oct 20 2012 Magic can happen!

I just checked and on Deck 3 there is a Promenade Lounge. It looks like an ok place to meet. Is anyone familiar with it? Sherry

By the way, have we arranged a disboards meet for this cruise? I have read that some cruises pick a place during the sail away party. Anyone else interested in putting names to faces? :). Sherry

You can count me in and Im looking forward to meeting everyone

This is a slow thread. I wonder if it means we have a small amount of people sailing with us. :cool1:
I heard from a travel agent that the Disney Cruises were slow booking out of Galveston Port. Disney signed a two year deal to sail out of Galveston and I hope they keep it as a port since it so close to home. I see a few of us on this thread are from Texas so if we keep sailing out of Galveston we can continue sailing with Disney. Sherry

They actually added great TA appriciation rates to this sailing as well as two in November. Hoping to fill up ship and then get TAs to promote to their clients.

3pmish before the muster drill sounds like a great time to meet. We're good on meeting at the PL but being a newbie, really anything picked will be good with us. ;)

2 1/2 weeks and we will be stepping on board!! :cool1:

Sherry - I've been slowly packing for two weeks now. Can barely sit on my sofa anymore. :hyper: :blush:

Wow, I thought I was starting early to pack but you are way ahead of me. Now I have to go thru everything again. With a formal,semi formal and costume night then throw in a pirate night I won't have room for regular clothes. :cool1: Sherry

Oh my I haven't even started to think about packing. No point, if I were to even take a suitcase out my kids would know something was up and bug me nonstop every day.

I will pack a day or two ahead. Likely right before bed that Friday. Dw is traveling a bit between now and the anyhow.

Pl on deck 3 around 3pm sounds like a plan to me.

Glad to know there is some acrivity for this cruise, we booked a few months ago but have been on the Cruise Critic roll call where not much is going on!
We are B J (grandmother), Haley (daughter and mom), and Callen (4 yr old son/grandson) This is Callen's 1st cruise, my daughters 2nd and my 1st on Disney but a Diamond Plus Cruiser on RCCL. We would be interested in the fish extender exchange or any tips you might have for a Disney newbie.
I will go back and read some of the posts, I promise :)

B J

seatsbybj said:
Glad to know there is some acrivity for this cruise, we booked a few months ago but have been on the Cruise Critic roll call where not much is going on!
We are B J (grandmother), Haley (daughter and mom), and Callen (4 yr old son/grandson) This is Callen's 1st cruise, my daughters 2nd and my 1st on Disney but a Diamond Plus Cruiser on RCCL. We would be interested in the fish extender exchange or any tips you might have for a Disney newbie.

B J

Howdy friend from cc.

Hooray another cruiser. Welcome. First thing is we are meeting on sail away day at 3:00 pm at the Promenade Lounge on deck 3. We are hoping to put names to faces. We are so close to cruising that we picked Oct 1 as a cut off date for the Fish Extender Exchange.
You will find out a lot of info as you read the past 9 pages. I am a Disney First time Cruiser as well but we have repeat cruisers as well and they are great at answering questions. :cool1: Ask away. Sherry

seatsbybj said:

B J

Welcome BJ! This is me and my kids first cruise (DH cruised as a single bachelor many times before) so we are excited to experience it all.

I mentioned on cc the meet and greet in hope that with both boards we can greet more and chat. Always nice to meet more cruisers who like to chat ahead of cruises.

Can someone who has cruised Disney before explain the lanyards to me. I know that as a first time Disney Cruiser I don't get a lanyard so I went and got some sor dh and I. What do you use the lanyards for? Room Key? I have always kept my key in my back pocket. I can see how the kids might need lanyards for ID. Is this just a Disney thing? pirate: Sherry

Can someone who has cruised Disney before explain the lanyards to me. I know that as a first time Disney Cruiser I don't get a lanyard so I went and got some sor dh and I. What do you use the lanyards for? Room Key? I have always kept my key in my back pocket. I can see how the kids might need lanyards for ID. Is this just a Disney thing? pirate: Sherry

everyone is different- I use one usually every cruise- princess, HAL, disney
DH never wants a lanyard. the kids dont really need one (at least ours) as they are too young to walk around to the cabin on their own but I keep all of their cards on a single lanyard for shore trips (or DH keeps in his wallet).

the kids have lanyards this cruise as we are going to try pin trading for the 1st time- I ordered 100 for $25 on an ebay auction and they have already divided them up and have their lanyards ready:rotfl:
they are counting the sleeps til we go-- that would be 14 sleeps as of today.

THEY CANT WAIT!!:beach:

We are so close to sailing. My husband laughed at me for packing already. But I am the one gathering all the "special clothes" we need for this cruise.
Is anyone on this forum flying in? I see a lot of us are from Texas. Just wondered if anyone had to fly in. :cool1: Sherry

My youngest DD & I will be on this cruise as well. Haven't started packing just yet, so many other things to get in order first. Working on our stateroom door magnets, making my packing list as I do for every trip as without it I will end up forgetting something.

We are flying in from WI and are crossing our fingers that the airline doesn't lose our bags like last time! Disney was a huge help- our bags were flown into the first port by airline because they messed up so we didn't have bags for 3 days. What a mess! BUT... We were well taken care of because that's what Disney does best.We have been busy working on our fish extender gifts. The kids are so excited although nervous because there are many if any kids signed up their age. 17 son, 10 dd, and 9 son. I told them not everyone signs up for our group and there will be others.
We are looking forward to the warm weather as our highs for the days are starting to be only in the 50s....
Can't wait, and I would say we would meet but are not sure with our flight if we would be there, however, if we are some of us will drop in!
Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get the American girl store from the airport? My DD loves American girl and I am sure will be bringing one, but wants to see if we can go to the store in TX. The closest store to us is in Chicago and we have been there probably a dozen times but my DD wants to see if this store is different.

Which airport are you flying into. We have two. Houston Hobby and Bush International. Bush is way northeast and Bush is southeast. Memorial City Mall is on I 10 West at Gessner. I am guessing but it would 45 minutes to an hour from Bush and 30 to 45 minutes from Hobby. Both times are depending on traffic. Houston traffic is crazy sometimes. :crazy2: Sherry

We are flying into Bush Intercontinental. So I am thinking going to AG might be out of the plans.

Anybody else flying in?

skayrobe said:
We are so close to sailing. My husband laughed at me for packing already. But I am the one gathering all the "special clothes" we need for this cruise.
Is anyone on this forum flying in? I see a lot of us are from Texas. Just wondered if anyone had to fly in. :cool1: Sherry

I purchased and put aside to pack some mini bar supplies...so nice Disney lets us carry it on for in cabin consumption.

Missed watching sal away. If folks not aware Galveston Web cam cruise cam will show sail away for friends who want to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter