• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2012 Planning.. Anyone else?

Will be there Oct 19th to 24th ( 6 days Park Hopper) and staying at Desert Inn & suites after a 4 days cruise on Carnival Inspiration.:thumbsup2

I booked our trip 2 days ago! Will be there October 15-October 22. Hubby's buying our 6-day Park Hoppers today. So excited!! I'll hopefully buy our Halloween tix as soon as they go on sale! I'm excited to surprise my kids with a surprise birthday trip! (They turn 4 and 7 at the end of September and November, so we thought we'd do a joint birthday trip right in between their birthdays!)

I'll be there with my DD age 6 Oct 11-14, flying from Portland, probably staying at Park Vue Inn (although I can't seem to settle my mind on it). She doesn't know and won't know until we're at the airport. Can't wait!

COOL, Disneyanajc!!! :thumbsup2

We're at DL Oct 21-28 staying at Park Vue. :)

we are going for my birthday the first week of october :cool1:

I am taking my son to Disneyland for the first time - we leave tomorrow (May 20). However, Carsland will not be opened so depending on our first experience, I will most likely take him back in October. Just have to figure out what week/days are the best - it seems that October in general has lower attendance. We plan on staying in Disneyland for this upcoming trip so I can see us going to Legoland and other fun attractions in October. But one trip at a time :)

I am taking my son to Disneyland for the first time - we leave tomorrow (May 20). However, Carsland will not be opened so depending on our first experience, I will most likely take him back in October. Just have to figure out what week/days are the best - it seems that October in general has lower attendance. We plan on staying in Disneyland for this upcoming trip so I can see us going to Legoland and other fun attractions in October. But one trip at a time :)

Sounds like a fun trip! 4 is a great age - they still think that REALLY IS Mickey Mouse! :)

Buying my plane tickets for my October trip on Thursday :) SO EXCITED!!! My first Halloween trip with my mom since 2010. We always have the best time together, more than I do with anyone else I ever go with. Will be there from October 15th through 22nd staying at the HoJo in a double queen premium disney view room.

pixiedust::cool1: Have a great trip :wave:

Bump...:wave2: Updated

Watkinsme……….Sep 29-Oct 6 GCH
KittyKat1978……..Sep 30-Oct 6 BWPPP
larina…….Oct 4-7 HOJO (Sacramento Rules!)
Gina…….Oct 5-8 BWPP
Kkmcan…….Oct 5-9 HOJO-DLH-GCH
DisFam95…….Oct 5-10 HOJO kid's suite
Disneyfreako…….Oct 5-10 BWPPI-PP-BWPPI (hotel hop)
stubby…….Oct 5-11
sonjaandsue…….Oct 5-12 GCH
dbbydk…….Oct 6-11 DLH
pixiemomof3…….Oct 7-11 Ramada Maingate
buzzgreyhairs…….Oct 7-12 (8 Big Kids and 5 little kids)
sbakersub…….Oct 8-12 HOJO
Virgoinab…….Oct 8-14 DLH
RuthieT…….Oct 9-15 (LEADER OF THE PACK)
violakat03…….Oct 9- (Honeymoon!)
Bakerudall…….Oct 11-13 Stovall's -not allowed to change your mind
revwog1974…….Oct 11-14 Park Vue Inn (dear daughter trip)
Ashnjam…….Oct 11-15
re Hadley…….Oct 12-
geffric…….Oct 12-13 (Wonder)
acourtwdw…….Oct 12-13 America's Best Inn (Cruisin')
Princess.Rachel…….Oct 12-16 Carousel Inn & Suites
aidensmon31…….Oct 12-21 HOJO
mrsw94…….Oct 13-19 DGC-villas
Drfate102…….Oct 13-20
Aussie Princess…….Oct 13-21 HOJO (Australia-DL)
Readytogotodisney…….Oct 14-19 HOJO
Argento…….Oct 14-19 GCV
disneygurl1987…….Oct 14-21
cari12…….Oct 14-22
kirstie101…….Oct 15-22
iKristin…….Oct 15-22 HOJO (Halloween with mom)
canadian ehngel.......Oct 15-22 (surprise birthday trip for the kids)
Pasofan…….Oct 16-21 DLH
nicolispicoli…….Oct 19-23
Satchmo128…….Oct 19-23 (35th Birthday)
bveilleu…….Oct 19-24 Desert Inn & Suites (cruisin' too)
Peepster…….Oct 20-26
WestCoastMama…….Oct 20-27
ams1201…….Oct 20-27 HOJO
MommyLove…….Oct 21-28 Park Vue (Thank You!)
princesspenelope…….Oct 21-24 HOJO
nbliss…….Oct 21-26 HOJO
DisneyMomma81…….Oct 22-25 HOJO
Girimana33…….Oct 22-25 HOJO
Disneyanajc…….Oct 24-28 DLH (birthday and 45 anniversary)
Minnie Sue OZ…….Oct 24- (Australia to DL)
Vala…….Oct 24-Nov 12 DI&S (Germany to DL)
Sally fan…….Oct 27-Nov 4 HOJO
jodilynnw0214…….Oct 28-Nov 3 HOJO
reguilliams…….Oct 28-Nov 4 Tropicana
Shell4624…….Oct 29-Nov 2 thinking PH
Isisisme…….Oct 29-Nov 3
Awesson…….Oct 29-Nov 3 DLH
dhorner233…….Oct 30-Nov 5 BW
JoRo…….
pixey-d…….
TigerlilyAJ…….
Feej…….(50th birthday)
disneylovingfamily:4…….
rosie2283…….
MrsPinup…….HOJO
CrazyDuck…….
mouseymommy…….
soulmates…….(BIG DisMeet)
tamiandryan…….
Sweethannah…….Booked Flight
Teki…….Birthday trip

I'm going October 21-24! I'm so excited. This is the first trip I'm really planning by myself. I won a trip from my radio station last year, so I didn't really get to do all the planning, but this time I do. We are making a road trip out of it spending a couple nights in Las Vegas and a night in Laguna Beach. It's me, my mom, my little sister, my bff, and maybe my little brother. My siblings and I went in October 2006 and October 2011, but my mom hasn't been since July 1990, so I'm excited for her to see how much has changed. My bff hasn't been since November 2001, so I'm excited for him to see it as well. I'm taking care of all the hotels as long everyone else does the gas, food and their own tickets.:cool1:

My husband and I are spending October 15-21st in California for our first anniversary. We are spending 5 days in Disneyland/California Adventure! My husband has only been once and it was only for a day so I want to make the best of it. We are going to buy tickets for the trick-or-treating for one of the nights. We are so excited I can hardly contain it! We didn't get to experience a honeymoon so this is pretty much making up for it. So excited!!
We are staying at the Carousel Inn and this is the first time I have ever stayed there. If you have stayed there how was your experience?
Next year, we're going to Disney World with our son! He will be 4 at that time which I've heard is a great age to take the kids for the first time =D

Bump...:wave2: Updated

Watkinsme……….Sep 29-Oct 6 GCH
KittyKat1978……..Sep 30-Oct 6 BWPPP
larina…….Oct 4-7 HOJO (Sacramento Rules!)
Gina…….Oct 5-8 BWPP
Kkmcan…….Oct 5-9 HOJO-DLH-GCH
DisFam95…….Oct 5-10 HOJO kid's suite
Disneyfreako…….Oct 5-10 BWPPI-PP-BWPPI (hotel hop)
stubby…….Oct 5-11
sonjaandsue…….Oct 5-12 GCH
dbbydk…….Oct 6-11 DLH
pixiemomof3…….Oct 7-11 Ramada Maingate
buzzgreyhairs…….Oct 7-12 (8 Big Kids and 5 little kids)
sbakersub…….Oct 8-12 HOJO
Virgoinab…….Oct 8-14 DLH
RuthieT…….Oct 9-15 (LEADER OF THE PACK)
violakat03…….Oct 9- (Honeymoon!)
Bakerudall…….Oct 11-13 Stovall's -not allowed to change your mind
revwog1974…….Oct 11-14 Park Vue Inn (dear daughter trip)
Ashnjam…….Oct 11-15
re Hadley…….Oct 12-
geffric…….Oct 12-13 (Wonder)
acourtwdw…….Oct 12-13 America's Best Inn (Cruisin')
Princess.Rachel…….Oct 12-16 Carousel Inn & Suites
aidensmon31…….Oct 12-21 HOJO
mrsw94…….Oct 13-19 DGC-villas
Drfate102…….Oct 13-20
Aussie Princess…….Oct 13-21 HOJO (Australia-DL)
Readytogotodisney…….Oct 14-19 HOJO
Argento…….Oct 14-19 GCV
disneygurl1987…….Oct 14-21
cari12…….Oct 14-22
kirstie101…….Oct 15-22
iKristin…….Oct 15-22 HOJO (Halloween with mom)
canadian ehngel.......Oct 15-22 (surprise birthday trip for the kids)
Pasofan…….Oct 16-21 DLH
nicolispicoli…….Oct 19-23
Satchmo128…….Oct 19-23 (35th Birthday)
bveilleu…….Oct 19-24 Desert Inn & Suites (cruisin' too)
Peepster…….Oct 20-26
WestCoastMama…….Oct 20-27
ams1201…….Oct 20-27 HOJO
MommyLove…….Oct 21-28 Park Vue (Thank You!)
princesspenelope…….Oct 21-24 HOJO
nbliss…….Oct 21-26 HOJO
DisneyMomma81…….Oct 22-25 HOJO
Girimana33…….Oct 22-25 HOJO
Disneyanajc…….Oct 24-28 DLH (birthday and 45 anniversary)
Minnie Sue OZ…….Oct 24- (Australia to DL)
Vala…….Oct 24-Nov 12 DI&S (Germany to DL)
Sally fan…….Oct 27-Nov 4 HOJO
jodilynnw0214…….Oct 28-Nov 3 HOJO
reguilliams…….Oct 28-Nov 4 Tropicana
Shell4624…….Oct 29-Nov 2 thinking PH
Isisisme…….Oct 29-Nov 3
Awesson…….Oct 29-Nov 3 DLH
dhorner233…….Oct 30-Nov 5 BW
JoRo…….
pixey-d…….
TigerlilyAJ…….
Feej…….(50th birthday)
disneylovingfamily:4…….
rosie2283…….
MrsPinup…….HOJO
CrazyDuck…….
mouseymommy…….
soulmates…….(BIG DisMeet)
tamiandryan…….
Sweethannah…….Booked Flight
Teki…….Birthday trip

:cheer2: You are awesome!!:cheer2:

My husband and I are spending October 15-21st in California for our first anniversary. We are spending 5 days in Disneyland/California Adventure! My husband has only been once and it was only for a day so I want to make the best of it. We are going to buy tickets for the trick-or-treating for one of the nights. We are so excited I can hardly contain it! We didn't get to experience a honeymoon so this is pretty much making up for it. So excited!!
We are staying at the Carousel Inn and this is the first time I have ever stayed there. If you have stayed there how was your experience?
Next year, we're going to Disney World with our son! He will be 4 at that time which I've heard is a great age to take the kids for the first time =D

We will also be at the Carousel Inn (10/19 - 10/23) and have never stayed there before. I love the close proximity to the parks, though, and the rooftop pool!!

I'll be there with my DD age 6 Oct 11-14, flying from Portland, probably staying at Park Vue Inn (although I can't seem to settle my mind on it). She doesn't know and won't know until we're at the airport. Can't wait!

My DD will be 6 for our trip and trying to keep it a secret! How are you going to tell her? I'm debating whether to tell her on the drive, the day before or when we get there!(Telling her we're going to san diego, she has no idea Mickey lives nearby:goodvibes)
I might check youtube for ideas on how to suprise her, or is there a thread here?
'SOOOOOO FUN!!!:jumping1:

My DD will be 6 for our trip and trying to keep it a secret! How are you going to tell her? I'm debating whether to tell her on the drive, the day before or when we get there!(Telling her we're going to san diego, she has no idea Mickey lives nearby:goodvibes)
I might check youtube for ideas on how to suprise her, or is there a thread here?
'SOOOOOO FUN!!!:jumping1:

We have a while to refine this but at this point I have to main ideas. The first is to tell her we're taking my dad to the airport. We live an hour from the airport so I need a reason why we're driving to Portland. So we pick him up and at the airport we get our suitcases out, she sees her suitcase and I tell her that he's not going someplace, we are! A modification of this is saying we're taking Daddy to the airport.

"Marion" on the CreativeDISigns thread makes really fantastic Disneyland tickets and my second idea is at some point in the drive to Portland to hand her one of the tickets which would be printed with all the information, date, Disneyland etc. She'll be in 1st grade in the fall, so it will take her a little while to read so it should be fun to watch her figure it out. Although she may get it by the picture alone.

But I know that once I get her on a plane it's all over. She'll know we're going to Disneyland. I can't hide it at that point. She'll know we're going to Californian and I'm not that good of a liar to say we're not going to Disneyland but we're just going to California so I have to tell her once we get to the airport.

We have a while to refine this but at this point I have to main ideas. The first is to tell her we're taking my dad to the airport. We live an hour from the airport so I need a reason why we're driving to Portland. So we pick him up and at the airport we get our suitcases out, she sees her suitcase and I tell her that he's not going someplace, we are! A modification of this is saying we're taking Daddy to the airport.

"Marion" on the CreativeDISigns thread makes really fantastic Disneyland tickets and my second idea is at some point in the drive to Portland to hand her one of the tickets which would be printed with all the information, date, Disneyland etc. She'll be in 1st grade in the fall, so it will take her a little while to read so it should be fun to watch her figure it out. Although she may get it by the picture alone.

But I know that once I get her on a plane it's all over. She'll know we're going to Disneyland. I can't hide it at that point. She'll know we're going to Californian and I'm not that good of a liar to say we're not going to Disneyland but we're just going to California so I have to tell her once we get to the airport.

This is my favorite part of planning so far, thinking about her reaction! I've seen people reveal that they are pregnant by paking a box full of balloons and when opened they float up, I thought this would be fun for a kiddo with mickey balloons!pixiedust: Magic! But then the thrifty part of me says those balloons will go to waste if we are going on a trip that day! But, then again we are driving so I'm not sure if I want to hear" are we there yett??!!!" for 8 hours!

Hi!! :wave2:
I will be at Disneyland from Oct 4-7 staying at HoJo's! Then going on the Wonder for a Pacific Coast cruise!!!
Can't wait, really!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter