October 17-27: Our Magical Dream Vacation - updated 5/7/09 -LOTS of PICs

Love the family pic by the Mickey statue...DD2's look is pricless.......on our last family cruise DS3 has the exact same look. :rotfl2:

That is the funniest picture I have seen for a long time, you can blackmail her for years for that picture.

Great stuff Cind

This was Golden Mickey’s night. DD1 wanted to go see the show with Ocean Quest, but as a punishment for her earlier behavior, we banished her to our room. DD2 didn’t want to go to the show. She went to the lab instead. So, that left DH and I to go alone. A date night. We stopped in Mickey’s Mates to look around and then went out the front entrance so we could walk down the “red carpet.” The Disney “paparazzi” made a big fuss over my red dress. I was actually a little embarrassed by it….I think my face became the same color as the dress for a while.

DSCN0881.jpg

Unfortunately, the rocking of the ship and a full belly once again had me nodding off and I really don’t remember much of the show. Bummer. What I did see was beautiful. Guess who we wound up sitting next to? The Mitchells. This was not planned.

I was sooooo tired. I really wanted to stay awake for the after party in Studio Sea. We headed over there and I enjoyed watching the kids dance on the dance floor. I kept thinking my children were missing out. DH actually went to the lab to see if DD2 wanted to come…she said “no.” DH made fast friends with one of the waitresses when he asked for a glass of tap water.

By 10 pm I was done for. I simply couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. So, we returned to the room where we decided DD1 had served her time and released her to Ocean Quest.

DSCN0878.jpg

DH and I enjoyed some alone time on the verandah before he left to enjoy the hot tub at Quiet Cove. (I was later told his “hot” tub was also not hot at all.)

A side note, but a MAJOR blessing… While all the craziness was going on with getting my family ready for formal night, I got a call from the spa informing me that I had won a facial! :cool1: Talk about pixie dust! Wow! That was really cool. I told them we were on our way out so I would have to schedule it later. I was in the spa everyday for my shower, so I could stop in the next morning to set something up.

Up next: The tower of the beast, and CM Richard hunts me down

I was going to post more today, but I can't get into my photobucket account. :-( I apparently don't remember the password. When I asked them to send it to me, it didn't show up in ANY of my email accounts or in my junk mail folders. I had to go to the next level and I don't know how long it will take to get back in. I'll post again soon.

I love your formal night photo - even with your pouting daughter it's beautiful. Great report. :thumbsup2

I am truly enjoying your tales and can't wait to read more. We are going on our first Western cruise the end of June with our two sons.............they will be 12 and 13 by then. :sad2: We are all really excited about the pending trip and reading all your antics is a blast. :surfweb: Great to see all the wonderful pictures. It's FREEZING here and so nice to be swept away from this crazy winter.

Last night there was a note with our towel animal telling us to turn our clocks back an hour. So, although I got up at 6:30 am, the sun had already risen.

I quickly packed my bag and went for my morning walk. I stopped at the spa first to grab a locker and leave my tote bag since I would be back later for my shower.

It was a beautiful day. It was sunny with clouds in the distance. I declared out loud, “It will not rain today.”

Instead of going to yoga today, I went and head breakfast in Lumiere’s. I had the Beast’s Tower. While not talking in terms of calories here, this was a very light and yummy breakfast. It consisted of three (I think) French toast rounds along with pineapple slices and I noted strawberries, too…although that may have been in the topping. I asked for sugar-free maple syrup to go with it.

DSCN0887.jpg

I journaled while I ate. They sat me next to two women who were childhood friends and were cruising to celebrate their 50th birthdays. I enjoyed talking with them. Even though I told the server to keep the coffee coming, there were many times that the cup was empty. When I eat breakfast out, this is one thing that I really look for…a perpetually filled coffee cup. Oh well. It was good.

Before I went to Lumiere’s I had stopped at Guest Services and asked the CM there, Richard, if I would be able to #1 get a room service menu, and #2 order room service from the courtesy phone to be delivered to my room. I had forgotten all about ordering PB & Js to take with us into Grand Cayman and I didn’t want to wake my family to go back into the room and call. I had put the breakfast card on the door the night before, but just forgot about the other stuff. Richard gave me a copy of the room service menu (which by the way does not list the mickey bars, PB & J sandwiches nor the cheese plate). He also told me that I could order from the courtesy phone. Well, when I tried to order from the courtesy phone, they told me I HAD to order from my room. So, I went back to guest services and asked if there was a “trick” to getting them to take my order. Richard was standing there but didn’t respond. Another CM responded and told me that no, RS had to be ordered from the room. So, I frowned a little and trekked up to my room to place the order. Fortunately I did not wake the family.

When I returned to Lumiere’s, Richard followed me and got my attention and apologized. He told me that he had tried to catch me after I left – he could have ordered for me – but I was too quick. I was thoroughly impressed that he noticed me going into Lumiere’s later and came to tell me.

I left breakfast around 8:45, went to the spa and showered and dressed for the day.

DH and girls got up around 9 am and had the room service breakfast I had ordered for them the day before. DH said that he was very disappointed with room service. He said everything was bad. The coffee was bad, the toast – while looking light and being hardly toasted – tasted burnt, the girls even complained about the packaged cereals. Not sure how prepackaged food could be “bad” but they insist it tasted bad. DH even called room service to tell them about it. I’m not sure what/if any resolution was accomplished by the call…I don’t think I asked.

At about 10:30 am we headed out to grab a tender to the island.

The instructions for tendering were that we were to go to the Buena Vista theater where we would be given a “ticket” for getting on the tender. From there, we would head down to the tender.

Well, we went all the way to the theater only to have them announce once we got there, “You can now go directly to the tenders.” So, we went down to deck 1 and got on.

DSCN0885.jpg

Here comes the tender.

DD1, who had been suffering since Day 1 with seasickness, looked a little green on the tender boat. She also was quite “anxious” about riding in this small boat. Poor thing.

DSCN0888.jpg

Black and green are supposed to go together.
DSCN0890.jpg

DSCN0892.jpg

Next up: Selling the kids to pay for the margaritas

I love your formal night photo - even with your pouting daughter it's beautiful. Great report. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: We deal with crabby daughters all the time....I felt really sorry for the poor people around us that had to deal with her wailing.

I am truly enjoying your tales and can't wait to read more. We are going on our first Western cruise the end of June with our two sons.............they will be 12 and 13 by then. :sad2: We are all really excited about the pending trip and reading all your antics is a blast. :surfweb: Great to see all the wonderful pictures. It's FREEZING here and so nice to be swept away from this crazy winter.

We had arctic temperatures here throughout most of January. It finally thawed last week and all the snow on my deck (chest high) melted. Unfortunately it got cold again and once again....it's snowing! I came here to try to take a mental cruise away from the snow. :goodvibes

Yeah, thanks for the latest installment. Really good, I wish I was back on the magic with you guys.

Can I just say I totaly agree with you about the cofee, I wish they would just bring you a pot, After 2 mornings of asking for coffee about 4 times( yes I am a caffiene junky,thats what night shift does) I nearly went to the help yourself bit on deck 9 and filled up a paper cup of coffe to take with me.

Really enjoying your TR! We're booked on the 10/17 Western and I hope our weather is as good as yours seemed to be! We'll be cruising with our 24 yr old daughter and her fiance (3rd DCL for us, 1st for her fiance) and I am going to forward them a link to your report. We're also hoping my sister and BIL can join us on the trip as she, like you, has an Oct. 19th b'day.

Thanks for the report and can't wait to read more!

Really enjoying your TR! We're booked on the 10/17 Western and I hope our weather is as good as yours seemed to be! We'll be cruising with our 24 yr old daughter and her fiance (3rd DCL for us, 1st for her fiance) and I am going to forward them a link to your report. We're also hoping my sister and BIL can join us on the trip as she, like you, has an Oct. 19th b'day.

Thanks for the report and can't wait to read more!

Our weather was good but not perfect, but I am sure dear cindi will get to that;) Now we also cruised oct 06 and it really was perfect!! Not a single cloud the whole time. Enjoy your cruise and I wish i was going with you and all the lovely jubbly friends I met on our cruise.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter