OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

I just tried REMOVING the AS1 Product code from my Alamo reservation and it dropped almost $50!

Tampa (TPA)
10/19 - 10/26
Midsize
Coupon Code: AD3868JST ($25 off specialty)
Contract ID: 7014926 (Save w/ Alamo)
$128

(that dropped from $175)

So if you have an Alamo reservation with the AS1 code, which has always been cheaper for me up to this point, try running a reservation without it and see if your price drops now that we're getting a little closer...

Anyone getting any great rates lately? My dates have doubled :scared:.....at least for the time being.

I am still locked in at $282 for a full size with Dollar (15 day rental) and $314 with Alamo.

Went right to Dollar's website and rented a car from the airport on 10/1 and dropping it off at the Wyndom in LBV the next night for a total of $52 (compact car). There was a code... but the city savings was a better deal. We just figured it was easier to get a car so that way we didn't have to Uber it from the airport to Universal, to Publix and back, and then from Universal to Disney.

I have been stagnant with my rate. I Alamo would come out with another $50 off code. That would hep a little

How did you get it so low, I arrive the 14th also
AS1 is the Alamo Insider discount. Without it my mini van was $350, with it my mini van was $209.

Join Alamo Insider!

I'm a little confused. I keep seeing in his thread where AS1 is an Alamo insiders code but when I tried to research it online all I could find was a reference to it being a South American code. This brought my rate down considerably but don't want to use it if I'm not eligible.

I saw the same thing so I called today. Alamo is not aware of this code in relation to Insiders.

There are a multitude of reports of people using the AS1 code and having success. Both here on the DIS and Flyertalk and Fatwallet

Hmm, I have a reservation still using Costco. So, yesterday I'd figured I would check it on the Alamo site. Low and behold, says coupon not good, and get the same message as the $50 issued one. I did not have a $50 coupon when reserving with Costco. I'm going to ask Costco about it, and I'll let all know. Strange.

The $50 coupon was pulled a couple of weeks ago. If you go back in this string you will see what everyone else

The $50 coupon was pulled a couple of weeks ago. If you go back in this string you will see what everyone else

But, that reservation DID NOT have the $50 code. I am still waiting for Costco to respond to my email. Either way, I have a direct Alamo ressie, that's $30 more, but at least that's still quite a bit lower than current pricing. I hate this game. Also, I saw for both my ressies on the Alamo website, both have had taxes increase, so bottom line has increased. Oh well, I still refuse to pay now.

I'm trying to help my daughter and her friends get a good deal on a rental, but they are 24 years old and being hit with the underage driver fee. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get their rate down? Thanks for any help you can provide!

I'm trying to help my daughter and her friends get a good deal on a rental, but they are 24 years old and being hit with the underage driver fee. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get their rate down? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Scroll down, there a chart with the major rental car companies at to young driver surcharges. It's older post but was pretty close to the mark when youngest DS needed to book a car.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/07/09/under-25-car-rental/

I found the lowest rates via USSA, military affiliated but you can join for free last I checked to use the discount codes. I'd check what pops up first before joining though via carrentalsavers website, look under special, then USSA to get a quote. An extra driver is also included but wouldn't book without the membership card, especially for that reason.

Good luck

Has anyone done the Pay Now thing with Hertz? I know it's not advised for longer rentals, but I'm only looking at a single day rental so we can go to Legoland.

For a single day, it would save almost 50% of the cost.

Rates keep climbing every day. So glad I booked something months ago.

it seems like the rate drops once you are under 60 day away.

You would think so, but I leave this afternoon and our rate never got lower, and actually the current rate is $150 higher. Take a peak at the August rental thread. We were all very shocked and surprised. I ended up with $304 for 9 days full size. Last year was $100 cheaper. I hope this trend doesn't continue into my October trip.

it seems like the rate drops once you are under 60 day away.

This was definitely not the case for our late April/early May rental. We have certainly experienced that trend in the past, but not so far this year.

Of course, I will be watching daily from now until October, just in case :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter