Oct. 12, 2013 - WONDERful cruise from Galveston

I haven't heard was I included in the FE group? I had posted as well as emailed my information. Also i would love to be added to the facebook group Chandra Irving. I tried to get added but not sure i did it correctly. Counting down the days!

What a neat idea! We love seeing characters dressed up. I guess that we will have to pack our Halloween costumes. Might need another suitcase!

Any recommendations on Insurance? Want to do one that combines Airfare with the ship. In the past we have used DCL insurance, only had to use it once. DH got sick and went into the hospital 3 days before the trip. Given it is Hurricane season would rather get some protection.

We used Allianz before. My daughter got sick on the ship and we were reimbursed for the visit and all the medicine. I'd recommend them again. Plus, kids are free.

Hi everyone! We've been so busy! We were out of town for a month. Then had family in town. Got back from a quick 3 day trip to Disneyland for my daughter's 7th bday. So, ready to be at home without guests for awhile. Now time to think about the cruise. Can't believe it's coming up quickly!!

Chani said:
I haven't heard was I included in the FE group? I had posted as well as emailed my information. Also i would love to be added to the facebook group Chandra Irving. I tried to get added but not sure i did it correctly. Counting down the days!
If you want to email me your email address I'll add you to the Facebook group. Kate_mickley@hotmail.com

Just curious where everyone is staying the night before?

Holiday Inn on JFK Blvd. in Houston. BIL is an employee of Holiday Inns and so he can get an employee deal but we want to be close to the airport so we can get the shuttle to the boat in the morning.

HEY RANDOM QUESTION HERE: I've heard the Disney World is expanding Fantasyland. Does anyone know if Disneyland is doing that as well?

We live an hour north of Austin and were contemplating staying the night before. We drove down morning of last year and we had to be up at 4:30 or 5 to get everyone ready and on the road. I felt like I was dragging all day long (could have been the Dramamine). I was a little floored by some of the prices when i looked up reservations. Since when is a Super 8 over $200?! Anyone else experience a little sticker shock?

were staying at the doubletree at the airport. We got a great rate of 101 with taxes. We really wanted to stay in galveston but we arrive late the night before and leave very early the morning after

Were still looking at transportation but i think were taking super shuttle because we can save $80

We will be staying in Texas City the night before. We have not chosen a hotel yet but they are running in the $99 range. Its not far from Galveston and makes it a easier morning if we don't have to rush.

We live an hour north of Austin and were contemplating staying the night before. We drove down morning of last year and we had to be up at 4:30 or 5 to get everyone ready and on the road. I felt like I was dragging all day long (could have been the Dramamine). I was a little floored by some of the prices when i looked up reservations. Since when is a Super 8 over $200?! Anyone else experience a little sticker shock?

I would also see if you get any discounts due to your employer. My hubby works for the Federal Government (no comments please, we grumble everyday ourselves thank you), but he does qualify for hotel discounts at different chains. Many large companies do this. I've heard Dell does. And sometimes teachers get discounts. Law enforcement do to. The worst they could do is say no. And many insurance carriers have discount. You might see things with your monthly bills about rental car deals, sometimes they can get hotels. Or if there are enough of you needing a room, OU can request a block of rooms, like they do for weddings, and are usually at a discounted rate. Check with AARP or. AAA.

As far as driving in that morning, we are coming from Pfleugerville. The hope is to leave by 7:30 and PAT is 11:30. We already have parking set up for something like $65 while on the cruise.

Agreed with checking with your employer or call the hotel and ask if they have any Teacher, Student, nurse,police, etc discount for those who do not have a employer discount. I was surprised to find out how many hotel chains offer discounts like this.

BTW.. we are staying at the IAH Marriot the night before. We got a weekend corp discount.

Hi all,

I found this thread under "10/12/2013 7 Night Caribbean Cruise"

Shouldn't this be Bahamas Cruise on this date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter