October 17-27: Our Magical Dream Vacation - updated 5/7/09 -LOTS of PICs

I just found your post and now can't wait till you post more... We are going on the Magic May 30th 2009.:banana:

We headed to the stateroom to get dressed for dinner. Dinner this evening was at Lumiere’s. DD1 did not want to eat with us. She wanted to go to Quest, so we obliged. DD2 also did not want to eat with us so we checked her into the Lab. Ivo made a show about our missing children. He said that next time DD1 came to dinner he was going to have to tie her to the chair. Part-way into dinner, DD2 paged us to go and get her. We thought she wanted to eat something better than Topsiders, but in the end we think she just didn’t want to miss the Cruise Fairy who tended to visit at dinnertime.

DD2 ordered the fish from the adult menu. DH and I had already ordered the escargot to share and a shrimp cocktail (of sorts) for me. I can’t find the picture I’m SURE I took of the Lumiere’s menu to state the real names. The fish was good, but not exceptional. DD2 loved the fish she got the first time she ordered from the adult menu, which was salmon. That must have been the day before…when we didn’t eat dinner. She is somewhat adventurous in her food selections. She ate hardly any of it and asked to be taken back to the lab. DH took her. (BTW…DH had whatever the lamb choice was that evening and really enjoyed it. I had the same fish as DD2.) DH said he wasn’t going to return because he didn’t want any dessert. So, I was left alone for dessert. For some strange reason I was compelled to order the chocolate cheesecake. Even more strange is that, although the cheesecake was not good AT ALL (How do you screw up cheesecake?), I also felt compelled to eat every last bite! I felt incredibly bloated after that…I wonder why? Walking the stairs regularly isn’t quite making up for this monumental shift in my eating habits. I decided to have REAL coffee tonight with my dessert. My thinking was that it would help me stay awake to experience the “nightlife” on the ship.

DSCN0941.jpg

DSCN0943.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0944.jpg

Somewhere in here we took DD2 to the crew pin trading event. DH thinks that the pin trading started at 7. I'm not sure if I rolled myself out of Lumiere's and went to pin trading and then went to my facial, or what. That seems the most likely.

DSCN0947.jpg

After dessert I went to the spa for my FREE facial. (This morning I had scheduled it for tonight.) The facial was wonderful. My technician was from New Zealand, but of course I forgot her name. She did a scalp massage and a neck/shoulder massage as part of the facial. That was the best part! The walls in this area of the spa were really thin. I was distracted for a good portion of the massage by the male voices in the room next to us. It was hard to be fully relaxed in that situation. Maybe Disney wants to sound-proof the walls of the spa next time they’re in dry dock? When I had my birthday massage I had requested no sales pitch. I figured that the free facial was actually a sales technique, so I didn’t even bother to request “no pitch.” I was pleasantly surprised that the actual “pitch” was quite low-key and, had I not known better, I might not have know that was what it was. For kicks and giggles I asked her how much the Elemis moisturizer was that she used on my face. She replied straight-faced, "$125.” Equally straight-faced (and quite proud of my poker face), I replied, “no thank you.” Wow! Of course you know my opinion of their products was already colored by the awful stuff in the shower area. I wonder how much they wanted for that shampoo and conditioner?

After my facial I met DH at the room and we went to down to Diversions. Wow! It was quiet in there. Nothing happening yet. While there, we thoroughly enjoyed talking with the bartender, Yelena from Serbia. DH struck up a conversation with her about a friend of his that had just returned home from Belgrade where he spent 17 years mapping out their most holy site (in Orthodoxy) and creating a virtual tour of it. She seemed to be impressed with DHs knowledge of Serbia and the Orthodox religion. DH has a tendency to know a lot about a lot of things and can strike up a conversation with anyone.

While talking with Yelena, I asked her for the drink of the day and she nearly cut me down to size with her eyes. “The drink of the day? You can get that anywhere. I can ‘create’ something for you.” She was quite adamant, so I let her be creative. She returned later, after stepping into the back room (another man at the bar said that she stepped out because that was where the magic happened), with a beautiful yellow and orange frozen drink. It was awesome. I asked her what it was called and she did not have a name for it. She was also rather tight-lipped about what was actually in it.

DSCN0951.jpg

We stayed at Diversions until just before 10:30 when I left to go get us seats in Rockin’ Bar D for the evening’s comedy show (Jeff Civilico…I have to check the spelling on his name.) Without thinking, I moved toward the middle in a row with tables that had absolutely no way for any human person to get in/out of once the remaining tables were filled. And, wouldn’t you know it, a couple of ladies came and sat down at the end. How would DH get in? I apologized in advance to the ladies letting them know that DH was going to be joining me. I’m sure they love me, because when DH arrived, they got up and bumped their own drink spilling it all over themselves and the gentleman in front of them. Sorry! While not directly my fault, I still felt somewhat guilty for it.

The comedy show was great. It lasted about a half an hour and segued into a Spring Break party. Oooooh…here was the nightlife I was looking for. I was going to get to DANCE! Not so. The Spring Break party was a very scripted thing with only prescribed dancing. No nightclub type atmosphere. So, after sticking it out for a little bit, we left. I was actually awake and did not want to go straight back to the room, so we headed over to Sessions where the Navigator said that they were having a tribute to the Rat Pack. I thought this was supposed to be a lounge act, but I think in reality it was just Rat Packish music playing in the background. Nothing exciting here, so we left. We passed a small dessert offering in the hallway outside Rockin’ Bar D, and I’m excited to say we did just that…passed it.

On the way back to the room we stopped and grabbed DD2. Once at the room, the Cruise Fairy had left a new lanyard for her on her bed (she had run out of space on her other one for her pins), and on DD1s bed was a lanyard and TWO pins! (What was the Cruise Fairy thinking? The one pin was the one she missed at dinner…but a second one?) Well, DD2 had a complete and utter meltdown. She was CERTAIN the Cruise Fairy was unfairly favoring her older sister. She was so out of sorts (and loud) that I once again felt terribly sorry for our neighboring staterooms as this meltdown occurred around midnight and the walls are thin. DD2 was punished be receiving an early curfew for the next day.

DD1 wound up closing down Ocean Quest and returned to the room around 1 am….I was quite asleep by that time.

Up next: Nothing like the smell of wet horses, except perhaps the feel of hundreds of mosquitoes making dinner out of you.

After my facial I met DH at the room and we went to down to Diversions. Wow! It was quiet in there. Nothing happening yet. While there, we thoroughly enjoyed talking with the bartender, Yelena from Serbia. DH struck up a conversation with her about a friend of his that had just returned home from Belgrade where he spent 17 years mapping out their most holy site (in Orthodoxy) and creating a virtual tour of it. She seemed to be impressed with DHs knowledge of Serbia and the Orthodox religion. DH has a tendency to know a lot about a lot of things and can strike up a conversation with anyone.

While talking with Yelena, I asked her for the drink of the day and she nearly cut me down to size with her eyes. “The drink of the day? You can get that anywhere. I can ‘create’ something for you.” She was quite adamant, so I let her be creative. She returned later, after stepping into the back room (another man at the bar said that she stepped out because that was where the magic happened), with a beautiful yellow and orange frozen drink. It was awesome. I asked her what it was called and she did not have a name for it. She was also rather tight-lipped about what was actually in it.

DSCN0951.jpg

Up next: Nothing like the smell of wet horses, except perhaps the feel of hundreds of mosquitoes making dinner out of you.

Yelena was our most favorite bartender on board! She is totally awesome.:thumbsup2

Cyndi, I'm glad you posted on facebook that you'd updated this. I have gotten out of the habit of visiting the DIS . . . thanks for the additional installments! Can you believe it's been seven months since we cruised?!?!?

ETA: I guess I should get a different sig, eh? LOL

Cyndi, I'm glad you posted on facebook that you'd updated this. I have gotten out of the habit of visiting the DIS . . . thanks for the additional installments! Can you believe it's been seven months since we cruised?!?!?

ETA: I guess I should get a different sig, eh? LOL

It has been a rather cold and wet spring here in Ohio and I keep wishing I was on the Magic.

Time goes by quickly. I'm sooooo glad I journaled about the trip every day...even when I didn't want to make the time. If I hadn't, I would have forgotten most of it. As it is, I didn't make the time to journal about our time at WDW afterward, so only the big stuff will stand out. The little details are likely lost. I find that quite sad.

I'm glad we're able to stay in touch through Facebook. I wish more of our group were on it.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your TR it was the first one that I read on this forum. It was so well written I really didn't need the pictures:thumbsup2 It was very informative and F-U-N-N-Y :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:!!!!! I look forward to your next TR whenver you go again.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your TR it was the first one that I read on this forum. It was so well written I really didn't need the pictures:thumbsup2 It was very informative and F-U-N-N-Y :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:!!!!! I look forward to your next TR whenver you go again.

Awww...thanks. :)

I'm woefully behind on posting. Maybe subconsciously I feel that if I finish the trip report the "Magic" is over. Hmmmm....

I am finally nearing completion of my digital scrapbook of this trip and found that part of my journaling was missing. I thought, "well, I'll just go to my trip report and copy it from there." Yikes! I never finished it. Sorry to those of you who may have been following along.

Luckily I know where the hardcopy journal is. Once I get it all written down, I'll put some closure on it here.

I am finally nearing completion of my digital scrapbook of this trip and found that part of my journaling was missing. I thought, "well, I'll just go to my trip report and copy it from there." Yikes! I never finished it. Sorry to those of you who may have been following along.

Luckily I know where the hardcopy journal is. Once I get it all written down, I'll put some closure on it here.
PLEASE finish this! It's a fun read :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter