Oct 18-25, 2014 Eastern Fantasy

Hello all! DH and I booked this cruise last week. It was an impulsive move, but we've never sailed the Fantasy and have never taken a cruise with an Eastern itinerary. We grabbed a VGT cabin. I'm looking forward to a new adventure since I've only sailed on the Disney Wonder (5x's). It looks like there is a very active disboards group going! :)

For those that still wish to be added to the Pixie Dust list can you send me the following info? Thanks! :cool2:

Adults in room
Kids in room, gender, and age
Special events
Dinner seating
Room number
Any allergies or special info!
Do the adults in the room drink?

Also I'll need an email address to send the list to as I can't post it in here for some reason. Thanks!

Hi, I am new to the forum and see that I missed the cut off to sign up for fe. I was going to send my information to be added to the wait list, but it will not allow me to send an email or PM due to not posting enough.

Is there another option? Thanks!

Hi, I am new to the forum and see that I missed the cut off to sign up for fe. I was going to send my information to be added to the wait list, but it will not allow me to send an email or PM due to not posting enough.

Is there another option? Thanks!

I was just wondering the same thing! I'm completely green to this "forum" environment.

LiveLaughLove94- Can you post your info here in the forum if you feel comfortable doing so? If not, I'm afraid you'll have to post random things in other threads to give you the post necessary to message me. :lmao: I've done that before myself. I will be leaving for a business trip in the morning and will send out the update when I get back Friday so you have some time! Thanks.

Question, anyone booked as GTY get there room/cabin assignment yet? Booked about a year ago wondering if I will be finding out dockside. First Dis cruise

We just booked this cruise last week :). It is our first cruise ever! My husband is finishing up a year long deployment and we are taking this cruise as a welcome home :). It will me my husband and I and our 2 boys, ages 5 and 6. Can't wait!! I have a few questions, we booked a VGT room, any idea when we will get our room assignment? Should we bring Halloween costumes AND Pirate gear? What is a typical dress code? Trying to make sure I have everything planned out and purchased before hubby comes home!

I checked tonight and our 5E GTY was assigned today.This was a pleasant surprise t get aft room with the oversized balcony. 53 days and counting and very happy. It will suit our needs and besides it is just two of us,,,,,,

We just booked this cruise last week :). It is our first cruise ever! My husband is finishing up a year long deployment and we are taking this cruise as a welcome home :). It will me my husband and I and our 2 boys, ages 5 and 6. Can't wait!! I have a few questions, we booked a VGT room, any idea when we will get our room assignment? Should we bring Halloween costumes AND Pirate gear? What is a typical dress code? Trying to make sure I have everything planned out and purchased before hubby comes home!

You'll have a fantastic time. Congrats! And thank you to you and your husband for the service he does and the sacrifices you make.

Typically you'll see *GT assignments 2-3 weeks out, I believe. Yes, bring Halloween costumes and pirate gear. They'll have Halloween parties and costume contests in addition to the usual Pirate night.

As far as dress code for dinner, on most casual nights you'll see a lot of shorts, khaki pants and polo shirts in the dining room. Last year our kids were 4 and 7 for the cruise and frankly we didn't bother dressing them up much for dinner. No one seemed to mind. This cruise has a formal night, which I understand many people doll up for. Maybe a suit for guys, dressy outfit for ladies. But it is technically optional.

I haven't ever seen anyone harassed over clothing, and the unofficial rule seems to be as long as you aren't wearing something raggedy or swimwear, you'll probably be okay. (The exception being Palo and Remy, which do enforce their dress codes.)

Our daughters will be 8 and 5 for this cruise; maybe your kids would like to meet up with ours in the kid's club sometime.

You'll have a fantastic time. Congrats! And thank you to you and your husband for the service he does and the sacrifices you make. Typically you'll see *GT assignments 2-3 weeks out, I believe. Yes, bring Halloween costumes and pirate gear. They'll have Halloween parties and costume contests in addition to the usual Pirate night. As far as dress code for dinner, on most casual nights you'll see a lot of shorts, khaki pants and polo shirts in the dining room. Last year our kids were 4 and 7 for the cruise and frankly we didn't bother dressing them up much for dinner. No one seemed to mind. This cruise has a formal night, which I understand many people doll up for. Maybe a suit for guys, dressy outfit for ladies. But it is technically optional. I haven't ever seen anyone harassed over clothing, and the unofficial rule seems to be as long as you aren't wearing something raggedy or swimwear, you'll probably be okay. (The exception being Palo and Remy, which do enforce their dress codes.) Our daughters will be 8 and 5 for this cruise; maybe your kids would like to meet up with ours in the kid's club sometime.

Thank you! I'm sure my boys would love to meet up with your girls! I appreciate the quick response to my questions, I'm sure as it gets closer I will be posting more and more lol

Hi Everyone!

This is our second Disney Cruise and we have a 4 year old daughter. We are so excited!!! I am late to the fish extender but I think our daughter would love it!!! How does the Pixie Dust list work? Is it more like a waiting list or more like a second list where we can exchange with each other? Thanks so much for the information!

I checked tonight and our 5E GTY was assigned today.This was a pleasant surprise t get aft room with the oversized balcony. 53 days and counting and very happy. It will suit our needs and besides it is just two of us,,,,,,

Greetings Macmonster,, I am so green with envy :thumbsup2,,, We wanted one of those back rooms, and when we booked those were all gone... May I ask what deck you are on??

Just in case anyone is interested, there are several photo packages available for pre-purchase on our sailing. Just google "mycruisephotos dcl" and you'll get to the website for the company. (This is the company that DCL contracts with to run Shutters.)

As of now, you can pre-purchase a CD of all your photos for about $300, and for $400 you can get your CD and your print photos. They claim you save 15% by pre-purchasing. I've heard that they limit the quantity of packaged that can be purchases ahead of time, though I don't know if this is true.

Welcome to all the new cruisers :goodvibes

Disneysmilie: The PD list is for those who missed the FE cutoff date but still want to participate. They can give and receive to anyone on any list. Some give gifts daily or just once throughout the cruise and same thing with gifts. Some will do cabin gifts others will do individual. It's totally up to you.

I see we still have some that want to be add to the PD list. For those that still wish to be added to the Pixie Dust list can you send me the following info? Thanks!

Adults in room
Kids in room, gender, and age
Special events
Dinner seating
Room number
Any allergies or special info!
Do the adults in the room drink?

Also I'll need an email address to send the list to as I can't post it in here for some reason. Thanks!

Greetings Macmonster,, I am so green with envy :thumbsup2,,, We wanted one of those back rooms, and when we booked those were all gone... May I ask what deck you are on??

We are on deck 10. May have some morning noise but I am up early and having coffee so that will not be an issue.

We booked the 5E GTY pretty early and I am not sure what the criteria is for assignment. We just felt like rolling the dice this time. Have always had deck 7 mid-ship on Magic and Wonder. This will be our first time on the Dream class.

We are on deck 10. May have some morning noise but I am up early and having coffee so that will not be an issue.

We booked the 5E GTY pretty early and I am not sure what the criteria is for assignment. We just felt like rolling the dice this time. Have always had deck 7 mid-ship on Magic and Wonder. This will be our first time on the Dream class.

The neat thing on the Dream ships is there are so many different rooms then on the Magic... We were big on the Verandas for years. but dang it we decided there was a time for a change...

Love the aft facing rooms.. we saw one that had such a nice long overhang, would have plenty of shade... This year we got one of the aft rooms with the large window portholes.. No Veranda :( but I do love the look... Will be interested in hearing you compare the Magic to the Fantasy after the cruse..

The neat thing on the Dream ships is there are so many different rooms then on the Magic... We were big on the Verandas for years. but dang it we decided there was a time for a change...

Love the aft facing rooms.. we saw one that had such a nice long overhang, would have plenty of shade... This year we got one of the aft rooms with the large window portholes.. No Veranda :( but I do love the look... Will be interested in hearing you compare the Magic to the Fantasy after the cruse..

I will certainly post a review and pics. The overhang and space is going to be a change and something I look forward to.

Cruise documents have arrived in the mail! Everybody else getting theirs, too?
:cool1:

Yup! I was so excited. Love your pic btw. We have two retired greyhounds. They're 11 and 12 now. Lazy as all get out. World's fastest couch potatoes...
0oCGIT.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter