Jungle Cruise Adventureland Optional if time needed
before Indiana Jones
Tarzan Tree House Adventureland Optional if time needed
before Indiana Jones
Ride Indiana Jones Adventureland
BREAK FOR HOTEL
Return to DL Park for Carnation Café Dinner

This is fantastic! thanks for the info! We are there next week so may end up with the same kind of crowds. We just extended our stay a day though and will be taking advantage of the DLH pool in the afternoons!

I just checked the weather forecast for next week while we are there...mid 90's.:ssst: It sounds like perfect weather to die in our costumes. :rotfl2:
I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature. It's nice and cool leading up to our arrival and cools down as soon as we leave.

I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature. It's nice and cool leading up to our arrival and cools down as soon as we leave.

Don't start picking bones just yet. Our week long forecast had it in the high 70's to mid 80 last week. However it was mostly upper 80 and low 90's. They just aren't always accurate. It was down right hot. Here's to hoping that the cooling trend moves in early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter