October 16th, 2022 - 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Bermuda)

The Magic is in Bermuda Today.
You can see that Ants is playing on Funnelvision. :goodvibes

FCA3AA44-4D4A-401A-9EFA-22B37B14B053.jpeg

090C92D5-68ED-42E4-9786-26410713F812.jpeg

Last edited:
To help with the docs make sure you take the photos with your phone camera in a well lit area. Make sure there is no glare on them. If you have to, edit the photos on your phone to try and clear them up.

You can give Bermuda a call. I didn’t wait long on the phone and they can clear you right over the phone and email you your documents right then and there while your on the phone. 1-833-570-2594
I'll call Bermuda later today. Thanks

Here are some early forecasts for our vacation. Remember it can change as we get closer.

New York on Oct 16th: From CBS 3 & AccuWeather

4BBF0BE0-0821-4EB3-B3A8-F4876019A09C.jpeg

C60C5656-AE84-4527-BFAE-1DBAC6C98DC5.jpeg

Bermuda forecast:
0EC13DFA-930C-427D-953A-8985D9C01542.jpeg

38E515A1-620D-4D0F-A59A-56DE364C662B.jpeg

F745DA88-244B-4BC5-A996-9FBB67078047.jpeg

Last edited:

Here are some early forecasts for our vacation. Remember it can change as we get closer.

New York on Oct 16th: From CBS 3 & AccuWeather

View attachment 708914

View attachment 708916

Bermuda forecast:
View attachment 708918

View attachment 708920

View attachment 708921
Not even going to check till Saturday before. Too up in the air until then. However, IF the captain should decide the weathers too rough in the area, what happens then? Don’t think there’s anything close enough to port at instead🤷‍♂️ also what happens to the tourism tax we paid to BM? Going to have a great time regardless of the weather I’m sure!

Safe Passage keeps rejecting my docs are being too blurry. I'll keep sending them and hope I get better resolution. I spoke to them on the phone and if I can't get pre-approved for sailing I can just bring my cards to the port and get approved at the terminal. I'm hoping to avoid that situation.

Still waiting on Bermuda approval as well although my wife already received her approval from both authorities.
I uploaded PDFs of the docs to Safe Passage and they were accepted. Although it might be different with a scottish vaccine certificate.

Photos of the Magic leaving Bermuda on her way back to NYC. Only one more sailing until ours! :goodvibes

93E9A564-0562-44E6-8F6A-BE7EFF5C93AC.jpeg

29C2A2AB-6A7C-436C-B554-AFEAAFF22CE9.jpeg

A95B75DF-3B41-495A-8B05-364AEB64DE1B.jpeg

046AF7FD-2F49-43A3-96D3-A62DC9A86CC7.jpeg

I’m on the Oct 10 Magic to Canada. I will get bingo and rainforest room cost info and post when we are in Bar Harbor. (10/12) I’m not tech savvy enough to post full navigators, but if someone has a specific question I will ask about it. We are one night longer so there will be differences. ArielRae, you did a great job on this thread and the info helped me too.

I’m on the Oct 10 Magic to Canada. I will get bingo and rainforest room cost info and post when we are in Bar Harbor. (10/12) I’m not tech savvy enough to post full navigators, but if someone has a specific question I will ask about it. We are one night longer so there will be differences. ArielRae, you did a great job on this thread and the info helped me too.

Thanks so much!

We are booked for the Canadian sailing next year. It is only stopping in Saint John’s, New Brunswick with 2 sea days. Do you have any excursions planned for that day of yours? We were considering the Maple Sugar Shack and Brunch excursion.

Thanks so much!

We are booked for the Canadian sailing next year. It is only stopping in Saint John’s, New Brunswick with 2 sea days. Do you have any excursions planned for that day of yours? We were considering the Maple Sugar Shack and Brunch excursion.
We had Bay of Fundy scheduled but cancelled because weather looks so bad that day. Bar Harbor and Halifax were why we chose the cruise, we have outings both days. I asked previous cruisers if this route was good and they warned me the weather can be very cold and rainy. Disney cruise Mom did a trip report about her Canadian cruise that was really good.

There is currently an 11:45am port arrive time available if you are looking to move to an earlier arrival time then you have now. The highlighted 11:30am is the time I already have. I keep checking to see if I can move mine closer to 11:00a. Might want to grab it before someone else does If you want it. It is currently 7:20pm on Saturday Oct 8th.

5B194A90-CE3F-4523-B593-6EB39E61553D.jpeg

Just checked at 4:30am and that 11:45am port arrival time has been taken. Hopefully someone following this thread was able to move their time closer. I’ll post if I see anymore early times pop up this week. :goodvibes

Just checked at 4:30am and that 11:45am port arrival time has been taken. Hopefully someone following this thread was able to move their time closer. I’ll post if I see anymore early times pop up this week. :goodvibes
You're so wonderful with all the details for this cruise - thanks so much. On another note, one of my adult daughters is hoping to get tested at the port on Sunday instead of pre-testing at home, etc. Do you know (i) if they're still doing testing at the port and if so (ii) what the cost is? Thanks!

You're so wonderful with all the details for this cruise - thanks so much. On another note, one of my adult daughters is hoping to get tested at the port on Sunday instead of pre-testing at home, etc. Do you know (i) if they're still doing testing at the port and if so (ii) what the cost is? Thanks!
UPDATE: I just called Disney and was told they no longer offer testing at the Manhattan port so my daughter is going to try to get the at home kit from Inspire Diagnostics if it's not too late...fingers crossed

UPDATE: I just called Disney and was told they no longer offer testing at the Manhattan port so my daughter is going to try to get the at home kit from Inspire Diagnostics if it's not too late...fingers crossed

Disney really should send out an email about this cause there will be those that knew about the testing at the port and relying on it and don’t check on changes unless it is sent to them.

Covid testing is 2 days before..so Friday 10/14 am ok? Or should we wait till the afternoon, since we don't get on till then?
I'm thinking in hours at the moment (2 days = 48 hours).

Covid testing is 2 days before..so Friday 10/14 am ok? Or should we wait till the afternoon, since we don't get on till then?
I'm thinking in hours at the moment (2 days = 48 hours).

You can test anytime on Friday & Saturday. For example it can be 5am on Friday and you would be good. We are scheduled for various times 9:30am, 10:00am and 3:00pm on Friday to get our tests done to work with our schedules. Sending you and everyone good vibes towards getting that negative test result. It is our last hurdle.:scared:

Disney really should send out an email about this cause there will be those that knew about the testing at the port and relying on it and don’t check on changes unless it is sent to them.
The woman on the phone wasn't sure so she checked with her guest services who said no. I agree with you - what about folks who see on their website that they can test at the port then arrive and they can't? What do they do then? Glad I called.

FURHTER UPDATE AT 5:30 PM TODAY: I just spoke with Inspire Diagnostics and they said they are definitely doing testing at the port when we embark on the 16th...so much confusion, I'm sorry about all of this. The Disney person I spoke with this morning was wrong. If you're going to test at the port, they would like you to place your order to do so through the the Safe Passage/Inspire link, but if you cannot do that and you show up without anything, they WILL test you there. $77 cost. Apologies again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter