October 2015 PTR: a “Halloweenie” and her Fearless Companion conquer their first HHN!

Yippe on getting fast passes done! Makes trip feel close.

Busy busy here- Saturday was my hospitals employee day at Silver Dollar City- true to Disney touring form we were their for our extra morning hour (for us employees and families only) and rope drop- then break in middle of day and back for employees/families only hours in the evening. Habits die hard LOL! For thrill junkies- Outlaw Run in the dark- well I haven't actually screamed like that on a coaster in a long time!

The Monster meal sounds like a blast! And Purge 2 is actually supposed to be better than first film. But definitely not something I'd watch alone!

lol on the touring style....it just goes to prove that you can take the girl out of Disney, but you can't take Disney out of the girl :blush: .

Purge 2 was not bad....way more death, way more killing than the first one. I definitely think the horror flicks are getting easier to stomach.....while I was a bit edgy for a bit afterwards (and I checked my door locks a couple of extra times :rolleyes1) I had no problem sleeping after it. Hopefully that means I'll survive HHN with my nerves still intact!

We love him in Pittsburgh, a home-town boy made good. He's supposed to be there for the opening waiting tables.

Gina we tentatively extended our trip, won't know if DH has to be back to work until the 4th but it looks good. in lieu of returning home on the 10th, our plan is to segue down to WDW for another 4 nights. Won't know which MNSSHP 12th or 13th until then, hoping either is still available but don't want to buy them and get stuck.

Is the HHN meet still on for the 11th? Was going to try & convince DH to make the drive.

ps will plop down a shameless plug for a pre/trip report I started here:flower:

I just posted over on your trip report thread (I must say, what an enviable vacation you have in the works!!)....our Dismeet is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 12th at Margaritaville. We have MNSSHPs on the 13th andd 16th, and HHN on the 14th.

Any chance you guys could do the Disney party on the 13th so you can still meet up with us? It would be fabulous to have you along!

lol on the touring style....it just goes to prove that you can take the girl out of Disney, but you can't take Disney out of the girl :blush: .

Purge 2 was not bad....way more death, way more killing than the first one. I definitely think the horror flicks are getting easier to stomach.....while I was a bit edgy for a bit afterwards (and I checked my door locks a couple of extra times :rolleyes1) I had no problem sleeping after it. Hopefully that means I'll survive HHN with my nerves still intact!

I just posted over on your trip report thread (I must say, what an enviable vacation you have in the works!!)....our Dismeet is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 12th at Margaritaville. We have MNSSHPs on the 13th andd 16th, and HHN on the 14th.

Any chance you guys could do the Disney party on the 13th so you can still meet up with us? It would be fabulous to have you along!

thanks, not sure I can talk the mr into driving back up to U twice after we just left, although uber is a consideration. will let you know. After 14 days, we are heading home on the 14th...hmm, need to play that number.

we have such an early flight out on the 14th, not sure I'll be up to burning the candle that late in the trip, need to wake up at 5 am to catch our flight, yuck. Will check the extended weather forecast the week prior and make final decision then I guess. If 13th is looking good i'll post back here by the 5th.

Well, I am officially one of those "crazy Disney people" :blush:. Thanks to some unexpected insomnia last evening, I was lying in bed (wide awake) just after midnight......so I hopped out of bed, grabbed the laptop, and made my FP+ selections for the second MNSSHP night at exactly 12:04 am.

I think I have officially lost my mind ::yes:: .

At any rate, I was able to get the two that I wanted: Jungle Cruise (3:35 pm - 4:35 pm) and Splash Mountain (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm). Our dinner reservation for the Plaza is 4:35 pm. I'm not 100% certain that we'll have time to slide in the Jungle Cruise before our ADR, so I'll cancel that one after the first party if I think arriving, riding, and getting to the Plaza on time will be an impossibility with the crowds (we'll try to ride it standy-by before the first party, just in case).

Reports from last night's inaugural party are quite disappointing, to be honest. I am hoping that things improve as the season goes on. Touringplans had last night's event as their lowest-crowd recommendation out of all the parties, so the long lines and crowded park were a bit of a surprise to me (and obviously to those in attendance).

23 days to go!

What?!?! You didn't get 7DMT and A&E? You must be so disappointed...
:-D

(You have picked some of my favorite Magic Kingdom classic rides--Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain. If you take a spin or two on Tomorrowland Transit Authority, you will be good to go!)

What?!?! You didn't get 7DMT and A&E? You must be so disappointed...
:-D

(You have picked some of my favorite Magic Kingdom classic rides--Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain. If you take a spin or two on Tomorrowland Transit Authority, you will be good to go!)

lol, I am almost certain Steve doesn't even have a clue who Anna and Elsa are!! :rotfl: Not a lot of little girls in our immediate social circle.

Does the TTA run during the party?? If so, you can bet your boots we'll be on it :thumbsup2 . Its just about my 'pace' :rotfl2: , thrill seeker and all that I am!!

The TTA (Aka PM) was running the night we were there last year (the first party). I am somewhat heartbroken too with the reports. I guess being on Labor Day last year, we had the run of the park and it was not crowded at all. Granted we did very few characters. Well, since I've seen you can get a refund even though final sale, I am still going. I've already changed my hotel and plans to attend, so I am not thinking to change again. And, since I have some Disney points that expire in December, I thought the party would be a great place to use them up, and not have to spend more money for a regular ticket. Oh, and I was known to do Buzz several times during the party too!

Tick tock! It's now less than a month before we leave. That crazy SW Air, they sent me an email the other day saying your trip is fast approaching. And I thought I was getting trip excitement early!

Great scores on the fastpasses.

The TTA (Aka PM) was running the night we were there last year (the first party). I am somewhat heartbroken too with the reports. I guess being on Labor Day last year, we had the run of the park and it was not crowded at all. Granted we did very few characters. Well, since I've seen you can get a refund even though final sale, I am still going. I've already changed my hotel and plans to attend, so I am not thinking to change again. And, since I have some Disney points that expire in December, I thought the party would be a great place to use them up, and not have to spend more money for a regular ticket. Oh, and I was known to do Buzz several times during the party too!

Tick tock! It's now less than a month before we leave. That crazy SW Air, they sent me an email the other day saying your trip is fast approaching. And I thought I was getting trip excitement early!

Great scores on the fastpasses.

We were happy with the FP's too.....they were better than I had expected at 30 days out.

I am being positive with our expectations for MNSSHP and am holding out hope that the issues with the first party will be worked out by the time we travel. Surely they won't allow all of the parties to be the train wreck that some folks experienced last night. Of course, it helps that our visit will be more ride-focused than special event focused (trick or treating, while fun, is not our priority) so that should work in our favour too.

I can't believe how close we are getting! :bounce:

Honey....I'm home!

169189__splain-lucy_p.jpg

Yes, I've been MIA for a while. I see that I have 3 or 4 pages to catch up on. I've been trolling around a little lately but still dealing with the events of the summer and now getting back into the swing of school and dance. Things are looking up.

Gina, your trip is so close now....how exciting:banana:. Just this evening I decided to book a long weekend in December to be able to see the final Osbourne Lights. Bit of a bucket list type thing....doing MVMCP too. It will be a total whirlwind...flying in Saturday afternoon and flying home Tuesday morning. Three action packed nights. I wish it was more but from November on taking a day off is near impossible for me. Right up until I'm on the plane I'll be worrying that some catastrophe will hold me back.

I'm glad you got Splash for Steve, wasn't that a must-do for him?

I think the parties will get better after last night's reviews. Sounds like they oversold it and I'm sure being the first night factored in as well.

Honey....I'm home!

View attachment 124223

Yes, I've been MIA for a while. I see that I have 3 or 4 pages to catch up on. I've been trolling around a little lately but still dealing with the events of the summer and now getting back into the swing of school and dance. Things are looking up.

Gina, your trip is so close now....how exciting:banana:. Just this evening I decided to book a long weekend in December to be able to see the final Osbourne Lights. Bit of a bucket list type thing....doing MVMCP too. It will be a total whirlwind...flying in Saturday afternoon and flying home Tuesday morning. Three action packed nights. I wish it was more but from November on taking a day off is near impossible for me. Right up until I'm on the plane I'll be worrying that some catastrophe will hold me back.

Oooohh....how fun and exciting and spontaneous!! (hey, sounds a little like your personality, doesn't it?? :teeth:) Are you going solo, with your DH, or bringing the girls too??

Don't fret too much about a potential catastrophe. I'm sure your plans will go off without a hitch....unless Buffalo gets another 7' dumping of snow all at once, like they did last year :rolleyes2 (kidding....I'm kidding!! :duck:).

I'm glad you got Splash for Steve, wasn't that a must-do for him?

I think the parties will get better after last night's reviews. Sounds like they oversold it and I'm sure being the first night factored in as well.

Yes ma'am, Splash was probably number 1 on his must-do list....only because it was undergoing its annual refurb when we were last at MK in January of 2009. He was so despondent that it was down on that visit....and now its taken us 6 years to get back there. He loves those big drops on the water flume rides....so he can use his FP and mine too!! :thumbsup2

Oooohh....how fun and exciting and spontaneous!! (hey, sounds a little like your personality, doesn't it?? :teeth:) Are you going solo, with your DH, or bringing the girls too??

Don't fret too much about a potential catastrophe. I'm sure your plans will go off without a hitch....unless Buffalo gets another 7' dumping of snow all at once, like they did last year :rolleyes2 (kidding....I'm kidding!! :duck:).

The hubs and I are going. Poor guy has had no vacation at all this year....not that he really cares. I wish the girls could come too but #1 is working full time now and #2 has school and she's filing in for a teacher at dance that is going off on mat leave next month. Not to mention that I've already booked March break with #2 and she will miss some school for that. I did actually think about going solo but I would have felt guilty spending that much money on myself for something frivolous. I think I would have made it an even shorter visit too.

OMG :scared1: don't you dare even mention a snow storm. I wasn't thinking in those terms...but I am now. I was thinking more as in work catastrophe. Now I have multiple things to worry about. Thanks...love you too!

The hubs and I are going. Poor guy has had no vacation at all this year....not that he really cares. I wish the girls could come too but #1 is working full time now and #2 has school and she's filing in for a teacher at dance that is going off on mat leave next month. Not to mention that I've already booked March break with #2 and she will miss some school for that. I did actually think about going solo but I would have felt guilty spending that much money on myself for something frivolous. I think I would have made it an even shorter visit too.

OMG :scared1: don't you dare even mention a snow storm. I wasn't thinking in those terms...but I am now. I was thinking more as in work catastrophe. Now I have multiple things to worry about. Thanks...love you too!

Aw, a pre-Christmas couples getaway sounds absolutely marvelous :) . I think you'll enjoy the trip way more with your DH than you will solo....especially during the holiday season, when all those sparkly lights and Christmas carols get ya'll mushy and soft inside :santa: . Don't forget to pack the mistletoe :teeth: .

If it makes you feel any better, I'll be fretting about the weather right along with ya ::yes::. We're due to fly out on the 19th.....and I'll be truly ticked if Mother Nature unleashes her fury on the city of Buffalo and delays our arrival in the sunny south. I don't give a hoot if the snowstorm hits on the day we're supposed to fly HOME (and stretches out our time in Orlando).....but please don't make me late in actually getting there!!! :sad:

I don't give a hoot if the snowstorm hits on the day we're supposed to fly HOME (and stretches out our time in Orlando).....but please don't make me late in actually getting there!!! :sad:

I always say the same thing, just let me get there lol. I'll tell ya though, it's not just the snow. The lightning in Orlando was a huge pain in the neck on our last trip. We were delayed getting our luggage upon arrival by quite a bit of time, and then delayed taking off. The storms seemed to be starting much earlier in the day and by storms I mean crazy lightning. So pfft to Florida thinking they don't get weather delays! :)

I always say the same thing, just let me get there lol. I'll tell ya though, it's not just the snow. The lightning in Orlando was a huge pain in the neck on our last trip. We were delayed getting our luggage upon arrival by quite a bit of time, and then delayed taking off. The storms seemed to be starting much earlier in the day and by storms I mean crazy lightning. So pfft to Florida thinking they don't get weather delays! :)

Yes, I do think many folks forget that crazy Orlando weather can be problematic for air travel, too. In August 2012, we spent a very stressful night wondering if we would get out of Syracuse the following morning, as Hurricane Isaac toyed with the state of Florida and Jetblue scrambled to rebook people on earlier flights. Thankfully, Isaac decided to beat up on the Tampa area and move on up the gulf coast, so we were able to get there on time after all (thank goodness, because the New York State Fair was in full swing, and we were going to have one heck of a time securing a hotel room for an extra night).

The lightening and rain in Orlando is nuts at times....sooooo much more severe that what we see here up north. I always end up being a strange combination of terrified and mesmerized. And the weather can change so incredibly fast!!

Aw, a pre-Christmas couples getaway sounds absolutely marvelous :) . I think you'll enjoy the trip way more with your DH than you will solo....especially during the holiday season, when all those sparkly lights and Christmas carols get ya'll mushy and soft inside :santa: . Don't forget to pack the mistletoe :teeth: .

If it makes you feel any better, I'll be fretting about the weather right along with ya ::yes::. We're due to fly out on the 19th.....and I'll be truly ticked if Mother Nature unleashes her fury on the city of Buffalo and delays our arrival in the sunny south. I don't give a hoot if the snowstorm hits on the day we're supposed to fly HOME (and stretches out our time in Orlando).....but please don't make me late in actually getting there!!! :sad:

Hang on a minute there.....just what kind of trip do you think this is? Soft and mushy....mistletoe??????? This is a business trip.

Don't even worry about the weather. Where the airport lies they don't get any lake effect snow which is the stuff that causes problems. That airport is very small and they handle snow VERY well. As someone in another thread stated..."snow is their middle name".

Hang on a minute there.....just what kind of trip do you think this is? Soft and mushy....mistletoe??????? This is a business trip.

Don't even worry about the weather. Where the airport lies they don't get any lake effect snow which is the stuff that causes problems. That airport is very small and they handle snow VERY well. As someone in another thread stated..."snow is their middle name".

Business trip???? :rotfl2::rotfl: Oh, live a little.....pack the mistletoe and make some of your own Magic under those sparkly lights :love:.

I worry less about the plane being able to fly out than I do about the drive to the airport itself. Its about a 4 hour commute for us.....nasty if the weather's bad. C'mon, sunshine!!

21 days from right now, we hope to be on the road en route to Buffalo.

22 days from right now, I'll be on the plane and snacking on some Blue Chips!!

Last edited:
Well, I am officially one of those "crazy Disney people" :blush:. Thanks to some unexpected insomnia last evening, I was lying in bed (wide awake) just after midnight......so I hopped out of bed, grabbed the laptop, and made my FP+ selections for the second MNSSHP night at exactly 12:04 am.

I think I have officially lost my mind ::yes:: .

At any rate, I was able to get the two that I wanted: Jungle Cruise (3:35 pm - 4:35 pm) and Splash Mountain (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm). Our dinner reservation for the Plaza is 4:35 pm. I'm not 100% certain that we'll have time to slide in the Jungle Cruise before our ADR, so I'll cancel that one after the first party if I think arriving, riding, and getting to the Plaza on time will be an impossibility with the crowds (we'll try to ride it standy-by before the first party, just in case).

Reports from last night's inaugural party are quite disappointing, to be honest. I am hoping that things improve as the season goes on. Touringplans had last night's event as their lowest-crowd recommendation out of all the parties, so the long lines and crowded park were a bit of a surprise to me (and obviously to those in attendance).

23 days to go!

we tend to visit roughly the same times every year. many swear by the various crowd predictors, me no so much lol...especially for October dates. Consistently underestimated imo

the special parties have always seemed packed to me when we have visted (first 2 weeks in Oct & same time period in December). Honestly, it seems to get more crowded every year. You have to wonder exactly how many bodies equals a sell out.

if you don't have regular tix media and are relying upon entering park with party tix, you would likely be able to hit JC in time. They direct those waiting to enter for the party (and people are lined up a half hour prior) to a specific section of turnstyles so regular guests can still enter.

we tend to visit roughly the same times every year. many swear by the various crowd predictors, me no so much lol...especially for October dates. Consistently underestimated imo

the special parties have always seemed packed to me when we have visted (first 2 weeks in Oct & same time period in December). Honestly, it seems to get more crowded every year. You have to wonder exactly how many bodies equals a sell out.

if you don't have regular tix media and are relying upon entering park with party tix, you would likely be able to hit JC in time. They direct those waiting to enter for the party (and people are lined up a half hour prior) to a specific section of turnstyles so regular guests can still enter.

Ooooh, that is good to know!! Having not visited MK since 2009 (or any of the Disney theme parks for that matter....just BB & TL) I feel a little like a fish out of water :fish:.

We'll still try to catch it at the first party, too.....just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter