October 11, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic (San Juan)

Hi!..... I haven't posted in a while, but just went through the last few pages and wanted to give my input.
On our last cruise, we had the same problems with FE. People flying from all over the US having luggage issues, shipping costs, etc...... Just for FE gifts.
We decided to split the group, and send BOTH lists to all participants. WE got to choose if we would do only the group we were assigned to, or both.
I did the 1 group, while I know others did both.... Mostly local people who were not flying.
Also, there was no set schedule..... You dropped off when you had time...... Some days we got LOTS of stuff, some days just 1. But it worked.... There was never a day when our FE was empty.

Just some
Notes I thought i would share..... I know it can get overwhelming as the group grows, and some people feel they can't do it, and just drop out. Instead of having that happen, we can just do something similar and help everyone be able to participate.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Hi!.....

We decided to split the group, and send BOTH lists to all participants. WE got to choose if we would do only the group we were assigned to, or both.
I did the 1 group, while I know others did both....
Also, there was no set schedule..... You dropped off when you had time...... Some days we got LOTS of stuff, some days just 1. But it worked.... There was never a day when our FE was empty.
These r all excellent thoughts!!!!

Thanks for posting this, I just went on asking to be a member. And I PMed to get into the FE exchange.

I just booked today...I am SO beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Only 515 days till we sail!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Wht category did you book?

Hi!..... I haven't posted in a while, but just went through the last few pages and wanted to give my input.
On our last cruise, we had the same problems with FE. People flying from all over the US having luggage issues, shipping costs, etc...... Just for FE gifts.
I did the 1 group, while I know others did both.... Mostly local people who were not flying.

Just some
Notes I thought i would share..... I know it can get overwhelming as the group grows, and some people feel they can't do it, and just drop out. Instead of having that happen, we can just do something similar and help everyone be able to participate.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

:thumbsup2 ITA!

I really like the idea of leaving it open to give to everyone or just your group. Our last cruise was a westbound PC cruise and there were no groups. We had a great experience with the FE but it took me the whole two weeks to pass out my FE gifts. Since this is a much shorter cruise, I don't think I would sign up if I had to give to every cabin. However, if there were smaller groups, I would love to participate again.

Hey! We booked this cruise on our Fantasy Eastern in March. We're still not 100% in but I decided to go ahead and jump in on the thread. We LOVE the Magic and really looking forward to sailing on her again. This date works great as it's the week after our anniversary and the kids already have 2 days off of school due to Columbus day. Dd will be a sophomore but the schools here are great working with the kids. They understand that vacationing is not only learning too but much needed family time. The only thing that would get in the way is quarterly testing. But I think it'll be the week before if the calendar falls the same as it has before.

Along for the cruise will me Carmen, DH Jarrod, DD Haley (15 at time of cruise) and DS Cameron (8 at time). I'm sure DD would love to meet some other girls before the cruise. She's very shy and it would help her out to "know" some girls ahead of time. Maybe they can chat via facebook???

We are trying to convince some friends to go with us. They are seriously considering it but are expecting a baby this September and plan on buying a house next summer. But we all know we'd have so much fun vacationing together :-)

Anyway, this will make DCL cruise #5 for DH and I and #4 for the kids. I was trying to convince DH that he and I needed to sail on the Wonder out of Galveston again this October for our anniversary but he's already got something up his sleeve :-). So, this is our next DCL cruise. Seems so far away but we do have a NCL Alaskan book for next May and I have 3 trips to WDW booked. I think I have plenty to keep me busy!

BTW, looked tonight at prices and our room has already gone up $700 since March! Glad I booked when I did!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:wave2: Carmen and family

Welcome aboard! I think we were on the Jan 11 Panama cruise at the same time.

Hey! We booked this cruise on our Fantasy Eastern in March. We're still not 100% in but I decided to go ahead and jump in on the thread. We LOVE the Magic and really looking forward to sailing on her again. This date works great as it's the week after our anniversary and the kids already have 2 days off of school due to Columbus day. Dd will be a sophomore but the schools here are great working with the kids. They understand that vacationing is not only learning too but much needed family time. The only thing that would get in the way is quarterly testing. But I think it'll be the week before if the calendar falls the same as it has before.

Along for the cruise will me Carmen, DH Jarrod, DD Haley (15 at time of cruise) and DS Cameron (8 at time). I'm sure DD would love to meet some other girls before the cruise. She's very shy and it would help her out to "know" some girls ahead of time. Maybe they can chat via facebook???

We are trying to convince some friends to go with us. They are seriously considering it but are expecting a baby this September and plan on buying a house next summer. But we all know we'd have so much fun vacationing together :-)

Anyway, this will make DCL cruise #5 for DH and I and #4 for the kids. I was trying to convince DH that he and I needed to sail on the Wonder out of Galveston again this October for our anniversary but he's already got something up his sleeve :-). So, this is our next DCL cruise. Seems so far away but we do have a NCL Alaskan book for next May and I have 3 trips to WDW booked. I think I have plenty to keep me busy!

BTW, looked tonight at prices and our room has already gone up $700 since March! Glad I booked when I did!!!

My DD will be 2 months away from 15 at the time of the cruise. PM me here if you want to exchange info.

My DD will be 15 as well. I don't let her FB, but would be happy to exchange emails as we get closer.

Is there an updated FE list somewhere and I'm missing it? FB saying there are 100 families wanting to do the FE, but I only see 28 listed. :dance3:

Is there an updated FE list somewhere and I'm missing it? FB saying there are 100 families wanting to do the FE, but I only see 28 listed. :dance3:

The link to the FE List is on the first page in Post 2.

I have one additional modification to make in the morning.

I am here and on FB. I just want to clarify for those not on FB. I don't see where anyone said there are 100 families for the FE list. Someone made a comment that our FB page has 104 people and then the discussion about how large people think the FE list will be and others talked about their other cruises, either upcoming or past having over 100 families participating in the FE and what they have done (to split or not to split). (This was also where the discussion came up to take a poll as to what we do when things get closer as most believe that the FE list is going to be HUGE!)

At the time I'm typing this, according to SSanders' updated list, the FE is now 32 rooms with 104 people.

My cruise in Oct 2013 only has 17 rooms participating so far, next year is almost double and we are still 17 months out! Yikes.

Thanks for the updated FE list! Sorry I made the mistake with the number of people doing the FE .

Here are the directions...it's so easy!!!
Rules:
Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet (then cross same off the list below) then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door.Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 8090 on the last night of the cruise
Disney Cruise Line – Southern Caribbean Cruise
Oct 11-18 2014

I will print off one copy of this magnet, send it room to room with pens, list and lanyard. Send magnet, list, pens, lanyard only to those listed on the list. Return to me before the last night. When we get back, I will scan and post the picture on FB and Disboards so everyone can print out and enjoy their own copy! Enjoy!!!

Once I get names of those interested, I will add them to the list and post so everyone knows who is in!

DisneyMagicSouthernCaribbeanRoamingGnome_zps62814fd3.png

Just joined the group and wanted to read through all the previous posts before making my 'intro' post- but DH and I would love to do this too! Actually thinking of doing something similar for my Eastern on the Fantasy in September!

Hello all!

Nikki here! (with DH somewhere around- his name is Stacey. Yes, he's a boy...we get some interesting looks about that one;) )

I have been lurking on the Dis for a number of years before I joined in 2011 to prepare for a cruise on the Dream in 2012, but never really was super active here. I'm not super active at FB either- but I did join over there today as well. I was trying to decided whether we would book the 4-11th Southern or the 11-18th Southern- but this group seems fun, so I think we're staying here.

We don't have any kids, and I'm about to graduate from residency, so by the cruise I will have done my first year in private practice! :cool1: I have the luck of having about 4 weeks of vacation a year (and 250k in med education debt, but who's counting right? :rotfl2:) so either week would have worked for us. I figure more people took this itinerary though because it crossed a holiday and that's one less vacay/school day to take off?

I probably will not be super active here, I have a trip on the Fantasy for my birthday (Eastern Sept 21) and a trip on the Connie (X cruise line) as a big meet with another group in early Feb to do before this one, but I LOVE to plan and love to have stuff to look forward to on the horizon!

We haven't booked yet, hoping to do so on the Fantasy, but if it starts to look like we will sell out of the category I'm hoping to sail in, we will jump in. One thing I wasn't sure about was how it works if you book and put down a deposit on an sailing (say this one) and then on the ship you want to book that same sailing. I'm sure they can cancel the 1st one, but do they just roll your deposit into the on board booking?

Once we take this cruise, I will just need the Wonder and I will have sailed all four ships! We were supposed to be on the Magic right now, but I ended up VERY sick in early March and had surgery and all that jazz and it depleted my PTO so we will be doing it in 2015 if the Magic continues to go to the Med by then.

Enough about me, just wanted to say hi! I look forward to chatting and meeting with everyone, and for those on both lists (FB and Dis) sorry for the double post!

Just joined the group and wanted to read through all the previous posts before making my 'intro' post- but DH and I would love to do this too! Actually thinking of doing something similar for my Eastern on the Fantasy in September!

I added you to the list :)

Hello all!

Nikki here! (with DH somewhere around- his name is Stacey. Yes, he's a boy...we get some interesting looks about that one;) )

We haven't booked yet, hoping to do so on the Fantasy, but if it starts to look like we will sell out of the category I'm hoping to sail in, we will jump in. One thing I wasn't sure about was how it works if you book and put down a deposit on an sailing (say this one) and then on the ship you want to book that same sailing. I'm sure they can cancel the 1st one, but do they just roll your deposit into the on board booking?

Welcome Nikki and Stacey! :wave2:

You certainly can book a cruise now and then check once you're on board your next cruise to see if they can get you a better price and on-board credit. If your category is still being sold, you'll be able to keep your same cabin and the deposit paid will roll over to your new booking.

sperkins921 said:
Hello all!

I have been lurking on the Dis for a number of years before I joined in 2011 to prepare for a cruise on the Dream in 2012, but never really was super active here. I'm not super active at FB either- but I did join over there today as well. I was trying to decided whether we would book the 4-11th Southern or the 11-18th Southern- but this group seems fun, so I think we're staying here.

Hi Nikki! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter