Oceanears bracelet w/o a kid?

TiggerBouncy

DIS Veteran
This might sound like an odd question, but would I be able to get my hand on an oceanears bracelet during checkin or at guest services or something without having a kid?

We have Disney Infinity at home and would like to unlock the cruise line goodies. However, I won't have a kid with me.

I don't want them to arrest me when a 40+ guy goes up to them and asks for a pass to the kid room! :rotfl::rotfl2:

Me and my son have an Infinity as well - we didn't now there are goodies associated with the kids club bracelets, which we DO NOT have, Can you describe or link to what those goodies are? It might warrant actualyl buying the band after the next cruise rather than returning it.

This might sound like an odd question, but would I be able to get my hand on an oceanears bracelet during checkin or at guest services or something without having a kid?

We have Disney Infinity at home and would like to unlock the cruise line goodies. However, I won't have a kid with me.

I don't want them to arrest me when a 40+ guy goes up to them and asks for a pass to the kid room! :rotfl::rotfl2:
Yes, I agree it is an odd question. However, I suggest you pose this question to the Youth Clubs CM that is on this board. I believe the link is "Ask me anything".

MUN

Sadly I don't think they will let you buy them with out a kid in the club :(. We went during an open house and for about a second considered sneaking one of the replacement ones from behind the counter but decided we needed to be good adults and not take one.

I have Infinty also, and want to unlock the cruise items. It doesn't seem fair that I need an item only available to kids to unlock those items. I've thought of two ways I might be able to get the items unlocked, and they both require the assistance of a kid with an Oceaneer band.
Since I have a Wii U, the first option is bringing the Wii U, Gamepad, Disney Infinity base, game disk, and all related power cables, then getting the kid to scan the band into the game for me.
The easier option would be finding someone willing to let me buy the band from them at the end of the cruise. It's not that expensive, I wouldn't have to bring as much with me, and if there is anything unlocked by the band in the next version of Infinity, I'd already have the band.

You might want to try some Disney Infinity Forums. it appears that if you go and share a toy box with people who have the items unlocked, they unlock for you as well. Might be worth a look into.

I have Infinty also, and want to unlock the cruise items. It doesn't seem fair that I need an item only available to kids to unlock those items. I've thought of two ways I might be able to get the items unlocked, and they both require the assistance of a kid with an Oceaneer band.
Since I have a Wii U, the first option is bringing the Wii U, Gamepad, Disney Infinity base, game disk, and all related power cables, then getting the kid to scan the band into the game for me.
The easier option would be finding someone willing to let me buy the band from them at the end of the cruise. It's not that expensive, I wouldn't have to bring as much with me, and if there is anything unlocked by the band in the next version of Infinity, I'd already have the band.

I believe gaming consoles are not allowed on DCL so you would be bringing it with the possibility of having it confiscated and then put in a holding area for your entire trip. You could just go to a cruise meet up thread and prearrange with a parent to buy a band from them.

I believe gaming consoles are not allowed on DCL so you would be bringing it with the possibility of having it confiscated and then put in a holding area for your entire trip. You could just go to a cruise meet up thread and prearrange with a parent to buy a band from them.
I thought that gaming consoles are not allowed due to needing to be hooked up to a TV in order to use them. The Wii U can use the gamepad as the screen for many games, including Disney Infinity. I'm not really in favor of bringing my Wii U on a cruise, but I would NOT be happy if the ONLY reason given for confiscation was incompatibility with stateroom TVs. The Wii U can be used without a TV, and I often play mine without using the TV.
I do think the simplist method is to arrange to buy a band at the end of the cruise. Less to bring and risk damaging, more room for souvenirs, and no worries about someone deciding to ruin my plan by confiscating a necessary piece for getting the goodies.

I thought that gaming consoles are not allowed due to needing to be hooked up to a TV in order to use them. The Wii U can use the gamepad as the screen for many games, including Disney Infinity. I'm not really in favor of bringing my Wii U on a cruise, but I would NOT be happy if the ONLY reason given for confiscation was incompatibility with stateroom TVs. The Wii U can be used without a TV, and I often play mine without using the TV.
I do think the simplist method is to arrange to buy a band at the end of the cruise. Less to bring and risk damaging, more room for souvenirs, and no worries about someone deciding to ruin my plan by confiscating a necessary piece for getting the goodies.

That and electricity overload but anything on the "banned" list can be taken and stored until the end of the cruise.

We tried to purchase a band on our last cruise and were told "No Way". We spoke to three different CMs (two from the kids clubs and one from Guest Services) and they all told us the same thing, it was not allowed per shoreside DCL. We were not looking for one for free and offered to pay the charge which I think was around $15. All of the CMs refused to sell us one and told us we could only get one if we had a child in one of the clubs.

I thought there was a charge. We cruise with our granddaughters and they are always offered to keep their bands, but have to pay for them. I think it use to be $12 per band. We always pass and return them.

Thanks for the replies. I was more hoping the response was going to be "Oh, sure. Just go tell the CM you want to buy one". :-)

It's really not fair. We play Infinity too, and we are on the cruise. Why don't we deserve the cruise line goodies? :confused::sad:

Do they only get the bands in the Oceaneers Club? Do the teen club kids get them too?

3 other suggestions: give birth to a child, adopt a child, or try ebay (not for a child, but for the band).

Have you asked on your cruise's board if anyone would be willing to sell you one that their kid used? You could plan to meet up on the last morning to pick it up before leaving the ship.

I looked this up trying to learn more about what the band does for the game play, and it looks like you can access the Dream, Nassau, and Castaway Cay. On the website I saw they were using it with an Infinity 3.0. The band was set directly on one of the hexagons. Does anyone know if this will work with a 2.0?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter