Oct. 12, 2013 - WONDERful cruise from Galveston

We are sailing on the 7-day on Oct 12!! Can't wait! I'd love any advice! It's us and two other families. 6 adults and 5 kids. We are doing fish extenders. Is there a group for that?

What is the Facebook page name? I wanna join!
Our family has been wondering a couple of things:
1. What is the depth in the Goofy pool? (Our boys are on the short side for their ages so they wanted to know if they would be able to touch bottom).
2. Does the drinking water taste? (Every Carnival ship we have been on the drinking water always seems to have a moldy taste).

Since this is our first DCL cruise we were hoping some of you experienced people might have the answers for us.

Thanks!

I am more than happy to split the lists. However since I did not start this my information is incomplete on some of the rooms. On List one I have 5 cabins with no information on them. They are all in one group. I would like to get everyone the information as quickly as possible but I would like to include everyone in the order they signed up but in order to speed this along I either need to get all information in by Thursday or split the groups by cabins that have complete information.

Is everyone agreeable to this?

If I do not have your complete information please PM me or send me a message on the Facebook page.

Secondly We need to keep the sizes manageable I know there are some who only want to be in a group of 10 I would like to take this into consideration and will split into three groups One of 10, one of 15 and one for the remaining cabins. Anyone from the first groups can participate in groups that form after them. I will be participating in all groups.

Is everyone agreeable to splitting the groups this way?

I apologize for the delay but as soon as I have complete info I will finalize these lists. Please post your answers to these questions.

I would like to be added to fb.
We were wanting to do FE but there are already four groups. I guess we can just do it amongst ourselves. There are three families. 6 adults and 5 kids. It will only be the kids doing it. It is a complete surprise to them!!! Can't wait.

I'm late to the party... but we will be sailing on this cruise as well and are very excited! Wondering about hotel ideas in Galveston--we need one that will shuttle us to the pier for the night before the sail date. I have never been to the port and don't have a good concept of how far things are spread out--we don't have a car so I would love a reasonably priced hotel with pool/close to beach and close to shops/restaurants. Ideas?

:mickeyjum First time poster here...

Hi everyone! We're super excited about our upcoming cruise with y'all. We're staying in one of the Navigator's Veranda rooms and our friends got the <drool> Roy O. Disney suite. Our reservations are linked to theirs which should make this an amazing first cruise for our daughter.

As for the hotel question, we're traveling from Austin and used Priceline to score $49 rooms. Priceline doesn't allow you to choose the hotel, just the star rating. We lucked out and got the Beachcomber Inn for the Friday before the cruise and the Inn at the Waterpark for the Saturday after the cruise.

We're busy planning our door magnets and fish extenders this weekend.

C, B & B

Can anyone give us non Facebookers an update of any important info we may have missed?

Time seems to have come to a stop, and I can use anything I can get to pass the time.

Thanks!

Very excited, the boys crossed off another day on the countdown calendar.

I have finally started packing, now that I finished the custom made T-shirts. I just love how the Avery T-Shirt Transfers turn out. We are able to buy t-shirts at Walmart in a host of colors for $6 and then another $2/sheet for the transfers - half price of what we would pay elsewhere, including the Disney Outlet.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the cruise!

For all of the latecomers looking for info on Galveston, there is a great thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988332&highlight=galveston

In summary, plenty of parking and hotel options, though unsure of hotel availability at this point.

The weather in Houston finally dropped last night, 30 degree difference in 12 hours. It is expected to get warmer next weekend though, back to high in mid-80s, low in high 60s. No sweaters needed for this cruise, though I do bring one light jacket or hoodie just in case.

The BBO Club said:
I would like to be added to fb.
We were wanting to do FE but there are already four groups. I guess we can just do it amongst ourselves. There are three families. 6 adults and 5 kids. It will only be the kids doing it. It is a complete surprise to them!!! Can't wait.

Anyone wanting to join the facebook page pm me your email address. :)

Hi. My son and I will be on this cruise. We are super excited! I've cruised before but never with Disney and this is my son's first. I'm really late on this but is there a fish extender group we can join?

Hi. My son and I will be on this cruise. We are super excited! I've cruised before but never with Disney and this is my son's first. I'm really late on this but is there a fish extender group we can join?
are you on our Facebook page? You can post there if anyone has extras they can contact you. We are meeting 3:00 on embarkation day in the Promenade Lounge deck 3. I can make an announcement if anyone's has extras and wants to exchange with you. We are also meeting the next morning and have a pajama breakfast planned for the last sea day. If you are in Galveston tomorrow night there is a pre-cruise meet at The Spot 5:30 just a casual meet. We are staying at the Galvez. We are in boarding group 1 and will be there early. I am on a red scooter name is Melissa.

Looking forward to the cruise - the one curse about living close to the port -- last minute packing!

Welcome back. Hope you had a great cruise. Lots of pics Amanda and Annette and family. :cool1::grouphug::cool1: Now my cruise is getting close.

Welcome back. Hope you had a great cruise. Lots of pics Amanda and Annette and family. :cool1::grouphug::cool1: Now my cruise is getting close.

We had a great time. Just missed our cruise buddies(walt and di) But made some new friends.
Thank you to every one who made our princesses birthday special. She loved all the fish extender and birthday gifts. You would have thought she turned 5 not 21. DCL made it special with princess sheets and presents everyday from room service.

Dittos on the amazing FE group - it was our first, and everyone made our boys feel like they got pixie dust daily with the fond birthday wishes!

I am looking through the pictures and video now, and it was just fantastic.

the only thing is time flew by! Every time I looked at the time on the wave phone I missed a meet-up, a character appearance, or the start of a movie. I guess that is a good thing, as work usually has me running from one meeting to the next.

We are booked on the Panama Canal cruise in May, but don't think I can wait that long! Curious if there are any good 3 or 4 night cruise deals (OGT, VGT) that can give us a quick fix! :)

Thanks again for all of the thoughtful FE gifts! You blessed our family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts