October 16th, 2022 - 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Bermuda)

I’m hoping they approve our documents/security photos today or tomorrow! Got the Bermuda TA approved and Safe Passage approved, but no Disney approval yet. I know they’re backed up and partly shutdown due to Ian though.
Also trying to redeem some Disney Reward Dollars for Onboard credit but the onboard gifts site is also not working 🤷‍♂️ Dread having to sit on hold for 6 hours just to get the credit.
I am on the following cruise that leaves the 21st. We had all of our documents from online check in approved yesterday for both of the reservations I am controlling. So hopefully they will do yours soon.

I Was Correct! :goodvibes

We just got assigned our inside stateroom. We got room #6007. It is a unique sideways style stateroom. Off to try and find a YouTube video to check it out.

Have to see if DH wants to try and upgrade at the port. We so was hoping for a free upgrade like we had been lucky enough to get in the past.

Found a video of a room similar to what we got.

Last edited:

We just got assigned our inside stateroom. We got room #6007. It is a unique sideways style stateroom. Off to try and find a YouTube video to check it out.

Have to see if DH wants to try and upgrade at the port. We so was hoping for a free upgrade like we had been lucky enough to get in the past.
We got 6096

In case I am not overly frustrated on this LOL

Online Check in - Done - got room #7048 - not sure if is good, seems like next to staircase.

Bermuda TA - 2 out of 4 got approved, my minor (2.5) and her aunt still pending.

Safe Passage - What is that LOL - is that a must?

Covid test - probably do all PCR the same day (2 days prior) since my minor is not vaccinated anyways... (planning to let her do it but she's been under the weather *daycare problem*)

In case I am not overly frustrated on this LOL

Online Check in - Done - got room #7048 - not sure if is good, seems like next to staircase.

Bermuda TA - 2 out of 4 got approved, my minor (2.5) and her aunt still pending.

Safe Passage - What is that LOL - is that a must?

Covid test - probably do all PCR the same day (2 days prior) since my minor is not vaccinated anyways... (planning to let her do it but she's been under the weather *daycare problem*)

Bermuda is slowly getting their approvals out. If you don’t have it by Oct 10th call in and they will take care of it.

Yes, Safe Passage is required to sail. You will need their QR code. Each adult will have to complete their own and the child can have theirs completed with one of the adults. Link below, click register new guest. https://dcl.safepassage.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/

Awesome. Hopefully my cruises rooms won’t be to far behind.

Bermuda is slowly getting their approvals out. If you don’t have it by Oct 10th call in and they will take care of it.

Yes, Safe Passage is required to sail. You will need their QR code. Each adult will have to complete their own and the child can have theirs completed with one of the adults. Link below, click register new guest.
That makes sense! QR is generated after they approve right? I just completed the Safe Passage application for me and my child.

According to Bermuda TA, my child will not be approved until she has her PCR results.

"For unimmunized children under 12 we require a negative pre-embarkation test for approval."

So I guess I should time it well and do PCR as soon as possible..

That makes sense! QR is generated after they approve right? I just completed the Safe Passage application for me and my child.

According to Bermuda TA, my child will not be approved until she has her PCR results.

"For unimmunized children under 12 we require a negative pre-embarkation test for approval."

So I guess I should time it well and do PCR as soon as possible..

Yes, you will get a QR code when you are approved. They will ask for it when you check in at the port.

Makes sense they will wait for the childrens TA for Bermuda until after they provide the negative Covid test. :thumbsup2

We also have Disney Rewards Dollars from our Disney Visa and also a large gift card amount to use. We haven’t bother purchasing the on board credit in a long time. It is easier just to take your rewards card or gift card to guest services and have them use that to pay off what amount you want. Just make sure you don’t wait until the last night to do this It can get crowded. If you want to wait until the end of the cruise instead of paying as you go, go to guest services earlier in the day on that last day to take care of your payment.
That’s a great idea! We were just planning to use it towards our bar/coffee tab anyways so that’ll work!
Btw, if you know. I requested a table for 2 a couple months ago (late dining) and I know they can’t guarantee that but I heard there’s a way to check and request again if necessary once we get on board. Would you know where to go for that?

That’s a great idea! We were just planning to use it towards our bar/coffee tab anyways so that’ll work!
Btw, if you know. I requested a table for 2 a couple months ago (late dining) and I know they can’t guarantee that but I heard there’s a way to check and request again if necessary once we get on board. Would you know where to go for that?
Very interested in this too. Did you call DCL to request that? I can't find a way to do that online in the reservation. Its out 30th anniversary and we'd like to have a table of our own. We do have early dining though. In the past we asked at checkin and they told us where to go once we boarded the ship to make sure we had a private table but I would love to do that before the cruise!

The location should be listed in the Navigator where to go or you can ask once onboard. It will be the same location where you would ask to move from one seating time to another. Since you have late dining you have a very good chance at getting that private table.

Very interested in this too. Did you call DCL to request that? I can't find a way to do that online in the reservation. Its out 30th anniversary and we'd like to have a table of our own. We do have early dining though. In the past we asked at checkin and they told us where to go once we boarded the ship to make sure we had a private table but I would love to do that before the cruise!

If you booked the cruise thru Disney you will have to call in to make the request for a private table. It is only a request and they can not guarantee that it will happen. Like chubbyzeus it also helps to go when you get on board to try and confirm you got that private table.

If you booked the cruise thru Disney you will have to call in to make the request for a private table. It is only a request and they can not guarantee that it will happen. Like chubbyzeus it also helps to go when you get on board to try and confirm you got that private table.
This is the way. I must’ve sat on hold a bit over 4 hours to make that request so I had BETTER get that private table! 😂
It’s fine, if we have to sit next to another couple I just hope they’re Giants’ fans and pork roll eaters! Lol

We were in 5509 back in 2011 (when the cruises were so much cheaper). We got assigned 6019, as we did GTY this time (as we discussed on FB, neighbor).

Attachments

• 1664906825335.png
    1664906825335.png
    684.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
We were in 5509 back in 2011 (when the cruises were so much cheaper). We got 6019 (as we discussed on FB, neighbor).

I think we might try for an upgrade at the port if it isn’t horribly priced. The room doesn’t look bad to me, we have been in inside staterooms before but DH was really hoping we would get a verandah upgrade. :rolleyes2

Did anyone on this cruise receive there room assignment yet if you were booked on a GT rate? I am on the following cruise. Just trying to gauge when I will receive my room assignment.
We got our room assignments today.

Did anyone on this cruise receive there room assignment yet if you were booked on a GT rate? I am on the following cruise. Just trying to gauge when I will receive my room assignment.
We got our room assignments this morning.

I think we might try for an upgrade at the port if it isn’t horribly priced. The room doesn’t look bad to me, we have been in inside staterooms before but DH was really hoping we would get a verandah upgrade. :rolleyes2
We can at least try. I do like to have the split bathrooms, but hubby wanted to save $$$.

The Magic is back in NYC. I tried to get her coming in this morning but caught the Norwegian ship coming in instead. The Magic is at pier 90 again so that looks like the pier she is sticking with this year. She used pier 88 in past years.

C5E7A75A-1F7B-408E-BCFA-C2FE68D0BC3C.jpeg

Last edited:
The Magic is back in NYC. I tried to get her coming in this morning but caught the Norwegian ship coming in instead. The Magic is at pier 90 again so that looks like the pier she is sticking with this year. She used pier 88 in past years.

View attachment 708240
I was thinking of taking a walk over to get a look at her today but the rain is keeping me indoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter