Oceanears bracelet w/o a kid?

I looked this up trying to learn more about what the band does for the game play, and it looks like you can access the Dream, Nassau, and Castaway Cay. On the website I saw they were using it with an Infinity 3.0. The band was set directly on one of the hexagons. Does anyone know if this will work with a 2.0?

I don't think the cruiseline stuff opens on 2.0 but each version of Infinity gets different unlocks from regular magicbands and the older cruise magicbands.

I did not know you could use a band for this...may have to keep our band for our upcoming cruise!

Went on cruise in early December. DH (and DD) got Disney Infinity for Christmas. Tonight we get to the point where we realize we should have kept the darn Oceaneer band.

How did I never hear about this before?!

Silly question, the bands that work for the Infinity, are they just the Dream bands or all ships?? We are cruising the Fantasy in April and my kids are already planning to spend time in the oceanears areas.

I overheard someone asking a woman ahead of me if he could by her child's band for $20 when we were in line the last night. I just assumed he had a child who was collecting them or something. She did sell it to him. So that's a way to do it. On the last night of the cruise, hang out by the kids club.

My son got an xbox and infinity for Christmas. We just got off the Dream in November and I'm kicking myself for returning the bands. I had no idea then that this was something we would need/want. I second the question above, do the bands from other ships work as well? We are cruising on the Fantasy next

I agree with PP, hang out at the kids club on last night, that's when parent's turn the bands in. I have no use for a band at home and would happily accept the $12 in cash to hand the band over.

They work with any oceanears club band.

Hint - the Disney world one can be unlocked with any cell phone with an nfc chip. Turn on your Apple Pay or android pay and put it on the disk.

Sadly that doesn't unlock the Dcl content though.

i went to the oceaneer's club and asked about this and a senior cast member told me yes we could buy one and we did ($12.50). my DS plays infinity, so wanted to check what happens. anyways, i would go ask at the club, you won't be the first, and perhaps they will. i just asked as nicely as i could and didn't do any of the "oh i read that" or "i know people can" thing.... and actually at first the first person said i'm sorry, but a manager type overheard and said it was ok. so it's possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter