• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 14 Miami Magic to Key West

Are they having a Palo Brunch on our cruise? I had heard that they do on some 4 night cruises that done have a sea day. When I first did my online check in, it listed Palo Brunch on Key West day but it was already was sold out (I am Gold and I logged on as soon as I could. I thought it was odd that it was already sold out but I thought maybe they weren't having as many since it was a port day). Now that they switched the itinerary around it shows Palo Brunch sold out for Castaway Cay day. I'm sure they aren't having brunch on Castaway Cay day.

First Call for anyone wishing to participate in a Fish Extender Exchange... if you're not sure what that is, there is a lot of information/links in the PDF file at the top of this page.

General Info:
--Groups will have 10-12 cabins each depending on how many sign up.
--Deadline will be August 7th and I will publish groups within the week following the deadline. There will be a latecomers FE group for anyone joining after the deadline.
--Please note if you want cabins in your same sailing party to be in the same or different FE groups. For example - we have three cabins and I don't want to deliver gifts to them so I will want all three cabins in different groups.
--If you want to participate in more than one group - let me know.
--If you have two cabins and are sharing one Fish Extender - list all the adults and children under one cabin number
--If you have two cabins and you will have an FE on both cabins, send me a PM for each cabin.

Step 1: If your cabin(s) is/are interested in participating in the FE gift exchange please comment here with a simple "Yes" or "Me" or "FE Please" or whatever comes to mind. This is so I have a quick list of everyone and can make sure I get all the information from you.

Step 2: Send me (disneycr8zy) a private message with the following information (if you're unable to send private messages, post it here):
Stateroom number or GTY if not yet assigned
# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
Names/Ages/Gender of children
Favorite character(s) for each person
Celebrations on board (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc)
Allergies or other conditions (include which person has them)
First Cruise Y or N:

If you have questions, please let me know!
Ready - GO!!!

Are they having a Palo Brunch on our cruise? I had heard that they do on some 4 night cruises that done have a sea day. When I first did my online check in, it listed Palo Brunch on Key West day but it was already was sold out (I am Gold and I logged on as soon as I could. I thought it was odd that it was already sold out but I thought maybe they weren't having as many since it was a port day). Now that they switched the itinerary around it shows Palo Brunch sold out for Castaway Cay day. I'm sure they aren't having brunch on Castaway Cay day.

Well just P**P, Just got off the phone with Disney. They had canceled the Brunch on that cruise, Originally it was scheduled for Miami day, But now there is none, notta... I can not face the bride with this.. Not at all ready for all the tears, wails and sobs... And God knows how she will react over this. Well I am not taking this with out a fight,,, Looks like more Mickey bars will be ordered, and a few extra deserts will be tossed in to boot...

And where as I am taking this in good spirits because crap happens and things do change, I am a little let down that Disney did not notify me of the change, especially since I did already make reservations for Polo.

Thanks for the Heads up OKmom

Well just P**P, Just got off the phone with Disney. They had canceled the Brunch on that cruise, Originally it was scheduled for Miami day, But now there is none, notta... I can not face the bride with this.. Not at all ready for all the tears, wails and sobs... And God knows how she will react over this. Well I am not taking this with out a fight,,, Looks like more Mickey bars will be ordered, and a few extra deserts will be tossed in to boot...

And where as I am taking this in good spirits because crap happens and things do change, I am a little let down that Disney did not notify me of the change, especially since I did already make reservations for Polo.

Thanks for the Heads up OKmom

Well darn, we love brunch..

PRELIMINARY MIXOLOGY SIGNUP: I need to get a preliminary count of how many adults are interested in attending a mixology class to start the process with DCL. Mixology is a class with the ship bartenders where you learn to mix (and drink) 4-5 different cocktails.

When: I am requesting 1 class on Thursday at 4pm (Key West onboard time 3pm) and 1-2 classes on Friday at 2 and 4pm (Nassau). Classes are about 45-60 minutes in length.

For: Adults over the age 21
Class size: Approx. 20 adults.
Cost: $20.00/per guest and charged to your stateroom irregardless if you show up or not.

If you are interested, please reply here or send me a PM with the following information:
1) How many participants:
2) Name of Adults attending with the stateroom number for each adult
- some of you may be traveling with other guests in different rooms
3) Your first and second choice for day and time you prefer for the class.

Once I receive confirmation from DCL, I will ask you to confirm that you still want to participate, as once I submit your name & cabin number to DCL you will be charged for the class.

Second Call (if you have already commented on the First Call or PM'd me you do not need to do so again) for anyone wishing to participate in a Fish Extender Exchange... if you're not sure what that is, there is a lot of information/links in the PDF file at the top of this page.

General Info:
--Deadline will be August 7th and I will publish groups within the week following the deadline. There will be a latecomers FE group for anyone joining after the deadline.
--Please note if you want cabins in your same sailing party to be in the same or different FE groups. For example - we have three cabins and I don't want to deliver gifts to them so I will want all three cabins in different groups.
--If you have two cabins and are sharing one Fish Extender - list all the adults and children under one cabin number
--If you have two cabins and you will have an FE on both cabins, send me a PM for each cabin.

Step 1: If your cabin(s) is/are interested in participating in the FE gift exchange please comment here with a simple "Yes" or "Me" or "FE Please" or whatever comes to mind. This is so I have a quick list of everyone and can make sure I get all the information from you.

Step 2: Send me (Ruth Goodman) a private message (PM) with the following information:
# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
First Cruise Y or N:

Ready - GO!!!

Third Call (if you have already commented on the First or Second Call or PM'd me you do not need to do so again) for anyone wishing to participate in a Fish Extender Exchange... if you're not sure what that is, there is a lot of information/links in the PDF file at the top of this page.

General Info:

Step 2: Send me (Ruth Goodman) a private message (PM) with the following information:
# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
First Cruise Y or N:

Ready - GO!!!

General ?-

Does anyone know if DCL sells newly released disney movies on the ship? Sailing on the Oct. 14th Magic cruise and Aladdin will be released from the vault on the 13th. I was hoping to buy it on the ship :D

Can anyone share their experience with dramamine patches vs. seaband wristbands? Which works best for the little ones? Thanks for your reply! :mickeybar

PRELIMINARY MIXOLOGY SIGNUP: I need to get a preliminary count of how many adults are interested in attending a mixology class to start the process with DCL. Mixology is a class with the ship bartenders where you learn to mix (and drink) 4-5 different cocktails.

When: I am requesting 1 class on Thursday at 4pm (Key West onboard time 3pm) and 1-2 classes on Friday at 2 and 4pm (Nassau). Classes are about 45-60 minutes in length.

For: Adults over the age 21
Class size: Approx. 20 adults.
Cost: $20.00/per guest and charged to your stateroom irregardless if you show up or not.

If you are interested, please reply here or send me a PM with the following information:
1) How many participants:
2) Name of Adults attending with the stateroom number for each adult
- some of you may be traveling with other guests in different rooms
3) Your first and second choice for day and time you prefer for the class.

Once I receive confirmation from DCL, I will ask you to confirm that you still want to participate, as once I submit your name & cabin number to DCL you will be charged for the class.

We are interested.

Key West day..
2 participants stateroom 8078 - Melanie and Manuel
2nd choice...later Nassau day

First Call for anyone wishing to participate in a Fish Extender Exchange... if you're not sure what that is, there is a lot of information/links in the PDF file at the top of this page.

General Info:

Step 2: Send me (disneycr8zy) a private message with the following information (if you're unable to send private messages, post it here):
# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
First Cruise Y or N:

Ready - GO!!!

YES we are interested. I will PM you.

Second Call (if you have already commented on the First Call or PM'd me you do not need to do so again) for anyone wishing to participate in a Fish Extender Exchange... if you're not sure what that is, there is a lot of information/links in the PDF file at the top of this page.

General Info:

# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
First Cruise Y or N:

Ready - GO!!!

We are interested in participating in the FE. Thanks!!

We are interested in participating in the FE. Thanks!!

Since you can't send a private message yet - would you please add the following information:
# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
First Cruise Y or N:

Thank you!

Since you can't send a private message yet - would you please add the following information:
# of Adults
# of Children
Names of Adults
First Cruise Y or N:

Thank you!

1 Adult
1 Child
Names of Adults: Lindsay
Child: Kendall/7/F
Kendall- Any princess
Lindsay- Goofy
Celebrations on board (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc): N/A
Allergies or other conditions (include which person has them): N/A
First Cruise Y or N: Y

Thanks!!

1 Adult
1 Child
Kendall- Any princess
Lindsay- Goofy

Thanks!!

Oh I forgot the Stateroom number: 1070

1 Adult
1 Child
Kendall- Any princess
Lindsay- Goofy

Thanks!!

In case anyone is personalizing gifts - would you tell me your last name and where you're from?

General ?-

Does anyone know if DCL sells newly released disney movies on the ship? Sailing on the Oct. 14th Magic cruise and Aladdin will be released from the vault on the 13th. I was hoping to buy it on the ship :D

I've never noticed, but then I'm not sure if any have been released during one of our previous cruises. My guess would be yes - but you can confirm by calling Disney Cruise Line and asking!

Can anyone share their experience with dramamine patches vs. seaband wristbands? Which works best for the little ones? Thanks for your reply! :mickeybar

Never had to use one - and neither did the 4 year old we had with us. Sorry :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter