Oct. 12, 2013 - WONDERful cruise from Galveston

We did tea with Alice we went to guest services as soon as we boarded

Actually, it's tea with 2 princesses (the 2 vary each time). After sailing on the PC cruise in December and the MR cruise last year on the Wonder we were told Alice is on the Magic (not sure about the new ships). She never sails on the Wonder. Bummer for my DD who loves Alice and even brought her Alice dress just in case. Don't want anyone else's hopes to be ruined by expecting to see her.

Not sure if anyone on here knows, but I'll ask anyway.

We had originally booked room 7532 and I read a review that stated this room didn't have the pull down berth (bed)? We are a party of four so I just assumed that it would have this if it let me book it. I changed rooms to 7598 but now I don't know if that one has a pull down. Is there any way to tell if your room has it or not? My girls have loved it the last few cruises so I'd really like to make sure we have one.

Thanks!

Actually, it's tea with 2 princesses (the 2 vary each time). After sailing on the PC cruise in December and the MR cruise last year on the Wonder we were told Alice is on the Magic (not sure about the new ships). She never sails on the Wonder. Bummer for my DD who loves Alice and even brought her Alice dress just in case. Don't want anyone else's hopes to be ruined by expecting to see her.

We were on the Magic

This will be our 2nd Cruise. First one was the Fantasy last October. AMAZING. Can't hardly wait!! :yay: This is the first time I've been on a board/forum like this. Just stumbled upon it today looking for door decorating ideas! :idea: Our Disney Planner gave us some last year but want to make some of our own. Any suggestions??? DH, DW, DD-8, DD-10

deeders40 said:
This will be our 2nd Cruise. First one was the Fantasy last October. AMAZING. Can't hardly wait!! :yay: This is the first time I've been on a board/forum like this. Just stumbled upon it today looking for door decorating ideas! :idea: Our Disney Planner gave us some last year but want to make some of our own. Any suggestions??? DH, DW, DD-8, DD-10

We were on the Fantasy last Oct!! :)

We are flying into Houston but going to stay in Galveston for two nights before the cruise. Any suggestions on where to stay so we can stay entertained for one full day? We will not have a car so would like to stay somewhere that has places within walking distance, or at a hotel that provides a shuttle!! TIA

We are flying into Houston but going to stay in Galveston for two nights before the cruise. Any suggestions on where to stay so we can stay entertained for one full day? We will not have a car so would like to stay somewhere that has places within walking distance, or at a hotel that provides a shuttle!! TIA

I'm not sure if this is a good recommendation or not, but we picked the Courtyard by Marriott to stay before the cruise. Our constraint is finding a room that accommodates 5, so we were limited.

The hotel is on the ocean and fairly close to the port. I don't see that much to do near the port, but I thought a walk along the waterfront may turn up som restaurants. We are getting a limo from the airport to make it seem a bit more fun getting there.

I think the last time we were on the Wonder for tea, we had Tiana, Ariel, Aurora and another that I forget, so we actually had 4 princesses.

Thanks! We are going to use Galveston Limo to get from the airport to the hotel. I just don't want to be sitting at the hotel all day on Friday! But also don't want to spend a lot of money do go do things.

My family is scheduled for the cruise. I'm new to this and would appreciate being talked through the things I should do. I would like to sign up for this fish extenders group. What do we do?
Much Thanks,
Triche

Thanks! We are going to use Galveston Limo to get from the airport to the hotel. I just don't want to be sitting at the hotel all day on Friday! But also don't want to spend a lot of money do go do things.[/QUOTE
Have you used them before? Were still trying to find transportation to the port, we have 7 people so its hard to find that large of a vehicle.

I haven't booked our transportation yet from Houston Airport (Hobby) to a Hotel in Galveston. I was referred to Galveston Limo and called for quotes. Seemed reasonable compared to Happy Limo that we used from Orlando to Port Canaveral last year. But may give Ladybird limo a call as well.

I'm not sure if this is a good recommendation or not, but we picked the Courtyard by Marriott to stay before the cruise. Our constraint is finding a room that accommodates 5, so we were limited.

The hotel is on the ocean and fairly close to the port. I don't see that much to do near the port, but I thought a walk along the waterfront may turn up som restaurants. We are getting a limo from the airport to make it seem a bit more fun getting there.

Did you look into the TownePlace Suites? They are an all suites property, they may have something to make your group of 5 more comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter