October 17, 2009 Western

I've had a sex change twice. I got a letter from DCL and I was addressed as Mister. I knew it must have been a typo, but I called DCL to make sure it wouldn't affect my reservation. The rep. changed my status to Mrs. I'm a girl again. Whew! I wonder how much of a hassle that would have been when it came time to check in.

Hi, There. I just thought I'd drag this thread out of the depths of page five and give it some light.

Thanks for the bump. It's hard to keep this thread active when the cruise is still more than 18 months away. It must be even harder for you to focus on it when you have your parents-only cruise coming up this September. How is the planning going for September?

Mr. FoP

Hi everyone.
We'll be on this cruise.
We've booked a back to back for DH 50th birthday.
Haven't cruised before, but we have booked a 3 day on the Wonder for August this year.
We are from Kent in England.:)

Thanks for the bump. It's hard to keep this thread active when the cruise is still more than 18 months away. It must be even harder for you to focus on it when you have your parents-only cruise coming up this September. How is the planning going for September?

Mr. FoP

Hi, There! How are you? It looks like even I have lost track of our thread. Thanks for asking about the Parents-Only cruise. We almost had to cancel it! :scared1: We've had some major financial stresses come our way thanks to the IRS's interest in our 2005 tax return (no, we didn't do anything wrong), two nonrent paying tenants, and both our vehicles have age-related maintenance problems. Dh and I put our heads together to pray and to plan and it looks like we're still going in September. I got a part-time job for the specific purpose of saving all my wages for trip. The cruise is already paid for, but there's all the other trip expenses. Those cost even more than the cruise!

It's great to see this thread come alive again. :yay:

Hi everyone.
We'll be on this cruise.
We've booked a back to back for DH 50th birthday.
Haven't cruised before, but we have booked a 3 day on the Wonder for August this year.
We are from Kent in England.:)

Welcome to the group! Is it just you and your dh? Are you traveling with family too?

Hi :)

I have narrowed down all the dates and such to the 10/17/09 cruise :)) Hopefully I will be making a deposit next week. I am so excited!! We are booked for our 8th trip to WDW this Halloween. I have been waiting for my youngest to turn 4 to take this cruise. We cruised 1x before on Carnival and HATED IT. I hope it's worth the money cause it's costing a few thousand more then we spend at WDW or spend at a resort somewhere.

My kids at the time of the cruise will be 4, 13, 10

Hi, Doberlady,

I hope you will be joining us for sure soon.

Our youngest was four the first time we cruised, too. She had a great time. Admittedly, the Club experience had to be handled carefully as it was new to her to be in that environment. She LOVED Scuttler's Cove and didn't want to be anywhere else on the island that day. It was a joy for all us to see the kids having a great vacation on our first ever cruise. We rebooked onboard and all the kids talked about was going back to the clubs!

Our sons will be 13 (3 weeks shy of 14) and 11 by then. Our daughter will be 8 by then.

OK- I am booking today YIPPEEEEEEE

I got 2 cat 9 staterooms.

Welcome to our thread, doberlady, and congratulations on booking!

Yeah for Doberlady~ Good thing you booked before the fuel surcharge goes into effect.

I goofed about my sons' ages when we cruise. They will be 14 (almost 15) and 12. Silly me!

Hello all. We are pleased to announce that we will also be going on this cruise. My wife, daughter, and I were suppose to go on the Oct 20th, 2007 cruise, but we found out that she was expecting and due on November 15th. So the whole family except for us went. This time we are going! We will probably have about four rooms booked among us all. The first room will be my aunt, uncle, and two of my cousins. The second room will be one of my cousins, and her boyfriend. The third room will be my dad, and two other cousins. I think that is what they are doing, but I am not sure. I only know the information about my room. My room will be my wife(28), myself(29), daughter(8), and son(23mos). We were debating weather or not to take son with us or not, but decided that for two hundred dollars more, why not. We will probably be in category nine with a porthole window. The rest of the family already has three rooms booked from the previous cruise(s) that they went on. I on the other hand, am a newbie. Just curious who everyone has booked through. I am looking into dreams unlimited, aaa, as well as dcl itself. Trying to find the best deal possible. Look forward to seeing everyone. FYI, we are all from Wisconsin.

Welcome Chris and family :))

I booked on Saturday morning with DU. I booked a few WDW trips with them and they are great. They saved me around $600 for the cruise vs booking with DCL directly. We are 5 me(45), DH (43), DD(will be 13), DS (will be 10) and last but not least DD (will be 4.5).

We booked 2 cat 9's to save us like $1200. We plan on coming down the day before and staying at a hotel at the port. We will use either Tiffany Town car or FL Tours for R/T carservice. My husband is not dealing with the (2) 1 way car rentals and bringing them back and taking the bus etc.......

I hope we can get a nice group for this cruise and have a meet and such that I see other cruise groups doing. I imagine as time goes on more people will book.

We are going to WDW in 5 months for the 8th time and I could KICK myself for not booking a cruise this year instead. Oh well, will give us something to look forward to.

Yeah for all of us!!:cheer2:

Just curious who everyone has booked through. I am looking into dreams unlimited, aaa, as well as dcl itself. Trying to find the best deal possible.

Welcome, firefighter chris! Glad to hear that you and your family will be joining us. We booked directly through DCL with the onboard discount during our last cruise. It worked out very well, and I expect we'll do it again next time. Only 17 months to go! :banana:

So- who is the "ringleader" here? We should come up with a name

Come on fellow cruisers. We will need to be much more talk-a-tive to keep our thread active. Each person should try to write at least something each day. Heck, I will be the ringleader if I have to. Lol. Well, I am off to work. Hope everyone is having a great day. What room numbers does everyone have, if willing to share. I am booking my reservation through dreams unlimited tomorrow. I can not wait. I already have the quote.

I will happily post everyday. I didn't want you all to get sick of me :yay:

Anyone have any complaints about people posting every day? I just put 1000 dollars down for our room. We will also be flying in on Friday, and leaing on Sunday. No rush to get back to Wisconsin here. I can not wait til thr cruise. I will be in FL from July 2nd through the 9th, for vacation. Might have to sneak on over to Port Canaveral and take some more pictures of the cruise ship. Alright all, I worked 14.5 hours. Good night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter