October 11, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic (San Juan)

I guess that was me you are referring to then...I simply stated that since I'm flying into PR, that if the group was very large and didn't split that I wouldn't be able to participate...sorry if you thought that was inappropriate...I was just letting people know what my situation would be...it's just too expensive to fly with multiple bags.

And I thought the comment about splitting the group and being able to join multiple groups if you wanted was an awesome idea.

So sad to see all this drama on both FB and the Dis over something as much fun as the FE :sad2:

Lol. A lot of people feel the same way you do. If the group gets too large it will be hard to fly or ship that many gifts

My DH loves Star Wars and my Oldest Son used to beg me to Change his name to LUKE!!

How are the reservations going for everyone in SAN JUAN? I still don't know where we are stayng over night before cruise?

I wish there was more cruises from Disney with multiple ports like this. I like the idea of 6 days visiting all these awesome places

FB sucks the life out of meet threads on the DIS. I can tell you that is one reason why I have stopped posting here - I already know that with over 500 days until this cruise, everyone is forming bonds over on FB and we'll be on the outside looking in. I'm an adult, not in high school, so I decided this clique business is not happening to our family again like it did on the Fantasy in June. Our March cruise was amazing; no FB page. We had over 200 pages of DIS chatter and a super fun meet and cruise. I never felt like the stranger at a family reunion. I can see this happening here already. It always does; FB page created, DIS meet thread dies. People say they are going to update the DIS thread with info with good intentions, which they try to do, but lets be honest -- is it the same as actively participating in the conversation? Nope.

So, instead of being bitter, I'm done with the DIS meet threads, because they all go to FB now. Even our 2-night cruise to no where in Oct has a FB page!! Really? A FB page for a TWO night cruise that will be over before it begins?!?!? Anyways, I'll continue to join the FE as long as my daughter wants to, and that's it (and will give to every room - luggage space or not!!). I'm not joining anymore meet threads after this cruise. It's just NOT worth it. It's my choice not to have a FB account and I don't think DH or I ever will. We are in the minority and realize that, but people with FB should look at the other side and think about what it might be like for us.

Long story short, dizzi, that's why I'm MIA. I am still subscribed to the thread, but it's doubtful that I'll be posting much if at all anymore.

See ya on board!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have to agree with you, and I have a facebook page. I've been cruising since 1999, and just discovered the DisBoards last year. We were super excited for the FE last year & looking forward to it this year. I've been mainly lurking here & Facebook. It is sad that something I just discovered is so splintered. We are excited to be able to "know" some people on day one on the cruise.

A BEUTIFUL day here in Sunny Florida, for some reason the good weather mkes me want to cruise even more!!!

Congrats on her graduation. How long will you be at Disneyland for?

We'll be there 4 days; staying at the DLH. I just noticed you live in Anaheim! So jealous. I would love to be close enough to pop over to DLR whenever the mood strikes (which would be all the time!).

just stopping by and saying HI: Minnesota has finally gotten spring right into summer. Getting ready for our June trip home can't wait to see all the Starwars stuff.

I agree with Hollywood Glitter that I wish we had the SW weekends here on the West Coast too. :darth: But I read that we do have a new "build your own droid" in the park so we'll definitely be checking that out in June!

How are the reservations going for everyone in SAN JUAN? I still don't know where we are stayng over night before cruise?

I think we are going to stay at the Hotel El Convento (sp?) but they aren't taking reservations for Oct 2014 yet. Silly them - don't they have any sympathy for overplanners like me?!

Thanks for posting this, I just went on asking to be a member. And I PMed to get into the FE exchange.

I just booked today...I am SO beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Only 515 days till we sail!

:welcome:

Thanks for the FB link.

We just booked our onboard ressies for our Panama Canal cruise today! :cool1:

I haven't even thought about where we are staying yet in PR. I am sure there is plenty of time to do that since the cruise is over a year away.

Can't wait to get back to Grenada and show it to our daughter!

I think we're being a little premature in many ways. I mainly lurk from time to time because, let's face it, we're still about 1.5 years away from sailing.

I don't think there is a ton of activity on Facebook or here on the DIS. I do not participate in fish extenders, so I skip the posts about it.

I would mainly want a general meet and greet on the first day, just to casually meet others and say hi as we run into each other on the ship. I don't think meets throughout the cruise work for me, because I like doing Navigator activities or enjoy time on my own terms.

If there are any like-minded people who wish to do this, great. If you want more meets, that's fine, too. I am just sharing my personal preferences.

I check here from time to time to see if people have insight about cruise excursions or other planning info. But other than that, you probably won't see me post much.

BriarRosie - have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip, let us know how you like it. That's one I'd love to do someday.

BriarRosie - have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip, let us know how you like it. That's one I'd love to do someday.

Thanks. I did this same Adventures by Disney tour 5 years ago. But, since then, they've tweaked and added different stuff to it, so I am looking forward to seeing what changes they've made. :thumbsup2

I would like to join the FE, but can't PM yet have not posted enough post yet. Help! I have joined the FB page so if someone wants to IM me I 'll give the info so the can add me. :banana:

Is anyone going on the 3-day cruise on May 23rd. This will be our 5th cruise and can't wait. Just hate that it's a 3 day and not a 7 day. My son plays summer baseball so this was the only one we could make.:thumbsup2

Thanks for offering to get my info. I have finally have enough post to leave a PM. If it does not show up in a few weeks I'll send you the info on FB thanks :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter