October 2015 PTR: a “Halloweenie” and her Fearless Companion conquer their first HHN!

I am super curious to find out if he will be featured at the Scareactor Dining Experience. Steve would give his eye teeth for a photo with him.

if so, they'd be able to sell it out every night they'd possibly offer, one of the favored icons. Hopefully, you'll get lucky.

if so, they'd be able to sell it out every night they'd possibly offer, one of the favored icons. Hopefully, you'll get lucky.

Yeah, I know the chance of him being there is remote (at best). But we can hope, right :)? What is it that they call that kind of good fortune at Universal? Mummy dust? :teeth: pixiedust:

Well that's too bad about Jake and Sweetie. I agree with you that they are just too young to be that serious. There is just so much life to be lived and at that age it's best doing things on your own....IMO.

I've often wondered about what I would do when a significant other came on the scene with regard to trips. We have, many times, invited the girls friends to go on trips with us that were local...camping or a weekend in the falls. Those times since I invited them I paid but really we're only talking about a few meals. No big deal. I don't think I would pay for a trip to FL....for a friend or otherwise. There currently is an 'otherwise' that we would like gone but not much we can say about it....especially, since she thinks we don't know. Kids...:headache:

I don't think I would pay for a trip to FL....for a friend or otherwise. There currently is an 'otherwise' that we would like gone but not much we can say about it....especially, since she thinks we don't know. Kids...:headache:

Okay, Sherlock, I have to ask.....how did you find out about the "otherwise" if your DD didn't share that nugget of info with you?

I couldn't know and not let Jake know that I know. You know? :p But I'll admit, I'm weird like that. Not the world's best poker player by any stretch.

Okay, Sherlock, I have to ask.....how did you find out about the "otherwise" if your DD didn't share that nugget of info with you?

I couldn't know and not let Jake know that I know. You know? :p But I'll admit, I'm weird like that. Not the world's best poker player by any stretch.
Very long story but to make it as short as possible.....1)Facebook and stupid kids....2)I'm a snoop.
It's been going on for about 8 years...just not sure if it's currently just a friendship or what but my feeling is the or what. Since the 'otherwise' came on the scene DD has become very secretive with us which is partly why we don't like this person. At this point and her age there is nothing I can say about it anyway.

Very long story but to make it as short as possible.....1)Facebook and stupid kids....2)I'm a snoop.
It's been going on for about 8 years...just not sure if it's currently just a friendship or what but my feeling is the or what. Since the 'otherwise' came on the scene DD has become very secretive with us which is partly why we don't like this person. At this point and her age there is nothing I can say about it anyway.

Ah, gotta love Facebook. It ensures that very little that's secret stays secret for long!!

It does get so much harder when they're old enough to make their own decisions, and parental opinions and thoughts only carry so much weight. So far, Jake's very open with us (sometimes too open :rolleyes2 ... I often have to remind him that there are some details I neither want nor need to know :rolleyes1) so I am generally get the low-down on most of the young ladies in his life. Of course, there are times when he shares stuff that I wish he was secretive. I certainly would sleep better at night!! :rotfl:

Is it wrong to want to put your children in a bubble until they're 30?

Ah, gotta love Facebook. It ensures that very little that's secret stays secret for long!!

It does get so much harder when they're old enough to make their own decisions, and parental opinions and thoughts only carry so much weight. So far, Jake's very open with us (sometimes too open :rolleyes2 ... I often have to remind him that there are some details I neither want nor need to know :rolleyes1) so I am generally get the low-down on most of the young ladies in his life. Of course, there are times when he shares stuff that I wish he was secretive. I certainly would sleep better at night!! :rotfl:

Is it wrong to want to put your children in a bubble until they're 30?
Bubble....made of concrete

The younger one is the detail one. Having it both ways though, I much prefer the details. I think your very lucky that Jake is so open with you. Often boys are the ones that keep it to themselves. I have a feeling that he's a very special young man.

I'm stunned that you don't remember the Amazing Kreskin. :sad2: He has been joke fuel for my brother and I for well over 30 years.

So sorry to hear of the young'uns breakups. I went with my BF on a Disney trip a looooonnnngg time ago (we were both college age) but we paid our own way. That boyfriend then talked me into doing a Disney College program internship. We have now been married 22 years (together 27-met him when I was 18-yeeks do NOT do math to show how old I am) so young love can work out but I think I just got lucky. Neither of my girls have BF nor are they wanting the drama. My 9 year old son OTOH has been crushing on a girl since first day of school this year and talks about her daily. They are "dating" grade school style (which means sitting together at lunch and playing at recess). So no BF drama but my ODD just texted that the antenna Mickey she got from our summer trip is missing from her car...and she is quite upset...

YAY for single digits!!!!!

Is it too much to ask for someone to wear a go pro and live stream the HHN?? :rotfl2: I just realized we will not be able to do a September or October trip for 8 more years(!!!!) due to marching band! (or until we win lottery-powerball up to $300 million...)

Wahoo for single digits, right behind ya!

Yep, no family fall trips for us, for almost 8 years too. High school soccer and college to deal with. Not sure which is worse, all the details or none. I would still rather hear it, I guess, as my DS does not share much until pressed.

So no BF drama but my ODD just texted that the antenna Mickey she got from our summer trip is missing from her car...and she is quite upset...

We have plans to go to DTD on our arrival day to see if guest services can swap out our paper MNSSHP tix for the RFID enabled hard tickets.....could I pick one up and mail it to your DD? I know it would be a few weeks until she gets it, but if she doesn't mind being patient, I'd be happy to help. Just send me a pic of exactly which one she had and I'll make a trip to World of Disney.
Is it too much to ask for someone to wear a go pro and live stream the HHN?? :rotfl2: I just realized we will not be able to do a September or October trip for 8 more years(!!!!) due to marching band! (or until we win lottery-powerball up to $300 million...)

I'd offer to do so, but you wouldn't be able to hear anything over my screaming....and the video would be all bumpy from me running away :rotfl: . Oh, and I don't have a Go Pro....so I guess that's a problem too :laughing: . But I promise to take as many pics as I can and share them in my trip report.....its not as good as a live stream, but as close I'm able to get!!

Bubble....made of concrete

The younger one is the detail one. Having it both ways though, I much prefer the details. I think your very lucky that Jake is so open with you. Often boys are the ones that keep it to themselves. I have a feeling that he's a very special young man.

I'm stunned that you don't remember the Amazing Kreskin. :sad2: He has been joke fuel for my brother and I for well over 30 years.

Jake's not your average guy, I will admit. He's always been the type to march to the beat of his own drum.....I guess he got something from me after all. He's a good fellow, a hard worker, and a lot of fun. While there are times I could happily kick his butt or wring his neck (which is normal.....right? :teeth:), for the most part.....I'm a lucky mom.

Hey, if pigletto's daughter isn't interested in an arranged marriage, perhaps one of your girls would be up for it? ;) (I'm just kidding.....well.....mostly.....:rolleyes1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter