October 2015 Fort Wilderness Meet and Greet Thread

Board Names- gator287 and FSUEd
Real Names- Suzy, Ed, DD-12, DD-7
Dates at Fort- October 28 until November 2
Camping Equipment- 31" StarCraft Autumn Ridge
Preferred site but still hoping to upgrade to Premium

We are headed to MNNSHP on the 29th. Fort Trick or Treating on the 31st. Can't wait for fall to get here.

Jedi_Howard
Howard
Oct 2-9
primetime avenger 26bh
full hook-up site
me, my wife, our two daughters 4 and 2, and my mother in law.

its for real real now! made my final payment last week, adr's, and FP+'s booked. super excited as this is our first trip to the fort. stepped up to a TT from our pop-up in December and this will be the first time we take it more than a few hours from the house. still doing the dining plan so I guess we aren't really full on camping, but I just love eating at Disney as much as anything else we do there. my wife thinks I've about lost my mind cuz of all the time I spend lurking these boards and talking about Disney, but hopefully she will think it was all worth it if we have the wonderful time I know we are going to. this will be our fourth trip to the world together, but I have never put the amount of planning into any of the previous trips as I have this one. October just can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
JudyFun
Judy
Oct 22-26
Premium hook up
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
Family FUN!!!

split stay BW for few days (Food & Wine) then Campground (MNSSHP)

Hello DIS boarders!

It seems a few of us are going to be at the Fort at a similar time. Instead of having every bodies pre trip threads overloaded with this Meet and Greet, why not create its own thread. Here is what I propose.

Board name
Real name (if you so desire)
Dates while on site
Coming as a group or as a family/solo

Sirenia88
Alan and Elizabeth depending who posts
October 8-18, 2015
Premium site
With the family wife Elizabeth and DD(7) Teagan My in laws are staying at Port Orleans

I know many of us have plans such as myself (DW maximizes our Disney time since we only have a short amount of time for our trips.) Others are less planning like as they may not have ADRs, FP+, parties, or other commitments. They also may come to the fort more often than others.

Right now, I will keep this as an October thread but who knows it might change to just a M&G thread for others to use while some may not be there. Well everyone, enjoy!
Burnaroonie
Seburn..Burny..or Hey You
Oct. 2-12
Cabins
With my Mom (83), little Sis and her two youngins.
Look for short chunky balding man on a rental scooter holding up the busses.

We will be tent camping 10/9-10/12. Will anyone be watching SEC football on 10/10? A weekend without football in the fall just isn't right :)

knitngurl
Lorri
Oct4-10
Cabins
Going with my mom, and teenage daughters 19 &17 (heaven help us)
It's our first time staying at the Fort, and I'm super excited. Just booked last night after finally convincing family how awesome it would be.

circlep98
Kim
October 3-10
I'm bringing my hubby, my kids (8 and 4) and my parents - mom is turning 65 while in MK.
First time at the Fort but not new to Disney. We are beyond excited!!

Sept 30th-Oct 11th. Cabins. First time at the Fort! It'll be Me, DH, DD, DSiL, and 2 GSs. Driving down from Maryland!! Can't wait!

Board Name: benjyt
Dates at Fort: Oct. 3-10
Camping Equipment: Heartland ElkRidge (rental from Florida Camper Rental)
Premium Site
Me, DW, DS (12) and DD (9)

It's our second FW trip. The first was 2 years ago, stayed in a 21' TT from Greenberg. As you can see, my DW asked for (demanded?) a larger RV this time...:rolleyes1

Any suggestions on premium sites/loops is appreciated. I think we'd like privacy and less noise, and we'll have a golf cart, so don't mind being a little ways from everything.

I'm envious of those with longer stays. Maybe when the kids grow up...

Michael
October 9-18
Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Camper: 2012 Jayco 32BHDS
Premium, requesting 900 or 400
myself, my wife, DD (9) & DD (3)

Hey Tiggerdad, This guy heard you were coming and may have a trick or treat for you.

20150821_191803_zpsq5gnb9u_edit_1440200849589_zpsdbysefyr.jpg

I have been posting on everything else except this thread. Wow I am truly amazed how many are saying "Hey we are going to be there on such and such a date..." My actions here inspired some people to create a September meet and greet thread! How cool is that? I am looking forward to hopefully meeting a few of you so I can put a face to the name. A few of us have similar or the same dates too! I have been participating in many forum boards over the years for my hobbies and I always managed to go to a meet up event or meet people at an event. So this is no different. Looking forward to this next trip. Maybe one of you will be my loop neighbor. Who knows!

Jets70, I'll be looking for him. Looks like his bag is pretty heavy with loot as it is.

Sirenia88, at this rate we will practically own a loop.

Board Name: benjyt
Dates at Fort: Oct. 3-10
Camping Equipment: Heartland ElkRidge (rental from Florida Camper Rental)
Premium Site
Me, DW, DS (12) and DD (9)

It's our second FW trip. The first was 2 years ago, stayed in a 21' TT from Greenberg. As you can see, my DW asked for (demanded?) a larger RV this time...:rolleyes1

Any suggestions on premium sites/loops is appreciated. I think we'd like privacy and less noise, and we'll have a golf cart, so don't mind being a little ways from everything.

I'm envious of those with longer stays. Maybe when the kids grow up...
Benjyt- we are also renting the Elkridge from Florida Camper Rental! We have ours from 9/29 thru 10/13. I think they have 2 of that model now! We have 2 families going - us and our brother and sister in law and their kids. We'll have 11 kids between the ages of 4 and 14! We have 2 premium sites- hopefully in the 1400 loop, so we definitely will have to stay in touch! I am so excited about meeting some of the DIS people and really really hoping we can all have some sort of get together- even an informal get together and all roast hot dogs and have coffee together!

DisSmis
Oct 24-Nov 1
Cabin
Traveling with hubby and 3 kids initially then husband and youngest leave and it will be just me and our boys.
Second time at the cabins first for Halloween, can't wait!

45 more days.

I guess at the 30 day mark it will be time to start up a pre-trip report!

We can share a thread if you want since we both are basically there the same time.

What day are you guys arriving? We're down to 33 days! As it gets closer, how are we going to arrange our get togethers? I want to be sure and find you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter