• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2012 Planning.. Anyone else?

We're going!!! Love Halloween time!!! We're going for my birthday, the dates are tenitivley the 11-14. Retro rates haven't been added for October, yet. I may have to bid on my hotel.

I'm throwing my hat in the ring. My family and I are planning a trip to DLR sometime between Oct. 20-27. :yay: My daughter has that week off of school! Yay!! The plan is to look for discounts during the summer, looking to stay at DLH or GC. Wasn't planning on doing MHP but after spending some time on the Halloween thread I changed my mind. :banana: Looks like a lot of fun!

Do you know if it is any more crowded then because of Gay Days? We'll be there the 5th through the 8th, and I couldn't care less that we'll be there during Gay days except that I hate crowds!

They were saying on the Halloween thread that yes it can be more crowded.

We will be going sometime in Oct. Not sure of the exact dates yet but will def. be doing Mickey's Halloween Party too. First time for us in the fall! Yay!!:cool1:

Just booked today! We're going the week of Oct 21st. The only other time I've been to DL in Oct was in 2003... a lot has changed! We're super psyched!! :banana:

We're going!!! Love Halloween time!!! We're going for my birthday, the dates are tenitivley the 11-14. Retro rates haven't been added for October, yet. I may have to bid on my hotel.

I booked HOJO retro rate a couple of months ago and they had basically all of October on Retro Rate just checked the board again and it seems they only have 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
left which means they have been all taken or they will put more up soon - my rule is when you see it book it just in case they all go - but im coming from Aust so we plan many months in advance

We are in. I am torn on the halloween party though...

Is it really worth $60 a piece for me, wife, a 3yr old and a 1yr old? What are your thoughts???

We are doing 4-day hoppers, so I think we can still get plenty of Disney time in without going to the party.

We got the retro rate as well for our 14th-19th. I think we booked in March I want to say?

Is it really worth $60 a piece for me, wife, a 3yr old and a 1yr old? What are your thoughts???

We are doing 4-day hoppers, so I think we can still get plenty of Disney time in without going to the party.

I can't decide either. My DS will be 2 months shy of 3 years old and since we're from the midwest I'm not sure how the late nights will go for us. I really want to go, but since it starts at 7pm CA time, that'll be 10pm our time.
But on the flip side, we'll always be there for rope drop!

naps are the only way we make it with young kids. I think the day we do the Halloween party we won't do Disney until that night, so the kids will be rested and ready to party.
o

We're a definite maybe. Just waiting for DH to really be back to work before I commit. I'm looking at 10/11-14 and we probably won't do MHP. Still trying to decide where we'll stay. All depends on how much our income changes.

5 months!! Let's keep the October people on the first page. I just booked our airfare. I will get tickets next. Getting excited.

We went in 2010 and kicked ourselves since then for not doing the party. However, we went to DCA that night instead so you do have that option...but, I will tell you it was horribly crowded....huge waits. If I had a 1 and 3 year old...I don't think I would do it since at least the 3 year old is gonna get tired and cranky probably. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Oh My Gosh...this thread was started back on 09/22/2010...now that is planning time :thumbsup2

Pumpkin Chunking here...Booked Disneyland Hotel for 4 nights in late October :love:
jc

We booked the HOJO from the 22nd - 25th. Just bought AP's to use...Hopefully the MM rumors for AP's materialize before then :goodvibes

Still on the fence about the Halloween Party. DD is not much of a candy eater, so I would be stuck eating it all.:woohoo:
Plus the extra $$ makes the decision hard. I have to decide between MNSSHP or WOC preferred dining.

We're in! We haven't been during Halloween Time since 2009! Got the retro rate @ HoJo's 10/22-10/25, we'll probably go with a 2 day hopper and the Halloween party, won't go to the park(s) on party day until we're allowed in with the party tickets *hopefully 4pm*

We will be there! October 19 - 23!!! Celebrating DH's 35th birthday!

It is our first time back to the California parks in 5 years and we are super excited! Never been in October, though.

HI! :wave2:

The wonderful RuthieT started our October thread :cool1:
Here is our group picture so far...(Please squeeze-in, it is a big group and growing)
Please add or subtract yourself to/from our list pixiedust:
Argento... Oct 14-19 GCV
isisisme... Oct 29-Nov 3
geffric... Oct 12-13
RuthieT... Oct 9-15 (Leader of the pack)
JoRo...
pixey-d...
TigerlilyAJ...
Feej... (50th birthday)
kirstie101 Oct 15-22...
disneylovingfamily:4...
rosie2283...
DisFam95... Oct 5-10 HOJO kids suite
nbliss... Oct 21-26 HOJO
iKristin... Oct 15-22 HOJO
cari12... Oct 14-22
Drfate102... Oct 13-20
Sally fan... Oct 27-Nov 4 HOJO
disneygurl1987... Oct 14-21
readytogotodisney... Oct 14-19 HOJO
ashnjam... Oct 11-15
aidensmon31... Oct 12-21 HOJO
MrsPinup... HOJO
CrazyDuck...
re hadley... Oct 12-
dbbydk... Oct 6-11 DLH
Peepster... Oct 20-26
KittyKat1978... Sep 30-Oct 6 BWPPP
larina... Oct 4-7 (Sacramento Rules)
geffric... Oct 12-13 (Wonder)
buzzgreyhairs... Oct 7-12 (8 Big Kids and 5 little kids)
acourtwdw... Oct 12-13 (Cruisin')
Vala... Oct 24-Nov12 DI&S (Germany to DL)
nicolispicoli... Oct 19-23
sbakersub... Oct 8-12 HOJO
Minnie Sue OZ... Oct 24- (Australia to DL)
watkinsme... Sep 29-Oct 6 GCH
violakat03... Oct 9- (Honeymoon!)
stubby... Oct 5-11
mrsw94... Oct 13-19 DGC-villas
Virgoinab... Oct 8-14 DLH
Gina... Oct 5-8 BWPP
pasofan...
dhorner233... Oct 30-Nov 5 BW
mouseymommy...
kkmcan... Oct 5-9 HOJO-DLH-GCH
Aussie Princess... Oct 13-21 HOJO (Australia-DL)
sonjaandsue... Oct 5-12 GCH
soulmates... (BIG DisMeet)
reguilliams... Oct 28-Nov 4
WestCoastMama... Oct 20-27
MommyLove... Oct 21-
jodilynnw0214... Oct 28- Nov 3 HOJO
tamiandryan...
Disneyanajc... Oct 23-27 DLH (birthday and 45 anniversary)
Girimana33... Oct 22-25 HOJO
DisneyMomma81... Oct 22-25 HOJO
Satchmo128... Oct 19-23 (35th Birthday)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter