Oct sold Out resorts

I saw this thread yesterday and kinda panicked...I hadn't tacked on Fri and Sat night for my week long stay at WDW in Oct. I have Sun-Fri (9-14) at the BWV...and I knew I was going to stay at a WDW resort for the following weekend (14, 15 and 16.) So I finally booked it today, worrying that all the resorts were booked up. well, my first choice, POFQ standard, was available! It is a STEEP $150 a night, but I am hoping I will get a FL Res rate when they open up!

So mid Oct is still available!

While searching for the great big mystery of October you overlooked a very obvious reason.While American schools are early in the school year all British ,Irish and many European schools have been at it for months. it is half term the second and third week for them and hundreds of thousands of them come to Florida on their two week school holiday breaks.

Already most of those flights from Europe are SOLD OUT.

Yes, I already saw that on another thread. Anyway, no trouble booking for mid October for me! :Pinkbounc

We are at POR Oct 2-9. Our neighbors decided to go with us and tried to get the same resort/dates, but they were told it was booked. This was right at the end of the first free dining window, and they had to book at CBR instead.

I should have them check again, just for the heck of it, to see if maybe they can get into POR now. Maybe there have been cancellations. Or, is it a lost cause?

Andy

We are staying at the Swan on 10/6 - 10/8, nothing is available for 10/5, so there must be a convention at the hotel at that time also.

My daughter has 2 1/2 days off from school during that week so that the teachers can attend a convention in Orlando at the Orange County Convention.

asaj said:
We are at POR Oct 2-9. Our neighbors decided to go with us and tried to get the same resort/dates, but they were told it was booked. This was right at the end of the first free dining window, and they had to book at CBR instead.

I should have them check again, just for the heck of it, to see if maybe they can get into POR now. Maybe there have been cancellations. Or, is it a lost cause?

Andy

I would definately keep trying... I was able to get POR a couple times in the past 2 weeks for the dates of 9/30-10/8 before I finally changed AGAIN for CR....

In late July, We booked Beach Club Villas and Old Key West for the week of October 15 - 22 with out a problem. Good luck to all trying to book.

Our public schools get the Columbus Day week off for Fall break. DD19 also gets the last half of the week off from college.

Sheila

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest