October 2012 Planning.. Anyone else?

An 11 year old boy would love it! Esp. Haunted Mansion and Space Mt.

My question:

I wanted to book one of the Best Western motels. I could have booked it through Disney's site for $1,200 or through BW for $800. For $400 you got character calls and one early morning hour.

Am I missing something? Why would you book through Disney for a "Good Neighbor" motel if they charge more?

I booked w/BW for Oct. 30 - Nov. 5. I will buy my park tickets from Disney on line. I'm hoping I can go to 2 parties if they have one on Tuesday 10?30. :banana:

An 11 year old boy would love it! Esp. Haunted Mansion and Space Mt.

My question:

I wanted to book one of the Best Western motels. I could have booked it through Disney's site for $1,200 or through BW for $800. For $400 you got character calls and one early morning hour.

Am I missing something? Why would you book through Disney for a "Good Neighbor" motel if they charge more?

I booked w/BW for Oct. 30 - Nov. 5. I will buy my park tickets from Disney on line. I'm hoping I can go to 2 parties if they have one on Tuesday 10?30. :banana:

This is question that has no real answer except...because they can! Lol! I've booked packages through them before I knew any better. Now I alway book room only for on site and directly through whatever good neighbor hotel you want to book with.

This is question that has no real answer except...because they can! Lol! I've booked packages through them before I knew any better. Now I alway book room only for on site and directly through whatever good neighbor hotel you want to book with.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I always book through Disney when I go to DW and I booked through Disney when I stayed at Paradise Pier (which was very nice!!) but, this time I'm trying to cut costs and stay off property! :eek: Something I would NEVER do at DW!

Okay, so to update. I did call and the CM was clear that you can indeed apply any discount up until 5 days out on a room ressie. I figured that was the case. He mentioned if you wanted, you could even cancel and rebook using the discount if for some reason it didn't apply, but as far as he knew and in his everyday work, he's always applied them for people. He thought the wording was strange too and wasn't reflective of how they operate with discounts. But like you said before, they maybe do it to dissuade people from doing it.

Thank you so much nicolispicoli:worship: That makes me feel better and we will be booking as soon as the board has voted on the calendar so we can get our definite dates:cool1:

I am so excited to visit DL and we will be celebrating both our DDs birthdays, one is the end of September and the other is Halloween, perfect for a mid-October trip:thumbsup2

So how will you know if they come out with a discount? Do i just have to keep checking the Disney website to look for a deal the days we already booked?

So how will you know if they come out with a discount? Do i just have to keep checking the Disney website to look for a deal the days we already booked?

Unfortunately yes, you'll just have to stay on top of it. If you're a regular on here though, you'll see it here before anywhere else. I always check the offers on DL's website about once a week when it's closer. For October, they likely won't come out until mid-summer at least, possibly August. You'll need to be on top of it like that because if it's out awhile and they don't have deals for the accomodations you booked (despite you already having a room reserved), they will not give you the deal. If they had say 1000 discounts to give on standard room ressies for the time frame of dates and you miss the window, you won't get a change.

I just booked my flights!! Eeek! They were $200 less than I have seen before so I booked them.

I was hesitating on booking them because at the moment, I am going through my first union contract negotiations at work. There has been whispers of possibly going on strike.....

Travel insurance doesn't cover strikes (unless I lose my job which is extremely unlikely) so if we do go on strike, I will lose the cost of the flights:sad1:

Everyone think good thoughts that I won't go on strike!!

Not sure if I already posted before but we are going Oct 5-10th. Our last trip on our annual passes :sad1:

Staying the 5th at the Hojo's
6th and 7th at the Disneyland Hotel
8th and 9th at the Grand Californian

Our first on property stays! We booked thru the gaydays website.

I will be coming to stay at Hojo Oct 13-21 a holiday with my sister first time away from my son who will be 11 mths

I've heard of park hopping but hotel hopping takes it to a whole new level.

Yay, I know! But we couldn't decide which resort to stay in for our first and probably only on property stay so I figured we may as well go for it and try both!

Hojo for the first night is just cuz it's cheap and its our driving day so we won't be there until after dinner time anyways and I didn't want to spend a ton of money for a hotel night we won't really get to fully enjoy.

We just decided on Oct. 5 - 12 at GCH! My DP groaned when I admitted I wanted to take our son to see Carsland this year (our last two trips were Disney) but she came around and is even excited. I can't wait for HM holiday! And I'm even a little excited to be there for Gay Days.

We just decided on Oct. 5 - 12 at GCH! My DP groaned when I admitted I wanted to take our son to see Carsland this year (our last two trips were Disney) but she came around and is even excited. I can't wait for HM holiday! And I'm even a little excited to be there for Gay Days.

Do you know if it is any more crowded then because of Gay Days? We'll be there the 5th through the 8th, and I couldn't care less that we'll be there during Gay days except that I hate crowds! I understand that weekends are more crowded at DLR anyway, especially long holiday weekends, and I'm just trying to prepare myself. DS & I go to WDW in February for a reason! :thumbsup2

Every day gets us ONE step closer!!:thumbsup2 There will be about 15 of us, all celebrating different occasions. It's a big DIS meet up and we're SO excited. It's been in the making for a year now!

We are going in October for a few days and for the Mickey Halloween party. This will be our first time going in the fall. Still booking our July trip so no dates set yet. Does anyone know when the halloween tickets will be selling?

I believe based on History, they'll be on sale for AP holders come May and I think someone said June or July for non AP holders. I'll look around to confirm.

Oh that is alot earlier than I thought. We just got ap's, bought them online yesterday. I will keep checking for them to go on sale, better to get them sooner than later! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter