• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2013 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

Has anybody responded to you yet? That is my little guy's birthday, and I've been looking for a special dinner. The time would be perfect for us.

@JulieT3: I received your PM and replied to it but got a message that I am not allowed to reply because I haven't had enough posts yet! :(

So I will cancel at the time that you stated in the PM (that's EST time) and if I am unable to cancel it, I will post here so you know...

@JulieT3: I received your PM and replied to it but got a message that I am not allowed to reply because I haven't had enough posts yet! :(

So I will cancel at the time that you stated in the PM (that's EST time) and if I am unable to cancel it, I will post here so you know...

Thank you so much!!

So far there hasn't been a cancellation on here yet that would help our party for what we're looking for in our time at WDW, but I do have to say I really enjoy seeing the two of you work this out together. (Or others that have connected, too.) Makes me happy that your little boy will get to have a special birthday dinner with Mickey as a result of your hard work and research! :goodvibes

Got it, Aquarius - thanks again!!!

I do love how people people work together and can be so helpful on these boards. So glad for this resource and for all who contribute!

Got it, Aquarius - thanks again!!!

I do love how people people work together and can be so helpful on these boards. So glad for this resource and for all who contribute!

Happy to hear that you were able to snag it!

I agree - the DISboard website is invaluable! We are going to Disney World for the first time in October and the information I find here is so helpful!!!

We've changed our dates so I have some ADR's to cancel. I'll be cancelling them as soon as I get this message posted. Hopefully there's something someone can use :goodvibes
50's Prime Time 10/26 11:20 am for 3
Crystal Palace 10/27 8:10am for 4
'Ohana 10/27 6:40pm for 3
Garden Grill 10/28 6pm for 3
Sci Fi 10/29 11:45am for 3
Tonys Town Square 10/30 12pm for 3
'Ohana 10/30 5pm for 3
Chefs de France 10/31 12pm for 3
Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package 11/1 12:05pm for 3
Be Our Guest 11/2 5:15pm for 3

Did you try to get it? I cancelled them about 5 min after posting.
Edited to add...I just checked and it's still available, for a party of 3 or 4 it's coming up.

How does this work

New policy for threads - Trade/Transfer/Wanted posts are no longer allowed. Since Disney no longer allows transferring of reservations to new names, we will no longer support trading of ADRs.

If you and another poster choose to call Disney at the same time to attempt to reclaim a cancellation that is fine and outside of the boards.

Only Cancellation Notice Posts will be allowed going forward. Wanted posts will be deleted without comment.

Thank you for understanding the reason for this change.

Those are the guidelines from the first post of the thread. Usually people post cancellations. Some will offer to coordinate and others will post that they just cancelled.

How does this work

Those are the guidelines from the first post of the thread. Usually people post cancellations. Some will offer to coordinate and others will post that they just cancelled.

And basically, you just sit and wait to see if anything opens up that you're looking for during the dates you'll be there. Then if someone posts a time they're going to cancel that you'd like to get, you go use the Disney dining reservations tool (or call the phone line) to book the spot they opened up. :) Or you can coordinate between the two of you for a private cancellation time if you use the private messaging function, to ensure you get it instead of someone else. It's kind of a long shot IMO, but there are definitely people it has worked for, which is great. Good luck!

I agree it's a long shot, but it's worth it when it works out. I waited around for a couple months, then late one Friday night a fellow Dis'er posted a cancellation that worked for me. Within minutes, we coordinated a time & I was able to grab a reservations for BOG.

Thanks tatorswife!!!

Sending pixie dust to all those that still need reservations to open! Happy thoughts.

I hear ya... I think it's worth it, too. I've found I mostly have just enjoyed watching others post and get the ADRs they're looking for. Makes me smile. We secured pretty much everything we wanted a while back anyway, but I'm watching to see if we might be able to scootch our times to a bit better spot here. It's a bit harder for our party anyway since we've got a bunch of family together. (At least for now anyway. Unless it doesn't work out for them to come in the end. In which case I'll be posting cancellations here.) :)

I will cancel a BOG ressie for 2, Oct 9th at 9pm. Tomorrow morning, around 9am eastern time. ;)

I am going to cancel Ohana for Sunday Oct 27 for 6 people at 6:50. If anyone wants this let me know and we can coordinate a time for me to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter