October 2015 PTR: a “Halloweenie” and her Fearless Companion conquer their first HHN!

Have you tried the Plaza? It is around the same price as counter service but with better quality. You will need an ADR. Our other standby is Columbia House. The tuna sandwiches there are great.

I guess keep trying for an ADR. Last year, I think our ADR was at 4:15 at the Plaza. Since we only had a snack for brunch (slept in really late that morning) and ate a nice dinner there. Agreed, it was not that more expensive and is a really cute restaurant. That's where I said I got that mickey sundae. Otherwise Tony's is also good, and reasonable for a TS. I too like Columbia Harbor House too. Not fond of Peco Bills, but that's just me. I'm also going to probably hit Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake. Yum.

For the Amazon gift card, it was a Lightning Deal. I've seen it a few times, and figured one was enough, as we don't have any in our area that I know of, but most likely will be back in Orlando sometime next year. Keep your eye out, Amazon sometimes puts the gift cards for discount with the other junk I don't need. And some of the gift cards I never heard of or don't shop there, but the Steak one, I thought yes I know that, and even with a discount at Target or Sam's/BJ's/Costco, I didn't think I would save 20 percent. That Amazon deal was the best I saw, so that's why I got it there. It was a card and not an ecard too. It's now in my folder ready for the trip. Wahoo! Coming less than 2 months now.

Have you tried the Plaza? It is around the same price as counter service but with better quality. You will need an ADR. Our other standby is Columbia House. The tuna sandwiches there are great.

Columbia Harbour House doesn't hold a whole lot of appeal for me, but I'm not a fish or seafood lover. Steve enjoys a good meal of fish & chips every once in a while, but he's not big on it either. So that is one place we'll probably avoid.

The Plaza, though, is a possibility. So far, there's only one ADR that would work (6:35 pm on the second party night). Nuthin' for the first night at all. We've been chatting about it a bit, and Steve's going to check out the menu later tonight. The timing isn't ideal (its going to cut into the first wee bit of the party) but when we're doing MNSSHP two nights, that is less of an issue than if we only had one night to 'get it all done'.

I guess keep trying for an ADR. Last year, I think our ADR was at 4:15 at the Plaza. Since we only had a snack for brunch (slept in really late that morning) and ate a nice dinner there. Agreed, it was not that more expensive and is a really cute restaurant. That's where I said I got that mickey sundae. Otherwise Tony's is also good, and reasonable for a TS. I too like Columbia Harbor House too. Not fond of Peco Bills, but that's just me. I'm also going to probably hit Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake. Yum.

For the Amazon gift card, it was a Lightning Deal. I've seen it a few times, and figured one was enough, as we don't have any in our area that I know of, but most likely will be back in Orlando sometime next year. Keep your eye out, Amazon sometimes puts the gift cards for discount with the other junk I don't need. And some of the gift cards I never heard of or don't shop there, but the Steak one, I thought yes I know that, and even with a discount at Target or Sam's/BJ's/Costco, I didn't think I would save 20 percent. That Amazon deal was the best I saw, so that's why I got it there. It was a card and not an ecard too. It's now in my folder ready for the trip. Wahoo! Coming less than 2 months now.

That Mickey Pants sundae is so darn cute! I've seen two wildly different prices for it though....some sources say its $14.99, others list it at $22.99. Do you happen to remember what you paid?

I think I paid the cheaper price, as you do not get as many toppings or scoops as the one at Beaches and Cream. It was a perfect ending for the three of us, though two could easily finish it too. Since I wanted to keep the little sink, I asked if the waiter would have it quickly washed for me, and he did. Then I went into the closest store and asked for a bag to carry it in. Thus, easy transport in the park the rest of the night. It is a red plastic sink with classic white gloved Mickey hands. It is too darn cute. I am a sucker for a usable happy memory item. It was that and the too cute Halloween Micky popcorn holder. He will be coming out soon. I will be curious what will be at the party this year.

The Plaza, though, is a possibility. So far, there's only one ADR that would work (6:35 pm on the second party night). Nuthin' for the first night at all. We've been chatting about it a bit, and Steve's going to check out the menu later tonight. The timing isn't ideal (its going to cut into the first wee bit of the party) but when we're doing MNSSHP two nights, that is less of an issue than if we only had one night to 'get it all done'.

We really like the Plaza. I think there is a steak sandwich that my DH gets, I had some sort of sandwich that was good, milkshakes are good. It's very quick if you want it to be as well!

Sheesh, I go away to deal with life for a few days and you leave me in the dust. I think you skipped 3 pages:sad2:
On the subject of 'dealing with life'....thanks for the thoughtful and caring words.:hug: She was much more special than you can even know. There have been so many reminders of what's important in the last 2 weeks.

Did I finally manage to shock you, dancin'? It's about freakin' time!! :teeth:

That is some pirate booty! :thumbsup2 I hope what they say is really true....that we won't look out of place, trick-or-treating without a child in tow.

Shocked....I think so :faint:

For the record....I was always the first in line for the candy, ahead of my kids!

I think I paid the cheaper price, as you do not get as many toppings or scoops as the one at Beaches and Cream. It was a perfect ending for the three of us, though two could easily finish it too. Since I wanted to keep the little sink, I asked if the waiter would have it quickly washed for me, and he did. Then I went into the closest store and asked for a bag to carry it in. Thus, easy transport in the park the rest of the night. It is a red plastic sink with classic white gloved Mickey hands. It is too darn cute. I am a sucker for a usable happy memory item. It was that and the too cute Halloween Micky popcorn holder. He will be coming out soon. I will be curious what will be at the party this year.

Me too!! :goodvibes

Regardless of whether we opt for the Mickey Pants sundae or something a little more budget friendly, I can assure you that the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour will be a must-do. Diet be darned!

We really like the Plaza. I think there is a steak sandwich that my DH gets, I had some sort of sandwich that was good, milkshakes are good. It's very quick if you want it to be as well!

We went ahead with the 6:35 pm reservation at the Plaza on our 2nd MNSSHP night (Friday, October 16th) so its a done deal :thumbsup2 . Steve much preferred the look of the menu there versus the quick service counterparts (though we will still be sampling the quick service options on our first party night). He likes the idea of a relaxed dinner in some nice a/c with *hopefully* a view of the castle (that would be a rather "magical" way to top off our last night in Orlando, don't you think?). With the party officially kicking off at 7, we won't be dilly-dallying too much over dinner....I am just hoping all the reports of slow service there aren't the case on a party night :crazy2:.

For the record....I was always the first in line for the candy, ahead of my kids!

I would be sorely disappointed in you if that wasn't the case :rotfl:.

Oh cool! We've gone to the Plaza a few times and it was the fastest service ever, that's so funny. Maybe they wanted to get rid of us haha :)

Me too, no slow service. Maybe I had a really good waiter? We were out in about a little less than an hour, and DS had a full dinner. Food was good, and ice cream, well, we're never ones to pass up when in an ice cream parlour. :teeth:

I'd keep that ADR, but just like the rental car, keep checking, people cancel and change all the time. When you enter around 4, get your wrist band then, so you don't have to worry around dinner time. They were handing them out all up and down the main street. Oh, and the little bags they give for candy were sturdier than they appeared. And Dancin, when I said my DD teen was driving me crazy, I got more than a few handfuls of candy as the CM said she felt sorry for me! LOL :laughing:

Ok, week-end with nothing to do with soccer is much appreciated! Hope you have a good one too! :beach:

Oh cool! We've gone to the Plaza a few times and it was the fastest service ever, that's so funny. Maybe they wanted to get rid of us haha :)

Woohoo! Now that is feedback that makes me smile :teeth: . I hope our experience is the same!!

Me too, no slow service. Maybe I had a really good waiter? We were out in about a little less than an hour, and DS had a full dinner. Food was good, and ice cream, well, we're never ones to pass up when in an ice cream parlour. :teeth:

I'd keep that ADR, but just like the rental car, keep checking, people cancel and change all the time. When you enter around 4, get your wrist band then, so you don't have to worry around dinner time. They were handing them out all up and down the main street. Oh, and the little bags they give for candy were sturdier than they appeared. And Dancin, when I said my DD teen was driving me crazy, I got more than a few handfuls of candy as the CM said she felt sorry for me! LOL :laughing:
Ok, week-end with nothing to do with soccer is much appreciated! Hope you have a good one too! :beach:

Absolutely I will keep checking :thumbsup2 . Perhaps something will open up around the 45-day mark when packages need to be paid in full. Hope springs eternal :goodvibes .

Enjoy your soccer-free weekend!! We're supposed to get some hot and sunny weather here this weekend, which is A-OK with me. Summer is passing us by sooooooo quickly, I want to soak up all the warmth and rays I can while there's still time.

On another happy note.....some of the costume pieces that I had to order online arrived just a few minutes ago!! :jumping3:

Steve's pirate pants (my lord, were they hard to find!! :faint: ) and my dress:

....and a special Pirate themed goody bag, because every good Pirate Maiden needs a co-ordinating item in which to collect her booty:

Cross your fingers for me that everything fits. It sure would be nice to wrap up most of our costuming with these purchases (and the balance of the costume items that we picked up last week).

I'm just tryin' to teach by example. I didn't push them aside or anything....I told them to get in back.

That's one sexy pirate dress you've got going on there. I bet big daddy was saying Hubba Hubba when he saw that.

I'm just tryin' to teach by example. I didn't push them aside or anything....I told them to get in back.

That's one sexy pirate dress you've got going on there. I bet big daddy was saying Hubba Hubba when he saw that.

Ugh, finding a pirate dress that didn't look trashy was no easy feat (this one was the least....risque?....that I could find). Steve certainly likes the concept of it....but the jury is still out as to whether I will feel comfortable enough in this one to actually wear it out in public. I haven't tried it on yet, and until I do, its still just a "maybe". I certainly won't do it the same justice as the girl on the front of the package (heck, I'm old enough to be her mother and haven't had a figure like she has, EVER) but hopefully I won't look too awkward. Quite honestly, clothes shopping stresses me out at the best of times....so this whole costume process is quite trying on my self esteem!!

The package says it's 6-14 but you'll be a 10 ;)

:o

You want to be my new best friend? 'Cause I'm interviewing for the position as we speak, and you are definitely in the running with comments like that :cutie:.

So, I tried it on, and I definitely don't look as sexy and "come hither" as the girl in the photo (there's a reason she's on the packaging and not me :rolleyes1). But, it fits :cheer2:....and I don't hate it....and I made my boy smile (though I did draw the line at him posting a pic of me on Instagram).

Man, have we got some serious fabric wrinkles, though (and the material of both my skirt and Steve's shirt are quite stiff). I despise ironing.....like, seriously abhor it.....so I am going to see if the Vistana has a laundry service onsite where I could get them to iron them once we arrive and dig 'em out of the luggage. If not, surely there will be a dry cleaner somewhat close where we could have it done for a reasonable fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter